• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for Avocado/Grapefruit Salad

In summary, the show will be my 1st interactive show and I will have a couple of questions for the guests. The chicken can be cooked ahead of time and the salad can be made without the cashews.
laylaleigh
I have a show tomorrow and we are making the chicken, avocado & grapefruit salad. This will be my 1st show since February!! It will also be my 1st interactive show. I have done other shows semi interactive, but this will be my 1st w/ the guests doing all the work.

I have a couple of questions and I am looking for any tips you may have if you have already done this show. Should I have a guest or two make the cashews or make them ahead of time? I do not have the grill pan. Should I make the chicken in the DCB or the 10" Saute pan?

TIA

Last edited:
has anyone made this salad at a show yet?

Me and my group have made this. Very good. We had tried it before without the cashews and not as good -- needed the saltiness to balance the dressing. I really loved how the grill pan worked for this. The instructions were precise and we set the timer for each side and let it go on its own while we worked on other parts of the salad and then we turned it and set the timer for the correct minutes for the 2nd side. It was so easy almost as easy as mircrowave and the seasoning was beautiful. I am a vegetarian and am probably not able to give advice on the correct alternative pan. I would probably choose the 10" and use the given instructions. I would not go with the microwave.
We also doubled the avacado which gives more people a chance to use the avacado knife and it is soo good. Leave off the chicken for vegetarians and still yummy.
Making the nuts is easy and it is a good demo for all the products. Amazing how you can make fancy nuts like you buy at the fair right at home with our sprinkles and a few ingredients.

Does this help?

IDEA: Can you borrow the grill pan from your director or another consultant? Maybe you can get it in April during the 40% incentive month.

great choice - i did this at a show and two of the guests liked it so much they requested it at their shows.

i have not used the cashews - just seems out of place in a really healthy salad. no complaints, just rave reviews.

Chicken: cook it ahead of time while you're doing the rest of the setup, you can cook from raw or warm up pre-cooked in a pan with a little oil and the citrus-basil rub. i would NOT skip the rub - it really does make a difference

Rest of salad: I had everyone gather round the table/island and we did 2 steps at a time, generally. i would get someone started on sectioning the grapefruit while someone else did the rest of the dressing, or did the radishes.
Just read the directions to make sure you're not having 2 tasks done with the same tool at once.

One more thing - I made garlic pull-apart bites in the 8" exec pan and dressed up with fresh parmesan. The combo of the salad and bites worked well.

Again, this was a BIG hit - it's lady-like, fun to prepare, and tres yummy!!

Have fun!

thanks for the tips! The garlic bites are a great idea. I hadn't thought about them with this salad before. Did you do a dessert? I usually add a free dessert when 10 or more guests. What would be good?

Trifles are my big dessert right now... The Strawberry Cream from the SB is incredibly yummy and so is the Lemon Blueberry (DD). And you can make a healthier version with low-fat or fat free Cool Whip, etc.

How long did you cook the cashews on the stove? I think mine were not cooked quite long enough.

^ugh. Mine were all gummy and when they cooled, they allllllll stuck together. Maybe I had too much corn syrup, I dunno.

1. How do I choose ripe avocados for a grapefruit salad?

When selecting avocados for your salad, look for ones that are slightly soft to the touch, but not mushy. The skin should also be dark in color and free of any bruises or blemishes.

2. How do I properly cut an avocado for a salad?

To cut an avocado for your salad, start by slicing it lengthwise around the seed. Twist the two halves in opposite directions to separate them. Remove the seed and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh. You can then slice or dice the avocado as desired.

3. Can I use canned grapefruit in this salad?

While fresh grapefruit is recommended for the best flavor and texture, you can also use canned grapefruit in a pinch. Just make sure to drain it well before adding it to your salad.

4. How far in advance can I make the avocado/grapefruit salad?

This salad is best served fresh, but you can prepare the avocado and grapefruit ahead of time and store them separately in the fridge. When ready to serve, simply toss them together with the dressing.

5. What dressing do you recommend for this salad?

A simple vinaigrette made with olive oil, lemon juice, and honey is a delicious complement to this salad. You can also try a citrus-based dressing for some added tanginess.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • tabnat80
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • kitchendivinity
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies