• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with an Online Purchase Gone Wrong: How to Handle a Missing Seller

In summary, the conversation is about a buyer who sent a check to a seller for a messenger bag, but now cannot get a hold of the seller. The buyer is asking for advice on what to do and others suggest trying to contact the seller through different means and giving her more time since she is moving. Some also suggest using PayPal for future transactions.
Jilleysue
Silver Member
Um, Hard Topic, What do I do if i ordered something from someone on here. Sent a check, and now I can't get a hold of her? I am confused.:confused:

Oh dear. I'm sorry Jill. What a sticky wicket.

Uh oh. I've had that happen to me before. It was a small amount of money I sent, but still, it's not very nice to take someone's money and disappear!

I always try to give the benefit of the doubt....(I waited several months!!)

Do you have a phone number? Website? Or just email? I went to the seller's PC website and got her phone number from there. Called her multiple times, but she never returned my calls. Emailed her...but didn't get anywhere.

Don't know if there is much else you can do...sorry I can't help more.

Hopefully you get this resolved soon.

Jilleysue said:
Um, Hard Topic, What do I do if i ordered something from someone on here. Sent a check, and now I can't get a hold of her? I am confused.:confused:
Is it too late to stop payment on the check?

Were you buying thongs from Ann??

LMAO!! Just kidding Ann, I would trust you with my money :) you just happen to be the only one selling thongs (I think!)

gilliandanielle said:
Were you buying thongs from Ann??

LMAO!! Just kidding Ann, I would trust you with my money :) you just happen to be the only one selling thongs (I think!)

Does she really? Or is that an inside joke?

I bought from a thread from a consultant on here that said she was selling multiple items and she had been posting quite a bit. I was getting the messagner bag. She was moving, so I am hopeing she may be just busy, but it's been since the 9th.....so I am getting worried.

Yeah the check is cashed I think.

I see who you are talking about....did you try to get a hold of her through her PWS? Is there a phone number on there?

wouldn't that be funny to mail one to doris as a gift? lol...

I can only imagine the look on her face when she sees how her "company" is advertising these days, LMAO!!

Well, it is a much more free thinking world than it was 25 years ago... couldn't we just say we are keeping up with the times :)

Jilleysue, I'm glad that I didn't buy that BUCKET bag from her.....I had posted asking what the heck it was but never got a reply either. Did she ever PM you? Do you still have it in your mailbox somewhere? I always keep that info so that I can try to get in touch with them. DO you still have the address where you sent the check? I know that she was moving but you could always try to send a note ther to remind her and hope that they will forward it to her new address.

Well you all did say she was moving. Give her the benefit of the doubt. She might really busy and is moving and can't get on the computer right now. I know when I moved into my new house I was in a tizzy for a month or so.Don't start another witch trial. Please.

Maybe you can call HO and ask for her contact information? I had a similar situation with a consultant on an email loop who sold me $23 worth of traingin tapes...and they never arrived. She gave me a big run around about why she hadnt shipped them then told me the PO lost them etc - a million stories but never got my stuff. I have since learned ONLY to pay via Paypal so at least I have recourse if the goods don't arrive. Hopefully your bag will come Jill :(

If it's only been since the 9th of this month I'd give her a little more time. Like you mentioned, she's moving, so I'm sure she has her mind on other things. I'd give it a couple more weeks and then try to follow up.

Good luck!

I'd give a little more time....who knows, she might have packed it! If she's moving she may be between internet service too. Since you have her adress that you mailed the check to you might try a reverse look-up (I think you can do this on 411.com) and maybe get a phone number that way. Or do as someone else suggested and write her a note. Good Luck!

sailortena said:
Well you all did say she was moving. Give her the benefit of the doubt. She might really busy and is moving and can't get on the computer right now. I know when I moved into my new house I was in a tizzy for a month or so.

Don't start another witch trial. Please.

Yes... just PM her or the Admin of the site. The less involved with this, the better. It could be in the mail already just taking a long time, who knows.

Yeah Yeah...I am just thinking she is moving. I was just wondering if one of you talk to her besides on here. Not accusing at all. If anything. I just want to be watching for the bag if it was mailed to my end. Yes I have emailed and I am just assuming the computer isnt hooked up or something. But either reason...on my way to PAYPAL.com right now to sign up....LOL

You can PM me who it is and I'll tell you if I have spoken with her.

My 2 cents (if it is worth that much) is maybe we should just get rid of the Marketplace thread and then we would never have these problems.

jasonmva said:
My 2 cents (if it is worth that much) is maybe we should just get rid of the Marketplace thread and then we would never have these problems.
It would do away with bad transactions, but for every bad transaction I am sure there are tons of good ones. I have never had a problem buying or selling on the marketplace. Hopefully this is an isolated situation...

Yeah I kinda feel funny right now. I didn't get in on the other stuff that was going on...so I am just thinking (SMILING) my bag will be at my door when I go home...every day...because I love all my Cheffers here.

Can I also say this without (hopefully) offending anyone - but is something like this a situation that HO should even be involved in? I am not trying to start anymore arguments or anything by saying this. I think we all need to remember to let the buyer beware - even among our fellow cheffers.

NAAAA...its buyer beware exactly. Not everyone is going to have a halo around their head...but again..who knows the sitation yet.

But Gillian does have a cute one around her star :) Mine on the other hand is being held up by my horns.

Jilleysue said:
Yeah I kinda feel funny right now. I didn't get in on the other stuff that was going on...so I am just thinking (SMILING) my bag will be at my door when I go home...every day...because I love all my Cheffers here.

It's ALL your fault Jilleysue! Lookit what you started!! ;)

jasonmva said:
Can I also say this without (hopefully) offending anyone - but is something like this a situation that HO should even be involved in? I am not trying to start anymore arguments or anything by saying this. I think we all need to remember to let the buyer beware - even among our fellow cheffers.
No, you are right. HO shouldn't be involved to address the situation, but you can call them and get a consultant's phone number to contact them for whatever reason.

Yeah I don't wanna be calling HO and going that route. Emails get checked and well.....
I bet its there today......(smiling)

I've had good luck with the marketplace. I did have one time when I ordered something and after a month it had not arrived. I contacted the consultant and oy she had 3 major person crises hit in a few weeks of each other starting the day after I placed the order. Once her life was back on track the product arrived as promised. I'd hate to see a couple of messed up sales prevent us from having the marketplace as I just love it.

I too have had good experiences here at the market place. Sorry to those who have not!

Okay Jill. Get it?

Yes please tell usDid you get your bag?

I have had good transactions on the Marketplace.

Debbie :D

Yep - it finally arrived the other day (answering for Jill)

YEAH!!! Glad to hear it!!!:D

Related to Dealing with an Online Purchase Gone Wrong: How to Handle a Missing Seller

1. What should I do if I ordered something from someone on here and now I can't get a hold of them?

If you are unable to reach the seller after making a purchase, the first step is to try contacting them through a different method. This could include sending an email or reaching out through social media. If you still do not receive a response, you may want to consider reaching out to the platform or website where the purchase was made for further assistance.

2. How long should I wait before taking action if I haven't received my order?

If the expected delivery date has passed and you still have not received your order, it is best to take action as soon as possible. Contact the seller and inquire about the status of your order. If the seller is unresponsive, you can reach out to the platform or website to report the issue.

3. What should I do if I received the wrong item or my order is incomplete?

If your order is incorrect or incomplete, contact the seller immediately to inform them of the issue. Provide specific details about what was missing or incorrect and request a resolution. If the seller is unresponsive, you can reach out to the platform or website for assistance.

4. Can I get a refund if my order never arrives?

If your order never arrives, you may be eligible for a refund depending on the seller's return policy. Contact the seller and inquire about their return policy and the possibility of a refund. If the seller is unresponsive, you can reach out to the platform or website for further assistance.

5. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening in the future?

To avoid similar situations in the future, it is important to thoroughly research the seller before making a purchase. Read reviews, check their ratings, and look for any red flags. Additionally, you can use secure payment methods and keep records of all transactions for added protection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Leanna
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies