• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Mojito Chicken Salad Recipe from New Grilling Cookbook

In summary, to make Mojito Chicken Salad, you will need 1 lb of chicken breast, 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/4 cup of lime juice, 2 cloves of garlic, minced, 1 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of black pepper, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro, 1/4 cup of chopped fresh mint, 1/4 cup of chopped red onion, 1 diced avocado, 1 cup of halved cherry tomatoes, and 1 cup of corn kernels. You can also substitute the chicken with shrimp, tofu, or chickpeas as a protein alternative. To make the dressing, combine olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic,
floccies
This is a recipe from the new grilling cookbook.

I tried step one tonight (syrup from mandrin oranges, add sugar, microwave on high 10 minutes in the small batter bowl). The syrup is black and smells mildly burnt -- I'm thinking I need to buy another can of mandrin oranges and try the recipe again another night . . .

Has anyone made this? What were the results of the microwaved syrup?

10 minutes sounds like a long time to microwave a sugar syrup. :yuck:OK- I just checked the recipe (not that I didn't believe you, I just like to check things for myself). Did you use the right size can of oranges? It says 15 oz., which is the larger can. And in the Chef's Corner tips, it states that there should be 3/4 cup of syrup from the can. If you used a smaller can, it would burn from lack of liquid.

Hi there! I haven't tried this specific recipe, but I have made similar ones using microwaved syrup. It's possible that the syrup was overheated and burnt due to the high temperature and length of time in the microwave. I would suggest trying it again with a lower heat setting and shorter cooking time, or perhaps using a different brand of mandarin oranges. Let us know how it turns out next time!

What ingredients do I need to make Mojito Chicken Salad?

To make Mojito Chicken Salad, you will need:

• 1 lb chicken breast
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup lime juice
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cup corn kernels

Can I substitute the chicken with a different protein?

Yes, you can use shrimp, tofu, or even chickpeas as a protein alternative for this salad.

How do I make the dressing for Mojito Chicken Salad?

To make the dressing, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup lime juice, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper in a small bowl. Whisk together until well combined. Then, add in 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and 1/4 cup chopped mint and mix again.

Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this salad ahead of time. However, it is best to keep the dressing separate and add it to the salad right before serving to avoid wilting the greens.

How long will leftover Mojito Chicken Salad last in the fridge?

Leftover salad can be stored in the fridge for 1-2 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container to maintain freshness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
BlueMoon
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips