• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Freezer Jam Recipes: Find Your Favorite!

In summary, making freezer jam has several benefits, including the ability to enjoy fresh, homemade jam at any time without canning and preserving the natural flavors and textures of the fruit. Freezer jam can last up to a year in the freezer if stored properly, but it is recommended to consume it within 6 months for best quality. Frozen fruit can be used for freezer jam, as long as it is thawed completely before using. Soft fruits like berries, peaches, and plums work best for freezer jam, while harder fruits may require additional cooking time and may not have the same texture. Pectin is not necessary for freezer jam, but some recipes may call for it to achieve a thicker consistency.
rennea
Gold Member
Does anybody have any awsome freezer jam recipes? I used to have a really good blueberry recipe but have misplaced it:cry:

Rennea -

Is Sure Jell available where you are? It is the powdered pectin used in jam. The recipe on there is awesome for freezer jam. I use it for strawberry, blueberry and blackberry.
Here is a link...

RecipeDetail

I give it a try, thanks. :)

Killer recipe for cranberry - raspberry freezer jam:2 quarts raspberries
sugar as per Certo package (3-4 cups)
liquid Certo pectin pouch
microplaned lemon zest
juice of 1 lemon
1 cup of Ocean Spray dried sweetened cranberries
Mix together, ladle into containers
Let set out for 2 days
Freeze, except for the 1 you are using - refrigerateyumm!

Intresting recipe, dried fruit!! I have to try this one as well :)

1. What are the benefits of making freezer jam?

Making freezer jam allows you to enjoy fresh, homemade jam at any time of the year without the hassle of canning. It also preserves the natural flavors and textures of the fruit.

2. How long will freezer jam last in the freezer?

Freezer jam can last up to a year in the freezer if stored properly in an airtight container. However, for best quality, it is recommended to consume within 6 months.

3. Can I use frozen fruit for freezer jam?

Yes, frozen fruit can be used for freezer jam. Just make sure to thaw the fruit completely before using it in the recipe.

4. What types of fruit work best for freezer jam?

Soft fruits like berries, peaches, and plums work best for freezer jam. Harder fruits like apples or pears may require additional cooking time and may not have the same texture as fresh fruits.

5. Do I need to use pectin for freezer jam?

Pectin is not necessary for freezer jam, as the fruit's natural pectin will thicken the jam when combined with sugar and lemon juice. However, some recipes may call for pectin to achieve a thicker consistency.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • 2crazyboys
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jzramom
  • natural
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies