• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with the Conference Plague: My Experience with Post-Event Illness

so miserable:(Didn't go to leadership and I got sick!!! Double ear infection, sinus infection, Bronchitus, and Strep Throat.... so miserable:(
chefmelody
Man, I got sick after National Conference, and now I'm sick after Leadership. I missed my workshop today and half of the closing general session to go back and sleep. Blah.

Anyone else get the Conference Plague?

chefmelody said:
Man, I got sick after National Conference, and now I'm sick after Leadership. I missed my workshop today and half of the closing general session to go back and sleep. Blah.

Sorry you're not feeling well...:yuck:

But hey!:D :D :D since you're feeling well enough to be on CS - would you mind filling us in on some news?:D :D :D

ChefBeckyD said:

But hey!:D :D :D since you're feeling well enough to be on Chef Success - would you mind filling us in on some news?:D :D :D

It would only be half of the news though, since she slept through the rest... :D

:yuck:

ChefBeckyD said:

But hey!:D :D :D since you're feeling well enough to be on Chef Success - would you mind filling us in on some news?:D :D :D

Oh my goodness, you made me snort!

Melody~ I am sorry to hear that you missed part of Leadership too! What bad timing! Tell your body next time it has to at least wait till you are HOME!!

Hope you feel better soon!

I think most people get sick and conference and stuff because they spend so much energy getting ready for it. As moms we have to make sure meals are ready for DH and kids, food is prepared, we're packed, and on and on and on...if we could just truly take a vacation, we'd be all set... (Whew, tired thinking about taking a trip...but hey, guess who gets to go to HO again on 1/24!!!!)

KellyTheChef said:
Oh my goodness, you made me snort!
Melody~ I am sorry to hear that you missed part of Leadership too! What bad timing! Tell your body next time it has to at least wait till you are HOME!!

Hope you feel better soon!

Ok, that just gave me the giggles...I'd better go to bed! :rolleyes:

Hey Melody - how are you on your Director by Leadership goal?

janetupnorth said:
Hey Melody - how are you on your Director by Leadership goal?

Goal has been revised to May 1st of this year, heh. I've been meaning to change that on my signature.

I'm not sure what news I could post that hasn't already been said... all the big announcements have been posted. And I was so out of it during the part of general session I made it to, I don't think anything I'd post would be accurate. :rolleyes:

chefmelody said:

Didn't go to Leadership, but I had the Conference Plague at the beginning of NC... got a migraine during the first round of workshops and had to miss... are you ready for this... the FIRST general session and the new product announcements! Talk about BLEH! And that was my first NC, too!!!

I talked to SEVERAL people today who were sick. They were suspecting food poisoning from last night's dinner. I would let someone at HO know that you got sick.

DebbieJ said:
I talked to SEVERAL people today who were sick. They were suspecting food poisoning from last night's dinner. I would let someone at HO know that you got sick.

Nah, this isn't that kind... it's the sore-throat-headache-dizzy-achy kind. Started even before the dinner last night, which I ended up leaving early too.

Must just be the travel that does it to me... even though I was good and tried to get enough sleep and took Airborne the entire trip!

I didn't even go to leadership and I got sick!!! Double ear infection, sinus infection, Bronchitus, and Strep Throat....

1. How can I prevent getting sick after attending a conference?

To prevent getting sick after a conference, make sure to wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face. Bring hand sanitizer and use it regularly. Also, try to get enough rest and stay hydrated during the event.

2. What are some common symptoms of post-event illness?

Common symptoms of post-event illness include fatigue, sore throat, coughing, congestion, body aches, and headache. Some people may also experience nausea and vomiting.

3. How long does it typically take to recover from post-event illness?

The recovery time can vary depending on the individual and the severity of the illness. In general, it can take anywhere from a few days to a week or more to fully recover from post-event illness.

4. Can I still attend work or other events if I am experiencing post-event illness?

If you are experiencing symptoms of post-event illness, it is best to stay home and rest to prevent spreading the illness to others. If you must attend work or other events, make sure to practice good hygiene and avoid close contact with others.

5. Should I see a doctor if I am experiencing post-event illness?

If your symptoms are severe or last for more than a week, it is a good idea to see a doctor. They can determine if you have a viral or bacterial infection and provide appropriate treatment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Ginger428
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views