• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Greek Islands Steak Salad Recipe from Grill It Quick Cookbook

In summary, a Greek Islands Steak Salad typically includes marinated steak, mixed greens, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, and a Greek vinaigrette dressing. It can also be made with different types of protein, such as chicken, shrimp, or tofu, and the steak should be marinated for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours for best results. The salad can be made ahead of time by preparing the ingredients and dressing separately and assembling just before serving. It is also gluten-free if a gluten-free marinade and dressing are used, and gluten-free alternatives can be used for the croutons.
kewaters
Can someone post this recipe for me? It is out of the Grill It Quick cookbook. I forgot the recipe at home and need to run by the store on my way home for a few last minute ingredients. Thanks in advance!

Greek Islands Steak Salad

IngredientsSteak
1 1/2 lb beef flank steak
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp Greek RubDressing
3 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp Greek Rub
1 large garlic clove, pressed
2 tbsp pitted, chopped kalamata olives
2 tbsp chopped pepperoncini peppersSalad
6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup diced seedless cucumber
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
Additional sliced pepperoncini peppers and kalamata olives (optional)Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes1. Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat. For steak, brush steak with oil; sprinkle with rub and press into meat. Let stand until ready to grill.2. For dressing whisk together ingredients in Small Batter Bowl; set aside.3. Grill steak, covered, 4 minutes or until grill marks appear. Turn with BBQ Tongs and grill 4-6 minutes or until Pocket Thermometer registers 140˚F for medium-rare or 150˚F for medium doneness. Transfer steak from grill to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand 10 minutes (temp will rise about 5˚F). Slice steak across the grain into 1/4-in slices.4. For salad, toss spinach and cucumber with half the dressing in Stainless Mixing Bowl. To serve, divide salad among serving plates; arrange steak on top. Drizzle steak with remaining dressing. Top with feta cheese and additional peppers and olives, if desired.Yield: 4 servingsCalories: 410
Fat: 27g (Saturated Fat 8g)
Fiber: 2g

Bon appétit!

That was quick...Thanks so much Keith!!!!

You're welcome. :)

Sounds yummy!

I agreed til I saw the olives in it. *vomits*

it's okay, Keith, you can leave them out!!

1. What ingredients are typically included in a Greek Islands Steak Salad?

The main ingredients in a Greek Islands Steak Salad are marinated steak, mixed greens, Kalamata olives, feta cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, and a Greek vinaigrette dressing.

2. Can I use a different type of protein instead of steak?

Yes, you can substitute the steak with chicken, shrimp, or tofu for a vegetarian option. However, the marinade and cooking time may need to be adjusted.

3. How long should I marinate the steak for this salad?

The steak should be marinated for at least 30 minutes, but for best results, marinate it for 2-4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.

4. Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the salad ingredients and dressing ahead of time and store them separately in the refrigerator. Assemble the salad right before serving to keep the ingredients fresh.

5. Is this salad gluten-free?

Yes, this salad is gluten-free as long as you use a gluten-free marinade and dressing. You can also use a gluten-free alternative for the croutons, such as toasted gluten-free bread or quinoa.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • krley
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • leftymac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies