• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Salads to Try in a Trifle Dish

In summary, the author suggests doing a salad in the trifle bowl instead of the ham and pea salad. There is a 13 page recipe file titled "trifle salads" that includes instructions for several different salads.
bbenton4
Does anyone have any great salads to do in the trifle other than the ham and pea thing?

there is a 13 page recipe file titled "trifle salads". Just do a search for that.

I've done the Jerk Chicken Salad in the trifle bowl...it's really pretty. Just cut back on the lettuce a little bit.

I just did the BBQ chicken cobb salad (or something like that) which is in the grilling recipe cards. And I did it in the trifle bowl. I thought it looked (and tasted) great!:)

bbenton4 said:
Does anyone have any great salads to do in the trifle other than the ham and pea thing?

Waht's the ham and pea thing? I have never heard of this unless you are talking Seven Layer Salad.

I had one at a cluster meeting in April that was delicious. If I get any June shows, I'll be doing it for my demo. It was called a handful salad.

2 bags mixed salad greens
handful of sliced strawberries
handful of sliced red onions
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
handful of candied walnuts
vinegarette salad dressing of any kind

layer 1/2 of each item (not the dressing) in trifle bowl & repeat. Let each person put their own dressing on.

to make the candied walnuts, melt a handful of sugar in saute pan, using enough water to keep a thick syrup consistency. sprinkle cinnamon in syrup, then add walnuts.

it was so yum-o!

I've been taking this to family events, picnics, etc. lately. Everyone has been raving about it! Confetti Cornbread Salad1 Jiffy cornbread mix 3 tomatoes (chopped)
1 4 oz. chopped green chilies (undrained) 1 green pepper (chopped)
1/8 t. cumin 1 cup green onion (chopped)
1/8 t. oregano 1 pkg. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup mayonnaise 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream 2 cans pinto beans (rinsed and drained)
1 env. ranch dressing mix 2 cans corn (drained)Prepare cornbread batter according to package directions. Stir in chilies, cumin, and oregano. Spread in greased 8 x 8 square baker. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes. Cool. Meanwhile, use food chopper to chop green pepper, salad scissors to chop tomatoes, and santuko knife to thinly slice green onions. Open corn & beans using smooth-edge can opener, and drain using can strainer. In small-batter bowl combine mayo, sour cream, and dressing mix; set aside. Crumble 1/2 of cornbread into trifle bowl. Layer with half of the beans, mayo mixture, corn, tomatoes, pepper, onions, bacon, and cheese. Repeat layers (dish will be very full) Cover and refrigerate 2 hrs. Can be made 1-2 days ahead.

You Guys are Great!Thanks for the info!! This site has been a great asset to me as a relatively new consultant. God bless you all!

Related to Delicious Salads to Try in a Trifle Dish

1. What is a trifle dish?

A trifle dish is a large, clear glass bowl typically used for serving desserts or salads. It has a wide, shallow base and straight sides, making it perfect for layering ingredients.

2. What makes salads in a trifle dish different from regular salads?

The unique shape of the trifle dish allows for beautiful presentation and easy layering of ingredients. It also allows for more room to add a variety of toppings and textures, making the salad more visually appealing and flavorful.

3. Can I use any type of salad in a trifle dish?

Yes, you can use any type of salad in a trifle dish. However, it is best to choose salads with ingredients that can be easily layered and won't become soggy, such as chopped vegetables, beans, grains, and pasta.

4. How do I layer a salad in a trifle dish?

Start by adding a layer of lettuce or greens at the bottom of the dish, then add your desired toppings and dressings. Repeat this process until you reach the top of the dish, making sure to evenly distribute the ingredients. Finally, garnish with extra toppings for a beautiful presentation.

5. Can I make the salad ahead of time and store it in the trifle dish?

Yes, you can make the salad ahead of time and store it in the trifle dish for a few hours before serving. However, it is best to wait to add the dressing until just before serving to prevent the salad from becoming soggy. Keep the dish covered and refrigerated until ready to serve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Rosechef
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • ChefMoore
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies