• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Jerk Chicken Nachos: Perfect for the Weekend with Friends and Family!

Basil has a different flavor than cilantro, so I would try using basil in place of cilantro in this recipe. You could also make pesto with basil instead of cilantro.
jrstephens
I want to try this over the weekend along with half of the SB,HA!

I have LOADS and Basil that I dehydrated to put up. Could I use it instead of cilantro?

Has anyone tried these yet?

I have made these several times. I love them, but I add a few things to this. I add a can of black beans and also chopp up some Jalepeno for spice. Everyone who has had them say it's a huge hit and love them. I also add green onions. and do our new onion garnish!I am not sure the basil will give you the same effect, however I am one for spins, so I would make a small batch w/ basil and tell us how it came out.

Amanda, that sounds yummy! I love nachos just about anyway you can put them together. I am going to have to try the jerk chicken nachos soon!

I'm not a fan of the jerk rub. Can you make these with something else?? Like barbecue or southwestern???

I bet Southwestern would be good, goes with the mexican theme.

I am sure the southwestern would be fine. There are probably lots of hosts that may be the same way, so that is a great idea.

This recipe looks and sounds sooooo yummy I can't wait to try it for myself!

Jennifer~

I would have to say....get the cilantro! It really "makes" these nachos! Cilantro to me says "fresh" and "Mexican!"

I would think that the BBQ rub may be a good substitute for the Jerk seasoning...I haven't tried it though, since I LOVE the Jerk seasoning!

I agree w/ Kelly! Cilantro is only .79 a bunch (at least around here) and there is a world of difference between it and basil!

Basil, to me, gives foods a definite Italian taste.

Thanks! I was just trying to come up with something to use all this basil I have coming out of my ears!! HA!

Tried them tonight at our Cluster meeting and they were great!! Let us know how the basil turns out!!

Cilantro - Just say no I find the stuff odd tasting and wonder why people started adding it to everything and ruining perfectly good Mexican food

Chipotle's resturants don't even give you an option of rice without cilantro - It's in all their salsas their rice - Everything YUCK!

Try Parsley instead of Cilantro

I am going to try them this weekend. I'd also agree, get the cilantro, it has a very different flavor than basil. I personally really like it in Mexican and Asian dishes.

jrstephens said:
Thanks! I was just trying to come up with something to use all this basil I have coming out of my ears!! HA!

Here are some ideas for Basil:

Tomato Basil Squares
Grilled Italian Pizza (we are having this for supper tonight!!! YUMMY!)
Bruschetta (use the salsa recipe in the catalog - only sub Basil for the cilantro, leave out the pepper & lime, and sub with a splash of Balsamic vinegar & olive oil and some salt & freshly ground pepper)

Make Pesto!!!

EASY PESTO
INGREDIENTS

* 1/4 cup almonds
* 3 cloves garlic
* 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
* 1/2 cup olive oil
* 1 pinch ground nutmeg
* salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Place almonds on a cookie sheet, and bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
2. In a food processor, combine toasted almonds, garlic, basil, olive oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Process until a coarse paste is formed.

SIMPLE GARLIC & BASIL PESTO
INGREDIENTS

* 3 cups chopped fresh basil
* 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 1/2 cup pine nuts
* 1/8 cup Brazil nuts
* 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 2 tablespoons minced garlic
* 1/2 teaspoon chili powder

DIRECTIONS

1. Place the basil in a blender. Pour in about 1 tablespoon of the oil, and blend basil into a paste. Gradually add pine nuts, Brazil nuts, Parmesan cheese, garlic, chili powder, and remaining oil. Continue to blend until smooth.

Can you use "dried" basil to make pesto? Pesto freezes really well and is called for in some of our recipes. Plus, it's great on pasta or on pizza.

I LOVE Cilantro - I'm on a homemade salsa kick lately because I've got tomatoes taking over my tomato plants, and my cilantro is doing well too! I can't wait to try these nachos!

Tomato basil soup
fresh tomatoes mozzarella and basil with balsamic vinagrette
on my blt sandwiches :)

Oh, use your basil to make pesto and then make the pesto mini pizzas (or whatever we're calling them) in the new SB. I'm making those tonight too!

I made them at a show for the first time and everyone loved them! I did it exactly as the recipe said. I wouldn't change anything.

I completely did not think about that I have dried parsley too!! I got into gardening this summer. Thanks for mentioning parsley a few post down. I may still try cilantro but I know I love parsley.

Thanks for the basil suggestions. I need to try making some pesto.

Related to Delicious Jerk Chicken Nachos: Perfect for the Weekend with Friends and Family!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Delicious Jerk Chicken Nachos?

To make Delicious Jerk Chicken Nachos, you will need tortilla chips, cooked and shredded chicken, jerk seasoning, bell peppers, red onion, pineapple, cheese, and your choice of toppings such as cilantro, avocado, and sour cream.

2. Can I use a different type of meat instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use any type of meat you prefer for these nachos. Some popular options include beef, pork, or shrimp.

3. How do I make the jerk seasoning for this recipe?

If you don't have store-bought jerk seasoning, you can make your own by combining spices such as allspice, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and cayenne pepper. You can also add a little brown sugar for sweetness.

4. Can I make these nachos ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the components of these nachos ahead of time and assemble them right before serving. Keep the tortilla chips and toppings separate from the chicken and cheese to prevent them from becoming soggy.

5. How can I make these nachos vegetarian-friendly?

To make these nachos vegetarian, simply omit the chicken and use black beans or tofu as a protein alternative. You can also add more veggies like corn, black olives, or jalapenos for extra flavor and texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliebakes
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies