• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Summer Cold: Tips to Combat Sore Throat, Cough, and Headache

In summary, a number of people are dealing with a summer cold. People report that the headache is the worst part of the cold. Some people find relief from taking over-the-counter medications, and others find relief from using prescription medications.
EpTxGuy
I woke up with a sore throat, cough, and the sniffles....anyone else dealing with a "summer" cold? I can put up with the sore throat, but the pounding headache is killing me! :grumpy:

EpTxGuy said:
I woke up with a sore throat, cough, and the sniffles....anyone else dealing with a "summer" cold? I can put up with the sore throat, but the pounding headache is killing me! :grumpy:

DS & I had it the end of August. At first, I thought it was bad allergies, but then DH came down with it too, the day we left for vacation!:eek: At least DS and I could take it easy at home when we didn't feel good. Poor DH had to set up camp, etc.... while he was miserable. It only lasted a couple days for all of us, thankfully.

My kids & I had a nasty summer cold at the end of August, too. Ugh. I still have the congestion. No fun. Take some decongestants & head to bed to sleep it off :)

Yep-see my mood. I've got it too & so does middle dd. It stinks & I wish I could just go to bed for 3 days with my tylenol cold nighttime. :indif:

I was sick from the end of May till after conference if that makes you feel better..it took 2 weeks of antibiotics for me to feel remotely human...hopefully you guys start feeing better soon!

I have had some kind of cold/sinus/allergy thing for 3 weeks! Tried Sudafed, tylenol cold, benadryl, etc. nothing has helped....except for a little Nyquil at bedtime :)I sleep like a rock when I take that stuff! LOL

For headaches I have found that regular excederin works wonders. 15 min after I take it, my headache is already starting to go away and 30 min later...it is gone completely.

I have a summer cold now! It stinks. I thought it was allergies, but I know it isn't now. I just wish my nose would stop running already. I know this is going to sound gross, but seriously how can one person's nose make that much snot??

I have it too. I have had it for a week and think it is about to get better. I cannot decide for sure though mine may be a sinus infection. I have been taking antibiotics for the past week I got from my FIL. Mine started right after I just got over the stomach virus!:grumpy:

I do still have it and can't seem to shake it. It's soooo annoying. I finally started claratin d today so we'll see if it helps any. Everything else hasn't touched it. I've been walking around with vicks vapor rub all up my nose trying to open me up. Nada

We are dealing with the summer cold in our house right now and it sucks. DH had it first, now I have it and so does my youngest DS. :(

pamperedpals said:
We are dealing with the summer cold in our house right now and it sucks. DH had it first, now I have it and so does my youngest DS. :(

And let e guess DH has it worse than anyone has ever had it before?!!!! HAHA! That's is if he is anything like my DH HA!:D

Luke has had a touch of it too and Russel had it when I have had it.

Me and DD have it too! My sister and my MIL do also. MIL's doctor told her their is a bad cough going around that is hanging on for weeks, so I hope mine isn't that!! I'm having surgery Monday and don't want to be sick going into that!!

Related to Dealing with a Summer Cold: Tips to Combat Sore Throat, Cough, and Headache

1. What are the symptoms of a summer cold?

The symptoms of a summer cold are similar to a regular cold, including a runny or stuffy nose, sore throat, cough, sneezing, headache, and mild body aches. Some people may also experience a low-grade fever.

2. How is a summer cold different from a winter cold?

The main difference between a summer cold and a winter cold is the time of year they occur. Summer colds are more common during the warmer months when people are out and about, and viruses spread more easily. Additionally, summer colds are often caused by different viruses than winter colds.

3. Can you get a summer cold from being in the sun?

No, you cannot get a summer cold from being in the sun. Colds are caused by viruses that are spread through contact with an infected person or surface. However, being in the sun can weaken your immune system and make you more susceptible to catching a cold.

4. How can I prevent getting a summer cold?

The best way to prevent getting a summer cold is to practice good hygiene, such as washing your hands regularly, avoiding close contact with sick individuals, and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces. Additionally, staying hydrated and getting enough sleep can help boost your immune system.

5. What can I do to treat a summer cold?

Unfortunately, there is no cure for a cold, but there are steps you can take to alleviate symptoms and help your body fight off the virus. These include staying hydrated, getting plenty of rest, and using over-the-counter medications for specific symptoms, such as a decongestant for a stuffy nose or a pain reliever for a headache. If your symptoms persist or worsen, it is best to consult with a healthcare professional.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
robbiesmom123
  • cwinter474
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies