• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Covered Baker... Non-Meat Buy?

In summary, the main dish non-meat recipes that work well in the DCB are lasagna, cobbler, and eggplant parmesan.
lkprescott
Silver Member
I've researched and found that most of the recipes for the DCB are of the meat variety. I'm looking at getting one for next month since I have a gal who would love to do a soup show and I'm figuring on using it in the microwave.

However, in my day to day use of it, are there any main dish non-meat recipes out there? I don't make roasts or poultry... I assume I could roast veggies in it like I do my classic baker... ?

Would the DCB be practical for making things like lasagna or eggplant parmesan? Or is it's depth a problem in any way? And I'm figuring things like cobbler and such? I really want to get this but want to make sure I'll have use for it since I have so little room for storage in my kitchen and anything new I buy must have multiple purposes to make the 'cut'. I'm really trying to avoid further clutter so as it is. LOL...

I would think any kind of soup/stew/chili would be good done in it. The quick turkey chili could easily be made with veggie crumbles - they are interchangeable in most recipes at my house. I posted a recipe for the Smashed Potato Soup - which I will be making in mine for shows for January, and the only substitution you would need to make would be to sub vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
It's great for bread pudding and cobblers & crisps. Don't know if you eat eggs or not, but I would think that any type of egg/bread casserole would be good in it.eta - and it's great for roasting squash, potatoes, carrots, etc......and any kind of casserole - like baked Ziti, or a lasagna.....

Last edited:
Hmmmmm .... I've been looking at it and wondering if it would fit in my crock pot?

Di_Can_Cook said:
Hmmmmm .... I've been looking at it and wondering if it would fit in my crock pot?
Why???:confused:

Because SIL's crock broke and if I got the DCB I'd give her my old one ... plus it would make a handy place to store it!I'm like others ... space in my kitchen is limited and I'm trying to avoid excess clutter. Not all the items in my kit have found a place in my kitchen!

The New York Times "No Knead Bread" recipe works wonderfully in the DCB :) Gwen

LOL - I was trying to figure out why you wanted to use the DCB in your crockpot.:balloon:

Mmmm....I just finished up my peach cobbler that I made the other night in my DCB. Yum...yum...yum :chef: (We need a smiley licking it's lips!!)

Thanks guys! I just needed to know that this was no one-trick pony. I had a guest at one of my first shows ask 'what can you do with it?' and I had a hard time coming up with stuff other than meat. LOL...

Storing it in the crock pot base would be one thing but I wouldn't use it in there.

What is a Deep Covered Baker?

A Deep Covered Baker is a versatile ceramic cooking dish that can be used in the oven, microwave, and even on the stovetop. It is designed to cook food evenly and retain moisture, resulting in delicious and tender meals.

Can I use the Deep Covered Baker to cook non-meat dishes?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is great for cooking a variety of dishes, both meat and non-meat. It can be used to make casseroles, soups, stews, and even desserts like cakes and cobblers.

What are the benefits of using the Deep Covered Baker for non-meat dishes?

The Deep Covered Baker allows for even cooking and retains moisture, resulting in tender and flavorful non-meat dishes. It also saves time and energy, as it can be used in the microwave for quick meals. Plus, it is easy to clean and can go from oven to table for a beautiful presentation.

Do I need to preheat the Deep Covered Baker before use?

No, the Deep Covered Baker does not need to be preheated before use. Simply place your food in the dish and put it in the oven or microwave to start cooking.

Is the Deep Covered Baker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. However, we recommend washing it by hand with warm, soapy water to prolong its lifespan and avoid any potential damage from the dishwasher.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Energizermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • marystell1
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
marystell1
Replies