• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Diabetic-Friendly Recipes for Your Next Event

In summary, the host is diabetic and may have dietary restrictions. The guest is a friend of the host who has experience with diabetic recipes. They picked a recipe from the It's Good for You cookbook that the host's sister also enjoyed.
Camoblonde39
I have a lady that booked a show for April that just found out that she is a diabetic. What kind of recipes could I make that everyone could enjoy including the host. I usually do a main dish or appetizer and then some type of dessert. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

My FIL is an extreme diabetic (if there is such a thing, I really don't know what it's called). He can pretty much eat just about anything just has to watch his portions on certain items. He's ate just about any PC recipe I've brought over. Maybe offer the host some suggestions and she can help you make them diabetic friendly. Any recipes from the It's Good for You cookbook would probably do well. Along with any dessert made with sugar free items instead of regular.

I had a friend who's diabetic as is her mom who attended her show. I gave her a variety of recipes and she chose the Strawberry Amaretto Pastries. She made her own whipped cream for it so had control over that part and the rest she seemed fine with. Work with the host to make sure whatever's picked will work. Ask her for input about ingredients she avoids, if any, and things to be mindful of. I'm sure she'll appreciate your concern and desire to make her show wonderful.

My dearest sister is diabetic. She said that she hates to go to PC shows because there usually having rich desserts. When I did a show that she attended, I did the 30 minute chicken along with an appetizer and dessert (it was a holiday party... I don't usually do three recipes). Oh the appreciation for having a protein there that wouldn't effect her blood sugar so she could have a few bites of the dessert as well. For diet restrictions, check out the ADA's web site. American Diabetes Association Home Page. They usually have recipes and so forth. We do have and advantage with PC recipes because they are good about nutritional information.

Hi there! First of all, congratulations on booking a show for April! That's great news. I understand your concern about accommodating the host's dietary needs as a diabetic. Luckily, there are plenty of delicious and healthy recipes that everyone can enjoy. For a main dish, you could try a chicken and vegetable stir-fry with brown rice or a quinoa and black bean salad. For appetizers, you could make a roasted vegetable and hummus platter or a fruit and cheese board. And for dessert, you could make a sugar-free berry tart or a dark chocolate avocado mousse. I hope these suggestions help and I'm sure your host will appreciate your thoughtfulness in considering her dietary needs. Let me know if you need any further assistance. Happy cooking!

1. What makes a recipe considered "diabetic-friendly"?

A diabetic-friendly recipe is one that is low in sugar, simple carbohydrates, and unhealthy fats. It also includes ingredients that help regulate blood sugar levels, such as whole grains, lean proteins, and vegetables.

2. Can these recipes be used for any type of event?

Yes, these recipes are perfect for any type of event, whether it's a casual gathering or a formal dinner. They are designed to be delicious and healthy, making them a great choice for any occasion.

3. Are the ingredients for these recipes hard to find?

Not at all! The ingredients for these recipes can be easily found in most grocery stores. We also offer substitution suggestions in case a certain ingredient is not available in your area.

4. Are the recipes time-consuming to prepare?

No, these recipes are specifically chosen to be easy and quick to prepare. We understand that time is precious, especially when hosting an event, so we have selected recipes that are simple and convenient to make.

5. Can these recipes be modified for different dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! These recipes are not only diabetic-friendly, but they can also be easily modified for other dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegetarian. We provide suggestions for substitutions to accommodate different dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • pamperedcheermom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Kenzie09
  • lt1jane