• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating the Degree Symbol: A Quick Guide

In summary, you can use 0149 to get the degree symbol on a Mac, and ° !° in Word on Windows. There is also a Character Map in the Accessories menu in Macs and Windows, and the character you want copied to the clipboard is 54 77 6f 20 67 65 65 6b 73 20 61 72 65 20 77 61 6c 6b 69 6e 67 20 64 6f 77 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 74 72 65 65 74 2e 20 54 68 65 20 66 69 72 73 74 20 6f 6e 65 20 73 61 79 73 2c 20 22 44 6f 20 79 6f 75 20 74 68 69 6e 6b 20 61
umno.gif

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I am disappointed...I expected to see a smilie smoking a cigar!! But this one made me laugh too!!

:eek:
baychef said:
So glad I majored in Food Service Administration!!! I had a roommate in college that I believe had to learn this "stuff" She was not a nerd or a geek...she was a young girl that felt it was ok to "binary with her boyfriend" in the same room! Not a good thing to wake up to!!!!:eek: :yuck: :yuck:

Scary, very scary!!!:yuck:

This girl was a real trip. I could go on and on...but it gets grosser. This is a college that has small rooms too! My parents live 40 miles away. I packed my things and went home for the night. She taught me how NOT to live!!

<h2>What do I click on to make the DEGREE symbol instead of typing Degree ... I know... I should know this but hopefully someone out there can tell me??? :)</h2><p>To create the degree symbol, you have a few options depending on your device and platform. On a computer, you can use the shortcut "Alt + 0176" on the numeric keypad or use the character map tool. On a Mac, you can use the shortcut "Option + Shift + 8" or use the Special Characters menu. On a mobile device, you can usually access it by long-pressing the 0 key on the keyboard or using the symbols menu.</p><h2>Can I customize the degree symbol to look different?</h2><p>Yes, you can change the font, size, and color of the degree symbol just like any other text or character. You can also use different symbols that resemble a degree symbol, such as a small circle or a superscript lowercase "o".</p><h2>Is there a way to create a degree symbol in Microsoft Word or other word processing programs?</h2><p>Yes, most word processing programs have a symbols or special characters menu that allows you to insert the degree symbol. You can also use the shortcut keys mentioned above or copy and paste the symbol from another source.</p><h2>Why do I need to use a degree symbol in the first place?</h2><p>The degree symbol is commonly used in mathematical and scientific equations, as well as to indicate temperature and angles. It is also used in academic and professional writing as the symbol for a degree in temperature or angle measurement.</p><h2>Can I use the degree symbol in social media or other online platforms?</h2><p>Yes, most online platforms and social media sites allow you to use the degree symbol just like any other character. However, the method for accessing it may vary, so you may need to refer to the platform's help menu for instructions.</p>

Related to Creating the Degree Symbol: A Quick Guide

What do I click on to make the DEGREE symbol instead of typing Degree ... I know... I should know this but hopefully someone out there can tell me??? :)

To create the degree symbol, you have a few options depending on your device and platform. On a computer, you can use the shortcut "Alt + 0176" on the numeric keypad or use the character map tool. On a Mac, you can use the shortcut "Option + Shift + 8" or use the Special Characters menu. On a mobile device, you can usually access it by long-pressing the 0 key on the keyboard or using the symbols menu.

Can I customize the degree symbol to look different?

Yes, you can change the font, size, and color of the degree symbol just like any other text or character. You can also use different symbols that resemble a degree symbol, such as a small circle or a superscript lowercase "o".

Is there a way to create a degree symbol in Microsoft Word or other word processing programs?

Yes, most word processing programs have a symbols or special characters menu that allows you to insert the degree symbol. You can also use the shortcut keys mentioned above or copy and paste the symbol from another source.

Why do I need to use a degree symbol in the first place?

The degree symbol is commonly used in mathematical and scientific equations, as well as to indicate temperature and angles. It is also used in academic and professional writing as the symbol for a degree in temperature or angle measurement.

Can I use the degree symbol in social media or other online platforms?

Yes, most online platforms and social media sites allow you to use the degree symbol just like any other character. However, the method for accessing it may vary, so you may need to refer to the platform's help menu for instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
  • pamperedcheermom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
3RingChef