• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok, This Is Not Pampered Chef Related...

International) It got me off to a great start and all of my best referrals and clients came from there! Just google BNI and I'm sure you can find a group in your area.Hi ChefBeckyD,I joined American Personal Chef Assiociation a
But I need some input. I have a culinary arts degree and started selling PC to stay home with our daughter. Now I decided, with the help of my husband to start a Personal Chef business, too. I go into families homes and prepare a weeks worth a meals and they pay me for the service. I really...really excited, because like PC I can create my hours.

I need everyone's input on the name. We have narrowed it down to two names. I don't know how to do the poll thingy, but I would love to hear what everyone thinks.

Meals in No Time

Meals in Minutes

Thanks,
Katie

I like Meals in Minutes.

Good luck!

Me too! Go for it!

Dido for the Meals in Minutes!:cool:

Another vote for Meals in Minutes!

Meals in Minutes!

Meals in Minutes - sounds the best to me.

How do you like this?
Around the Table

To me it sounds inviting....tell me what you think.
:)
Anna

I like " Around the Table" the best from all suggested names!

Good Luck!

To me "Around the Table" suggests, relaxed, eventfull family dinner time. Its promoting a valuable service. While Meals in Minutes is very tactful, it, to me sounds rushed.
Just my thoughts. I think your new business will be a HIT, and is a great idea!!
:)
Anna

I like Meals in No Time or Around the Table. I think Meals in Minutes just sound to much like the advertising for those rices and stuff in the microwave. just my thoughts though!

I like around the table too!

Katie,

I am a Personal Chef - what organization are you getting your certification with? I am with the United States Personal Chef Association.......I'm not doing it right now though - my 2 yr old keeps me busy enough along with my PC business! I'm planning on starting back up when he is old enough for school. It is a great way to stay in the food industry and still have a life - no nights or weekends!:) The BEST thing I did when starting my Personal Chef business was to join a BNI group.....(Business Networking International) It got me off to a great start and all of my best referrals and clients came from there! Just google BNI and I'm sure you can find a group in your area.
My business is called "Convenient Cuisine" My vote for the ones you have is "Around The Table".
Let me know if you have any questions about starting your business - good luck!

ChefBeckyD said:
Katie,

I am a Personal Chef - what organization are you getting your certification with? I am with the United States Personal Chef Association.......I'm not doing it right now though - my 2 yr old keeps me busy enough along with my PC business! I'm planning on starting back up when he is old enough for school. It is a great way to stay in the food industry and still have a life - no nights or weekends!:) The BEST thing I did when starting my Personal Chef business was to join a BNI group.....(Business Networking International) It got me off to a great start and all of my best referrals and clients came from there! Just google BNI and I'm sure you can find a group in your area.
My business is called "Convenient Cuisine" My vote for the ones you have is "Around The Table".
Let me know if you have any questions about starting your business - good luck!

Hi ChefBeckyD,

I joined American Personal Chef Assiocation a few weeks ago and now I'm going through all the info. It's fun and exciting and oh so overwhelming at times. I can't wait to cook and to use my PC products more often. But I have to get all my ducks in a row first. I'll have to look into that group later this evening after the little one is down for the night. Does it cost anything to join BNI?

How long have you been a part of USPCA? I looked into that one too. I was pretty impressed with them, but they were the most costly of the 3 I looked into. I would love to email you and talk about the personal chef business.

Everyone thank you for the input this far! I like the idea of "Around the Table", but what do you think if that was some how added as my tagline. I think it would have to be changed a little to go with it, but I love the concept.

OK, this may be corny, but what about a combo such as "Around the Table in No Time!"

Katie,
I started about 6 yrs ago - at that time the only organization that had any track record was the USPCA - and I've had really good training and support from them (plus tons of great recipes!) and I love their computer program for menu planning and shopping etc.....(MenuMagic). The APCA was quite new at the time, and didn't have the same level of training or certification, or tech support - I'm sure by now though that they are much more competitive!
BNI does have a cost - but I think it may vary depending on the place where it meets (rental costs etc....) The amount I payed for it was well worth it though - every referral you get is pretty much a hot referral - no cold calls or anything - once you join a group, no one else in your profession can - so you get personal referrals from 30-40 other people on a weekly basis. I have actually toyed with the idea of joining again for my Pampered Chef business - but would have to find an early morning sitter for my son to do it - so haven't pursued it. I am completely sold on the idea of BNI for anyone who is trying to run their own business - and the cost for me was cheaper than running a 2x2 ad in our paper for 2 weeks!
Most of my clients were people who had dietary restrictions, but still wanted food to taste good (Diabetic,Cancer, Heart Disease, High Blood pressure etc....) but I did have a couple of just busy families that didn't want to eat out every night - they were fun! I have some recipes posted in the recipe tips section under the thread "Do you Have to Use PC recipes" that were some of my most popular "family" recipes - I'll have to find the one for Pizza Turnovers (made with puff pastry) and post it for you - that was the ALL TIME favorite of some young boys whos family I cooked for - I had to make it for them every time I cooked!
The other thing - for me, I didn't have any clients that I cooked for on a bi-weekly basis - most of my clients were once a month, every 6 weeks or every 2 months. I cooked 3 times a week and that gave me a full time income. Okay - that's probably enough info for now - I'm so excited for you! Until I had my baby - that was my dream job - and I totally see myself getting right back into it when he's a little older! My passion has always been food and cooking - and that was a way to do it and still have a life! (as anyone who works in the restaurant/catering business knows - its long hours and nights and weekends & holidays!)

