• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Interactive Show Recipes for Your Next Event

In summary, In the cluster's demo, one person brushed the fluted pan with oil, one put the cake mix together in a bowl, another person sliced the strawberries with the egg slicer.
janezapchef
Gold Member
Hi Everyone,
Just out of curiosity, those of you doing the interactive shows successfully already, what recipes are you using?

Also, there is a group around here that does an interactive show in that they have the prep done and everyone makes their own of something. For instance, they would make the cheese crostini and have the bread already cut and toasted, the filling made and in decorator bottles, etc. Guests squirt the filling on the bread, slice olives, cut red pepper, chop something, etc. whatever they want for their personal serving. Is anyone doing shows like this?

Thanks,
Jane :)

so, i guess i'm bumping now that i know what it is.
:)

Our cluster made the Deluxe Cheeseburger salad as a "demo" (consultants were the guests, Director was the consultant doing the show) and it worked well! Eight minutes and we were DONE!

I think for interactive shows I will do either something with NO BAKING...or a put it together and pop it in the oven for 20 minute type recipes.

Before I started with the interactive I did a lot of prep. Now I don't do any and it's awesome! Everyone else does the work for me! Sold 3 Santoku Knives last night and they all said they wouldn't have spent $70 on a knife unless they had tried it first on food. Woo-hoo!I wouldn't prep everything and have them assemble it just because it's not really giving them too much of a chance to use our tools. I mean, how many people really need to try a spreader? Everyone has used one before. Get them to use the Bread Knife and they'll LOVE it!Good luck!

I made the Smashed Potato Soup in the microwave as an interactive demo last week, and it went very well. The UM even behaved itself! (I used the crinkle blade for the carrots.) One person made garlic bites in the saute pan, and other people made the soup: peeled and cut carrots, cut celery, measured milk, opened cans of broth, chopped onion with the food chopper, etc.

chefann said:
I made the Smashed Potato Soup in the microwave as an interactive demo last week, and it went very well. The UM even behaved itself! (I used the crinkle blade for the carrots.) One person made garlic bites in the saute pan, and other people made the soup: peeled and cut carrots, cut celery, measured milk, opened cans of broth, chopped onion with the food chopper, etc.
My one and only interactive show was with this recipe. It may be that it's a "new" thing for me, but the in and out of the microwave (with not much prep to go on while it's in there) made me feel like I kept losing control. They would start talking and getting loud (how dare them!) when I wasnt' keeping them busy. I think it will go better the next time, as I will think of things to say during those times. It went well, but not as well as I was hoping!

I had some of the same issues, Kelly, but I used the microwave time to give my stoneware talk and round-up chat.

Yea...that's what I thought. I just hadn't "planned" to do that...so I lost them for a few minutes!! LOL

I did the Fajitas in the DCB, with salsa & guac on the side. While the fajitas were in the microwave, we did the salsa & guac, and got that into bowls and got set up for the fajitas. Once the fajitas were out of the microwave, everyone made themselves a plate of food, and then we sat down, and I finished my presentation while everyone had their mouths full of food!:D

It worked out really well.

At our last cluster meeting, they made the new Chocolate Strawberry Velvet cake, and many of the consultants in attendance were able to be part of the interactive experience. One person brushed the fluted pan with oil, one put the cake mix together in a bowl, another person sliced the strawberries with the egg slicer. I'm planning this recipe at a few parties coming up... looks easy enough to get people involved!

ChefBeckyD said:
I finished my presentation while everyone had their mouths full of food!:D

I love this line! I went to view my SD's show, it was 25 school teachers there, and I can tell you, even having their mouths full of food didn't stop these ladies from talking. LOL

Debala715 said:
I love this line! I went to view my SD's show, it was 25 school teachers there, and I can tell you, even having their mouths full of food didn't stop these ladies from talking. LOL
OMG! Ain't that the truth! I've got a group of repeat customers who are schoolteachers and they're by far the most talkative. I usually joke around about having to put them in detention. :)

chefann said:
How many people were in attendence at this show?

There were only 3, so everyone got to do a couple of things. But there's enough to do that you could probably have 8-10 people helping, if they each did only one thing (peel carrots, slice them on the UM, chop onions, etc.)

We are the worst, it's only because we talk to kids all day! It's not really are fault.

For my interactive shows, I've found it best to have several stations ready to go no matter what the recipe is. I have a cutting board with the tools needed for that step laid out beside it. I bring several cutting boards and think the steps through before I get there. That way if everyone wants to get involved, it's ready to go and if they are bashful, I can call them up to do just one step. You kind of have to wait til everyone gets there and you get a good read. It worked really well at my last show having it all ready like that.

Here is the format that I am using for my interactive shows this month! Love it for packing up too, because you can make sure you have everything!

Attachments

• asianpork&noodleskillet.doc
    32 KB · Views: 251
Thanks for posting Marlene!!! I'm thinking about taking the leap to the interactive shows, but am really nervous so this will help me to design a format myself. :thumbup:

Do you read off the recipe to each person so they know what they are doing or have little note cards next to the station. I thought about using laminated note cards since I do the same 4-6 recipes all season.

In October I did the mini pesto pizzas as an interactive show. I set up stations and at each one there was a print out of that part of the recipe highlighted.
This was real helpful because as the guests were working I could walk around and discuss the tools they had. I wasn't having to explain the recipe as they worked on it.

When you look at my outline, I have it listed that I have one person be the recipe reader. This person goes through each step and this way I am just helping everyone with the tools, doing cross sells, answering questions etc. This has worked great for me!

fruit76loop said:
When you look at my outline, I have it listed that I have one person be the recipe reader. This person goes through each step and this way I am just helping everyone with the tools, doing cross sells, answering questions etc. This has worked great for me!

I cannot download it at work so I'll have to remember to look at it at home.

I've done the Tamale Verde Skillet twice as an interactive and am doing to again this weekend. So far so good! :)

I have a party next weekend that the host wants the Jerk Chicken Nachos, I think I'll try my first interactive show at this one!

I really like this format! Thanks for the outline!

On Friday, I did the Chocolate Chip Sensations as an interactive show. I made big individual cookies (using the large scoop) before the show and the fillings. Then, at the show, I had a station for chopping strawberries and sugar with the salad chopper, one for chopping nuts with the food chopper, one for grating chocolate with the microplane and then one that had the sweet sprinkles at it. People just picked up their cookie (out of the square woven selections) and topped it as they wanted. I did a little intro before we did this and talked about stoneware, cookware, the specials, etc. My only problem was getting the attention back after they made their cookies. It seemed to have worked though... the show was at just under $600 when I left.

I'm liking the make your own idea, but I'm struggling for a variety of recipes to choose from that are easy and still show a lot.

trifles work great for interactiveTrifles are GREAT for interactive shows. One guest cuts up the cake or brownies, one guest slices fruit, one mixes the pudding, one gets to pipe the whipped topping with the EAD, one can chop nuts or chocolate with the Food Chopper. Everyone can help assemble and they all feel so proud to have done something so beautiful.:balloon:

1. What are interactive show recipes?

Interactive show recipes are recipes that are specifically designed to be used during Pampered Chef cooking shows. They are created to be easy to follow and allow guests to participate in the cooking process.

2. Where can I find interactive show recipes?

You can find interactive show recipes on the Pampered Chef website, in the “Recipes” section. They are also often included in the show materials provided by your Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Do I need special equipment to make interactive show recipes?

No, most interactive show recipes can be made with basic kitchen equipment. However, some recipes may require specific Pampered Chef products, which can be purchased from your consultant.

4. Can I customize interactive show recipes to fit my dietary restrictions?

Yes, many interactive show recipes can be easily customized to fit different dietary restrictions. You can substitute ingredients or adjust the cooking method to fit your needs.

5. Are there interactive show recipes for kids?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of interactive show recipes that are kid-friendly and easy for children to participate in. These recipes are a great way to get kids involved in cooking and teach them important kitchen skills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • Nfldfran
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vickeme1
  • legacypc46
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies