• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Skillet Supper Sunday: Pina Colada & Spinach Salad

In summary, the show has a pina colada drink, a toffee trifle, and a Strawberry spinach salad. The host is making a special dessert and needs a main dish. Jaime is new to the show and is borrowing cookware from her director. The show is on Sunday and Ann recommends contacting the director to see if he is local or if there is someone else in the cluster who can lend her cookware.
pchefjaime
Gold Member
Ok so I have a show on Sunday.
We/host is making a pina colada drink
choclate toffe trifle will be made but leading up to dec host special
demo: Strawberry spinach salad all ingrdiants ready just spin and mix
and we need a main dish I am new so do not have any cookware will need to borrow if need to. I think something in the skillet would be great

Have you contacted your Director? Is he/she local or someone else in your cluster? I borrowed all the time from my director when I first started. It was the joke later when I told her that her 3-tier rack could stay on her table now, because I bought one. I'd loan you one, but I'm in Oregon. Good luck!!

Jaime, do you always have 3 recipes at your shows? That seems like a little much (in my opinion - feel free to disagree). I think the salad and dessert is plenty. If you really want a main dish, how about making some chicken in the CDB, and add it to the salad.

chefann said:
Jaime, do you always have 3 recipes at your shows? That seems like a little much (in my opinion - feel free to disagree). I think the salad and dessert is plenty. If you really want a main dish, how about making some chicken in the CDB, and add it to the salad.

I totally agree with Ann...you are there to sell your products, not cater the party.:rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes:

I don't think I would make three recipes. The salad should be fine.

I only make one :blushing:

I agree that you don't need to be doing 3 recipes but if you are still going to then I would recommend either the 30 minute chicken in the DCB or the 10 minute pork in the DCB.

Three Recipes???? How long are your shows? I only do 2....Usually a main dish type recipe and a dessert.

I usually make just one recipe, sometimes two not often.... it's a lot of work to do three. If you can pull it off that awesome! Good Luck!

Something it can be hard to remember, especially when a new consultant, is that the food is simply a taste for the guests we are not caterers. The goal of the recipe is to show the great products.

I know all of you are like wow she must be nuts doing 3 dishes. I only do one but my friend wants to serve pampered chef recipes so peple can get a taste of what is in the cookbooks. So she is making everything except the main dish which I am doing at the show to present. The salad will already be ready to throw together I just demo the spinner then it is done.. So if that helps I would have to be nuts to do 3. I am lucky to get 1 sometimes I am so nervous I am going to make a fool out of myself when cooking. Hope that helps. I do not have the cdb either. ANy ideas will be welcome

Ah, well that puts a different perspective on things. The 30 minute chicken in the DCB is great. Everyone has been raving about the skillet lasagna (new 29 minute cookbook) and the Asian Pork and Noodle Skillet (on CC/consultants corner under season's best). If you can borrow a skillet I would do one of those as showcasing the pans during pan-o-rama is a great idea.

1. What ingredients do I need for the Pina Colada & Spinach Salad?

The Pina Colada & Spinach Salad requires 6 cups of fresh spinach, 1 cup of chopped pineapple, 1/4 cup of shredded coconut, 1/4 cup of chopped red onion, 1/4 cup of chopped red bell pepper, 1/4 cup of sliced almonds, and a dressing made of 1/4 cup of coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.

2. Can I substitute any ingredients in the Pina Colada & Spinach Salad?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients to your liking. You can use baby kale or mixed greens instead of spinach, and you can use any type of nuts or seeds instead of almonds. You can also add in other fruits such as mandarin oranges or mango to the salad.

3. How do I make the Pina Colada dressing?

To make the Pina Colada dressing, simply whisk together 1/4 cup of coconut milk, 2 tablespoons of pineapple juice, 1 tablespoon of honey, and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a small bowl. If you prefer a thicker dressing, you can add in 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise or Greek yogurt.

4. Can I make the Pina Colada & Spinach Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the ingredients for the salad and dressing ahead of time, but it is best to assemble the salad right before serving to prevent the spinach from getting soggy.

5. Can I use a regular skillet for the Skillet Supper Sunday recipe?

While a regular skillet can be used, we recommend using our Pampered Chef Skillet for best results. The non-stick surface and even heat distribution will ensure that the recipe turns out perfectly every time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefLayla
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
GinaG623
  • DebPC