Oh - I told you the name of my business is "Convenient Cuisine" - and my tagline is "Eating Well Without the Work".

Hello! I am thinking about this:

Around the Table
"Dinner....consider it done"
"Let me - cook for you"
"Cuisines by Katie"

I like the green colors, its inviting and promotes a healtly feeling. Also, with a business name starting with the beginning of the alphabet, if they are looking in the phone book, you have a great chance at being noticed first.

Just curious, since you also have your PC biz do you use TPC recipes when you make your meals for families? Do you try and sell them products at all?

I actually thought about the idea of a catoring biz while doing PC but that was just a total brainstormer idea.

Now THAT sounds good!

ChefBeckyD said:
Katie,
I started about 6 yrs ago - at that time the only organization that had any track record was the USPCA - and I've had really good training and support from them (plus tons of great recipes!) and I love their computer program for menu planning and shopping etc.....(MenuMagic). The APCA was quite new at the time, and didn't have the same level of training or certification, or tech support - I'm sure by now though that they are much more competitive!
BNI does have a cost - but I think it may vary depending on the place where it meets (rental costs etc....) The amount I payed for it was well worth it though - every referral you get is pretty much a hot referral - no cold calls or anything - once you join a group, no one else in your profession can - so you get personal referrals from 30-40 other people on a weekly basis. I have actually toyed with the idea of joining again for my Pampered Chef business - but would have to find an early morning sitter for my son to do it - so haven't pursued it. I am completely sold on the idea of BNI for anyone who is trying to run their own business - and the cost for me was cheaper than running a 2x2 ad in our paper for 2 weeks!
Most of my clients were people who had dietary restrictions, but still wanted food to taste good (Diabetic,Cancer, Heart Disease, High Blood pressure etc....) but I did have a couple of just busy families that didn't want to eat out every night - they were fun! I have some recipes posted in the recipe tips section under the thread "Do you Have to Use PC recipes" that were some of my most popular "family" recipes - I'll have to find the one for Pizza Turnovers (made with puff pastry) and post it for you - that was the ALL TIME favorite of some young boys whos family I cooked for - I had to make it for them every time I cooked!
The other thing - for me, I didn't have any clients that I cooked for on a bi-weekly basis - most of my clients were once a month, every 6 weeks or every 2 months. I cooked 3 times a week and that gave me a full time income. Okay - that's probably enough info for now - I'm so excited for you! Until I had my baby - that was my dream job - and I totally see myself getting right back into it when he's a little older! My passion has always been food and cooking - and that was a way to do it and still have a life! (as anyone who works in the restaurant/catering business knows - its long hours and nights and weekends & holidays!)

Thanks for the information, Becky! I started looking into the BNI website and it does look promising and it also looks like they have meeting chapter in my city.

Do you have any tips on freezing foods and the containers or bags you used to store the food?

Believe me I know about the restaurant business! My last cooking job was at a country club and I worked the long hours, weekends, and holidays. Well, you know the drill. Realizing that and wanting to eventually get married and have kids, drove me out of the business completely for 5 years. I always missed it and always thought that in order for me to get back to the culinary field, I would have to work in some sort of restauant atmosphere. This spring my sister mentioned being a Personal Chef and I thought that was something only celebrities did and could afford. Then I Googled it on the internet and that's when I started pursuing info. A month ago is when I really realized I could do it. Other people that are Personal Chef used to be in a totally different career. I thought to myself, I have a degree and if others never went to school for this, then I could do it!

heat123 said:
Just curious, since you also have your PC biz do you use TPC recipes when you make your meals for families? Do you try and sell them products at all?

I actually thought about the idea of a catoring biz while doing PC but that was just a total brainstormer idea.

Well, I haven't officially started the cooking aspect of my Personal Chef business. I just got the info over a week ago and there is a lot to organize, like getting liability insurance, thinking of a name, taking a Food Safetly test and other things.

I definitely plan on using all my PC products when I do cook for a client. PC is the only way to go in the kitchen.!!!! I'm trying to think of a way to mix this new business with PC. I think when I meet them for the first time to do their assessment, I will give them info my the Personal Chef Service and a PC mini catalog. I haven't decided on the food options for my clients, but I'm sure I can find some PC favorites.

If you are thinking of doing a catering business, I would highly suggest looking into American Personal Chef Association (APCA), United States Personal Chef Assiocation or Personal Chefs Network, Inc. Those were the 3 I was actively pursuing. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the information, Becky! I started looking into the BNI website and it does look promising and it also looks like they have meeting chapter in my city.

Do you have any tips on freezing foods and the containers or bags you used to store the food?

Will you get any training from APCA on cooking and freezing food? That was one of the best things with USPCA - they had training on how to cook the food so that you could freeze and reheat it and have it taste fresh....I would think APCA would have some training for that too - one tip is to roast the vegetables - they taste better frozen and reheated if they have been roasted and not steamed. (and NEVER freeze potatoes unless they have added fat with them - they get mealy and taste like a Banquet frozen dinner!)

I mostly used the Deli Containers - round plastic with lids, and also for most Entrees I used the Deli Packaging that looks like cardboard - but is heat safe up to 450 degrees. For a few of my regular customers - I bought Pyrex with lids (they payed) and then re-used it everytime I cooked. I could buy these supplies direct from USPCA - but found them all much cheaper at a local Restauarant Supply Store.

I started my Pampered Chef business a couple of years after my PC business, so actually - some of my first hosts were Cooking Clients! Some of them are still good customers & hosts. I never really used Pam. Chef recipes for my cooking business - because I used recipes that were specially formulated to freeze and reheat (can't do that well with crescent roll dough)! But I did use alot of my PC tools for cooking - in fact - my tool-turnaround went with me to every job - along with my USG!

I like Meals in Minutes! But I also like Around the Table, too!

I like Around the Table in No time the best. Good luck Katie!!!!

I'm still trying to decide what to name my business. Things have been popping into my head and I have to write it down before I forget. Nothing is making me feel like that is the one. You know when you try on the wedding dress and you just know this is the dress for me...I'm waiting for that moment.

You'll have it sooner or later!

I think I may have it!What does everyone think of this, " Dinner cooked for you...just add memories?"

It is a little cheesy I think. Most slogans that are already established are pretty cheesy though! Maybe just add family?

"I make the meals. You make the memories!"

britishchef said:
"I make the meals. You make the memories!"

That's a good one too! I'm going have to think it over this week.

I like that one too! Also, I want to apoligize for my last post! It sounded really mean when I read it back later and I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I apparently was just typing whatever was flying through my head and it came out really harshly! I really like britishchef's suggestion though!

ChefBeckyD said:
Will you get any training from APCA on cooking and freezing food? That was one of the best things with USPCA - they had training on how to cook the food so that you could freeze and reheat it and have it taste fresh....I would think APCA would have some training for that too - one tip is to roast the vegetables - they taste better frozen and reheated if they have been roasted and not steamed. (and NEVER freeze potatoes unless they have added fat with them - they get mealy and taste like a Banquet frozen dinner!)

I mostly used the Deli Containers - round plastic with lids, and also for most Entrees I used the Deli Packaging that looks like cardboard - but is heat safe up to 450 degrees. For a few of my regular customers - I bought Pyrex with lids (they payed) and then re-used it everytime I cooked. I could buy these supplies direct from USPCA - but found them all much cheaper at a local Restauarant Supply Store.

I started my Pampered Chef business a couple of years after my PC business, so actually - some of my first hosts were Cooking Clients! Some of them are still good customers & hosts. I never really used Pam. Chef recipes for my cooking business - because I used recipes that were specially formulated to freeze and reheat (can't do that well with crescent roll dough)! But I did use alot of my PC tools for cooking - in fact - my tool-turnaround went with me to every job - along with my USG!

Yes, APCA has all that training too. I was just curious what you did with your clients. It seems everyone has their style, just like with PC.

I look forward to using my PC products durning cook dates. When money gets better I want to get the 5 and 7 piece Executive sets. Since I will still be pursuing PC with my Personal Chef business, I'm hoping that some people may be interested enough to place orders or have a show.

Thank you for the information! I really appreciate it!

Hi Everyone,

Yet again I have changed my tune about the business name. Meals in Minutes and Meals in No Time, sounded to rushed and that isn't what I want to promote.

Here are two more, let me know what you think.

1. Custom Meals...I create the food, you create the memories.

Custom has two meanings. A custom meal implies: made the way you want it. It's also a synonym for tradition-something passed down from generation to generation.[/

2. Dinner Thyme...I create the food, you create the memories.

I like Dinner Thyme...I create the MEALS, you crate the memories. Dinner thyme sounds a lot warmer than custom meals which sounds kinds generic to me. I am excited to see the final decision! Good luck!

Gillian: You are a closet mean person! Just kidding!!! :D

I like Dinner Thyme. And "meals" is DEFINITELY better than "food"!

AJPratt said:
Gillian: You are a closet mean person! Just kidding!!! :D
That's me! Sometimes what I try to say doesn't come out so nicely. Damn the no-tone of posting! My voice makes it not mean, but reading it sounds so bit**y!

You're a crack up!

MEALS in MINS over here!!!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kmz4480
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Lauryn
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views