• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Jerk Chicken Salad: Tips for Preparing Lettuce and Bacon

In summary, the couple is discussing the pros and cons of moving to different parts of the country. The husband says that he would move back to West Virginia in a minute and the wife says that she would miss winter.
pamperedape
A couple of questions...

Can I use the utility knife to chope the lettuce, or will that make it brown?

When cooking the bacon in the small bar pan, do I HAVE to put parchment paper down, or not?

TIA!!

the lettuce will only turn brown if you are cutting it a few hrs ahead. If it will be eaten right away no worries.

I never use parchment paper when doing bacon. It only helps with cleanup.

so a shorter answer would be YES.... and ... NO...

Thanks so much Paulette!!

We had the "kid friendly version" for dinner today with the pasta. HUBBY friendly as well for my DH! We really liked it - HE loved it!!

I Have done the salad version at a TON of shows! I LOVe it. DH does too but it took some getting used to. I need to do the pasta version for the kids.

BTW: The salad version is also very good with a basic balsamic dressing. If like me you are not so much into the "lime" thing!

Curious....

where in NC are you? Mu mom lives 50 minutes east of Raleigh in Wilson. I lived there too for 2 years. I Worked for a while in Raleigh.

I live near Fort Bragg. Not too far from Wilson! I've never been there, but have heard "Wilson" for years now.

Just a tip that has work incredibly well for me... I've been making the pork tenderloin salad and I've been using the bagged lettuce and washing it and cleaning it the salad spinner. I've been calling it a "no fuss, cool and easy recipe for the summer." Everyone has loved the fact that the only real preparation is the pork loin that goes in the microwave. Everything else outside of the dressing is opening up a bag, washing and giving it a quick spin in the salad spinner. I've sold a tone of the CB and just as many salad spinners.

Awesome Tip Dawn, Thanks!

Ft Bragg.. Is that a by Fayetteville? I spent a few weeks going back and forth there for work. Wilson was OK... Too Old time south for me. I got sick of being looked down on for being a "yankee". I did enjoy my time there but I missed winter.

Yes, and MAN do I miss winter too!!!! I am a West Virginia girl who was put here by Uncle Sam. DH is out of the Army, but both of us teach here now so here we are...

it's not so bad. I won't lie though - I would move back to WV in a MINUTE!!

pamperedape said:
Yes, and MAN do I miss winter too!!!! I am a West Virginia girl who was put here by Uncle Sam. DH is out of the Army, but both of us teach here now so here we are...

Had to chuckle.......I'm sure Paulette did too - because we would probably both still miss winter in WV!:D

Winter isn't winter unless it lasts from Nov - May!;)

pamperedape said:

MISS WINTER?!:confused: :eek:

I am still waiting for one winter that I don't see snow!!! I have been close but in the 10 years that I've been in NC EVERY year we at least get one day.

BTW: I DO know what you mean - but I don't (miss it).

Related to Delicious Jerk Chicken Salad: Tips for Preparing Lettuce and Bacon

1. How do I properly prepare the lettuce for the Delicious Jerk Chicken Salad?

To properly prepare the lettuce for the Delicious Jerk Chicken Salad, start by washing the lettuce thoroughly under cold running water. Then, pat the leaves dry with a paper towel or use a salad spinner. Once dry, tear the leaves into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large bowl.

2. Can I use any type of lettuce for this salad?

While you can use any type of lettuce for this salad, we recommend using a sturdy and crisp variety such as romaine, iceberg, or butter lettuce. These types of lettuce will hold up well with the other ingredients and dressing without wilting too quickly.

3. How do I cook the bacon for the Delicious Jerk Chicken Salad?

To cook the bacon for the Delicious Jerk Chicken Salad, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with foil and lay the bacon slices on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy. Alternatively, you can cook the bacon in a skillet on the stovetop over medium heat, flipping occasionally, until crispy.

4. Can I make this salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this salad ahead of time. However, we recommend waiting to add the dressing until right before serving to prevent the lettuce from becoming soggy. You can also prep the lettuce and bacon ahead of time and store them separately in the refrigerator until ready to assemble the salad.

5. What other toppings can I add to the Delicious Jerk Chicken Salad?

While the recipe calls for lettuce and bacon as the main toppings, you can also add other ingredients such as cherry tomatoes, avocado, red onion, or crumbled feta cheese for added flavor and texture. Get creative and add your favorite toppings to make this salad your own!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies