• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Low Earnings: When a Show Doesn't Reach $150

If a show doesn't make $150, the consultant might add it to another show and direct ship the other orders to the "host."
floccies
What do you do when a show doesn't make $150?

Do I add it on to another show and direct ship the other orders to the "host"?

The show is $108 and the host is not ordering anything herself. She lives over 1 hour away, I've never met her (referral), I mailed her the host pack(4 cat), and she needed additional catalogs so I mailed her more. She said to just close her show by adding it to another show.

This is the first time I've had this happen. Usually the host will add to the guest orders to make the difference.

Call your past customers who bought SA and see if anyone wants some for 20% off.

I'm so sorry this happened!

First of all, if all the customers live an hour away, I'd direct ship the orders to her, or make them all pay for direct shipping, unless you really feel compelled to drive that far to gain customer good will. Or give her the option of picking them up from YOU.

I've had this happen under a different plan, one that gave hostesses a percentage of their sales. Under that plan, I would give the host a percentage of her non-qualifying sales, but not a bonus.

In this case, I'd combine it with another party and give her something for her efforts ... say a chance to buy something at 20 percent off. Or if those sales took your other host to the next level, I'd give her something, maybe $10 in free product.

LET THE "GOOD HOST" KNOW!

And maybe it would be easier to have it all shipped to you. That way you can sort it all out.

I have had shows like that. I just put it in & have it shipped to her.

I had this happen.... and it was a friend who was the host. *shrug* She ended up only having two orders. She only needed like $50 more in guest sales too but I contacted every other guest and no go..... so I added her two guest orders to the open house I had that same weekend. I have had DH make a purchase to a show that was close but don't know if that'd be something you could do or would want to do.

I would tell her point blank, I need $150 to submit as a show. She was the one who wanted to do the show. She needs to up hold her 1/2 of the show.

vwpamperedchef said:
I would tell her point blank, I need $150 to submit as a show. She was the one who wanted to do the show. She needs to up hold her 1/2 of the show.

But even when you tell them that, they do nothing. In these situations I often have other orders I can add or I call for other orders and then I keep the host benefits. Often the host doesn't care so she doesn't want the benefits anyway. This happened to me last month--had a catalog host who booked from her neighbor for Sept. Neighbor was super excited to get another piece of cookware, but the host only got two orders--I called the past host to get hers and then thankfully my MIL had just called me with an order so I made it work. I offered the benefits to the host and she didn't want them so I kept them for myself.

Last edited:
I agree, but then I would submit it as individual orders. Its not the consultants job to get orders for the show. They need to work for their shows. I cant stand dead beat hosts.

I agree. I have put in an order under DH name- you get products and make commissions off it :)~

Related to Dealing with Low Earnings: When a Show Doesn't Reach $150

What does "Show Doesn't Make Minimum" mean?

"Show Doesn't Make Minimum" refers to a minimum sales requirement that must be met in order for a Pampered Chef party or show to be considered successful. This minimum varies depending on the type of show and can be found in your consultant agreement.

What happens if my show doesn't make minimum sales?

If your show does not meet the minimum sales requirement, it is considered a "Show Doesn't Make Minimum" (SDMM). As a consultant, you will still receive your commission on any sales made, but you will not receive any additional perks or rewards for that show.

How can I avoid having a "Show Doesn't Make Minimum"?

The best way to avoid having a SDMM is to plan and promote your show well in advance. Reach out to potential guests, offer incentives, and make sure to follow up with attendees to ensure a successful show. It's also important to have a good understanding of your guests' needs and preferences so you can tailor the show to their interests.

Can I still earn rewards for a "Show Doesn't Make Minimum"?

No, unfortunately you will not be eligible for any additional rewards or perks for a show that does not meet the minimum sales requirement. However, you can still earn your commission on any sales made during the show.

What should I do if my show doesn't make minimum sales?

If your show falls short of the minimum sales requirement, don't be discouraged. Use it as a learning experience and reflect on what could have been done differently. You can also reach out to your team leader or fellow consultants for advice and support. Remember, every show is an opportunity to grow and improve.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Tracy99
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • mmilus