• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Credit Card Dilemma From This Weekend...

Mastercard debit's weren't affected by this?Just check with those customers,that way you won't get everyone in a knot with worry.
finley1991
All of the MCs that I had on one show were effected by the issue this weekend. I'm hoping someone here :pray: can answer this for me... do I need to call HO about all of them or are they handling it? I guess I should call but wondered what everyone else who has been effected are experiencing...

TIA!

No one has told me that they were affected (and I'm afraid to ask). I did submit 2 shows on Saturday with credit cards and one was rejected but it wasn't because of all of that mess.

Here's something I got through a loop on how to handle this:

To All,
Have your customers check: Even if there are multiple charges they are going to see the word PENDING next to it. There will not be a post date to their account. As long as the transaction is PENDING, and they all are right now, then even if their account shows a negative balance they will NOT be charged any overdraft fees by their banks. A bank cannot charge an overdraft fee for something that is PENDING. Banks are not allowed by law to do this until their is an actual post date. PC found the error in time that the debits will remain pending until the issue is resolved and then the customer will see one charge for the correct amount WITH the corrected posting date. The other ones will just disappear. I personally have had this happen with other companies and I have several customers that this is happening to now. This is nothing new to the bank. It happens all the time and most people don't even catch it. The main thing is to stay calm and let your customers know, ONLY if they ask- there is no need to call and alarm them, that Pampered Chef is working out the issue and everything is PENDING so there will be no overdraft fees even if they have other transactions due to clear. Their bank will pay those other transactions.
Hope this info helps.

Another director posted the following on that loop:

I actually spoke to someone in Finance at HO yesterday. She told me that if there were any fees, the customer can fax their statement to HO and they will reimburse the fees to them.

Luckily, I don't think that anyone on my team was effected. Did these cards all get declined, Colleen? There seems to be much confusion about this memo but I think it would be more clear for those who had it effect their customers.

It sounds to me as if HO is taking care of it but again, it is not clear.

No... they weren't declined... just the multiple charges and all are, as of now, in the *pending* stage. I'm hoping they just go away. I have a call back coming hopefully around 10pm tonight. (Hope I'm awake!)I'm just wondering if we have to tell HO or if they are taking care of it without all of us calling...

finley1991 said:
No... they weren't declined... just the multiple charges and all are, as of now, in the *pending* stage. I'm hoping they just go away. I have a call back coming hopefully around 10pm tonight. (Hope I'm awake!)

I'm just wondering if we have to tell HO or if they are taking care of it without all of us calling...

The second person I quoted in my last post said you do.

I actually spoke to someone in Finance at HO yesterday. She told me that if there were any fees, the customer can fax their statement to HO and they will reimburse the fees to them.

How else would HO know that there were any fees if we didn't tell them?

I am with you, Beth....no one has called and I am afraid to start a panic by asking.

This will be awful for me if this happens. I booked 6 shows from the 2 I closed this weekend. I am afraid that some of these bookings will end up being irate and cancel if they are affected.

Ugh!

I believe it it is only debit cards that are affected. Do you have the hard copy of the receipt? If so, look for a CC that starts with a 4. 4 = Visa and Visa is the only one that's a debit card. You can narrow it down that way. Or go into P3 and see if the Visa symbol is selected for payment. Just check with those customers,that way you won't get everyone in a knot with worry.

So Mastercard debit's weren't affected by this?

Does mastercard have a debit card? I always heard that Visa had the monopoly on debit cards.

Okay, I stand corrected - Mastercard does now offer debit card - as of 2005.

pamperedlinda said:
Okay, I stand corrected - Mastercard does now offer debit card - as of 2005.

I've had my MC debit card since 2000 so they have been around since at least then...

For my show it's been Debit MCs and credit MCs... all of the MCs from this one particular show have been mulit-charged. Grrrrrr!

Still waiting for my call back... should be coming in 90 minutes!!!!!

pamperedlinda said:
Or go into P3 and see if the Visa symbol is selected for payment.

WOW! I never caught that before. That's pretty cool. I don't have a hard copy of any of the cards - I enter them right into the computer. When I called to settle a declined card the operator couldn't see the number either and was surprised that I don't write it down when I take the order. I thought the whole point was security and now with the new receipts we're supposed to give them the only copy with that info on it. lol

I don't keep copies of my customer's credit card numbers either. It's a little bit of a pain for my repeat customers who ask me to just use the card they usually do, but they understand when I tell them why. I know my debit card number by heart! (is that bad?)I totally forgot about the card being lit up on the payment screen too!I know it will all get resolved soon... I just wish HO would call back... I want to go to bed!!!!!

I had a problem and called yesterday. They need the Bank name and city and fax # along with the customers name and number and show number and amount that was charged.

They aren't actually charging the cards but holding the amount more that one time.

They will pay for any charges but they need the information from you so you have to get in on the call back. I called Monday at 11 and got called back at 9 then yesterday I called at 11 and call back at 2:45 (but I wasn't available) so I called at 3 and got a call back at 9

I am just hoping I just had one. It should only be debit cards because otherwise the CC would be declined and not overdrawn because the charge is not actually there just pending and will be taken away.

WHAT A MESS!!

Just got off the phone with HO... I fizzled out last night so I cancelled my call back. For me it was both credit and debit MCs that had the multiple charges. Basically it was the same thing... both were placed on Holds. So in both cases their available balance (debit) and available credit (credit cards) were off. I was assured this morning that by the end of the day today it would be all cleared up.Funny thing is, I submitted 2 shows on the same day and only one had the problem!

finley1991 said:
I know my debit card number by heart! (is that bad?)

I used to know my CC by heart, but not anymore! :approve:

I don't know my DC number. Most of the time I use cash.

Related to Credit Card Dilemma From This Weekend...

1. What happened with the credit card dilemma from this weekend?

Over the weekend, there was a technical issue with our credit card processing system which caused some customers to experience difficulties when trying to make a purchase.

2. Was my credit card information compromised during this dilemma?

No, your credit card information was not compromised during this situation. The issue was related to our system and no customer data was affected.

3. Was the issue resolved?

Yes, our technical team worked quickly to resolve the issue and our credit card processing system is now functioning properly.

4. Will I be charged multiple times if I tried to make a purchase during the dilemma?

No, any duplicate charges that may have occurred will be automatically refunded. If you notice any additional charges on your account, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. How can I prevent this from happening in the future?

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and assure you that our technical team is taking steps to prevent similar issues from occurring in the future. We appreciate your understanding and continued support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • beepampered
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • BadGirl