• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crock Pot Pork Loin: What to Make for Dinner? Ideas Needed!

So, if you're looking for ideas for what to do with your pork roast that's been in the crockpot all day, some ideas include making pork burritos, pork loin with a cup of salsa and a cup of brown sugar, or sweet pork burritos.
PCSarahjm
I put a pork loin in the crock pot before I came to work this morning. What am I going to do with it when I get home? Give me some ideas please. I just can't think of anything so help me make dinner tonight!!!

Thanks

no ideas???

What seasonings did you use?

My favorite standby side is loaded mashed potatoes! Other than that, I'm not really creative!

Make gravy with the juices and serve with smashed potatoes or buttered and parsley noodles and corn or green beans!

Shred and add BBQ sauce to make sandwiches!

loaded Mashed potatoes sounds good:)

What about coucus-coucus and a salad? When I make the 10 minute pork tenderloin, I tend to use those items. :)

sorry what is coucus-coucus???

PCSarahjm said:
sorry what is coucus-coucus???

Need to correct my post, it's couscous, instead of coucus-coucus. Sorry for any confusion.

It's a a very very small piece of pasta. It's smaller than a grain of rice. I can get instant Couscous at Hy-Vee - it's located in the section where the instant rice is. It's popular in morocco. For the life of me, I cannot remember the brand I have used. But there are a lot of different flavors. My favorite is Garlic Parmesan.

Hope this helps. You can google it: couscous

The orignal kind is a painstaking process to make, but now they have instant available! Yum!

Hope your dinner was good. I love the loaded mashed potato idea. Yum.

I make sweet pork burritos all the time. Put your pork roast 2-3lbs in the crock pot with a cup of salsa and a cup of brown sugar. Let is cook all day then I serve it with black beans and rice and some cheese roll it up and you have a great burrito. Serve with a side of lettuce and salsa, YUMMY. I have even done it with elk roast to. But pork is the best.

Thanks for the ideas.... we went with mashed pots and gravy creamed peas... but I have enough left over to make the loaded potatoes and those burritos sound great! Thanks

Sarah -I just realized that if you're wanting to get an idea of what couscous is, it is an ingredient for one of the meals in the new 29 minute cookbook. Page 13. :)

1. What are some easy and delicious recipes for crock pot pork loin?

Some popular recipes for crock pot pork loin include honey garlic pork loin, balsamic pork loin, and BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. These recipes typically require minimal preparation and can cook in the crock pot for several hours, resulting in a tender and flavorful pork loin.

2. Can I use frozen pork loin in the crock pot?

Yes, you can use frozen pork loin in the crock pot. However, it is recommended to thaw the pork loin first for more even cooking and to avoid any food safety concerns. If using frozen pork loin, add an extra hour or two to the cooking time.

3. How long should I cook pork loin in the crock pot?

The cooking time for pork loin in the crock pot will vary based on the recipe and size of the pork loin. As a general rule, cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. It is important to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the pork loin reaches 145°F.

4. What are some good side dishes to serve with crock pot pork loin?

There are many side dishes that pair well with crock pot pork loin, such as mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, rice, or a fresh salad. You can also use the juices from the crock pot to make a delicious gravy or sauce to serve on top of the pork loin.

5. Can I cook pork loin and vegetables together in the crock pot?

Yes, you can cook pork loin and vegetables together in the crock pot. However, it is important to add the vegetables during the last few hours of cooking to prevent them from becoming too soft. Root vegetables, such as potatoes and carrots, work well with pork loin in the crock pot.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
CookingwithMary