• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Sweet Treats with Sprinkles - Recipes & Ideas

In summary, the author suggests using the sprinkles in different recipes. The daughters (ages 6 and 4) and one year old like the cinnamon sprinkles in pancakes. The author uses the sprinkles at home in various recipes.
stephygurl
I just received my sprinkles and I wanted to try different recipes using them. Any suggestions?

I too would love some... have both flavors and have never used them. Bought them last fall!

My daughters (ages 6 and 4) LOVE the cinnamon sprinkles in pancakes. I add about a tablespoon and a half to some pancake mix and they devour them. My one year old likes them too but doesn't get them as often as the girls. They request them almost every morning for breakfast.

Wow! I go through them so quickly!I use them at shows to make cinnamon or caramel Biscuit Bites. Melt 4 tbls. of butter in 10" skillet, sprinkle in about 2 Tbls of Brown Sugar, and 2-3 Tbls of sprinkles. Open a can of Grands Biscuits (8 count) and quarter them. Place them in the skillet and toss with butter/sprinkle mixture until coated. Bake @ 375 for 16-18 minutes.I use them at home in:pancakes,
Yogurt,
over Ice Cream,
in Banana Bread, Pumpkin Bread, Apple Bread....etc...(muffins too!),
Oatmeal,
Cream of Wheat,
Cream of Rice,
Add them to streusel over the top of Apple Crisp
In Apple Pie
Make Baked Apples with them - add equal parts butter, brown sugar and sprinkles, core the apples, stuff with butter/sprinkles & bake! YUMMY!Oh - and of course in cinnamon rolls!eta: Since Oct. - I have sold 71 bottles of Caramel Sprinkles & 55 bottles of Cinnamon. Every time I do the biscuit bites, I sell several bottles!

Last edited:
Yummy - I am getting hungry again - might go make some now!!

There was a cheese spread recipe in our PC Newswire email today.

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! I go through them so quickly!

I use them at shows to make cinnamon or caramel Biscuit Bites. Melt 4 tbls. of butter in 10" skillet, sprinkle in about 2 Tbls of Brown Sugar, and 2-3 Tbls of sprinkles. Open a can of Grands Biscuits (8 count) and quarter them. Place them in the skillet and toss with butter/sprinkle mixture until coated. Bake @ 375 for 16-18 minutes.

I use them at home in:

Pancakes,
Yogurt,
over Ice Cream,
Oatmeal,
Cream of Wheat,
Cream of Rice,
In Apple Pie
Make Baked Apples with them - add equal parts butter, brown sugar and sprinkles, core the apples, stuff with butter/sprinkles & bake! YUMMY!

Oh - and of course in cinnamon rolls!

eta: Since Oct. - I have sold 71 bottles of Caramel Sprinkles & 55 bottles of Cinnamon. Every time I do the biscuit bites, I sell several bottles!

wow! that sounds all so yummy! i actually almost put them in our sweet potato pancakes today!

paroese said:
My daughters (ages 6 and 4) LOVE the cinnamon sprinkles in pancakes. I add about a tablespoon and a half to some pancake mix and they devour them. My one year old likes them too but doesn't get them as often as the girls. They request them almost every morning for breakfast.

i just made sweet potato pancakes and i almost put them in but i used regular cinnamon instead :)

:angel: simple quick recipe for the sprinkles
2 rolls of crscent rolls, 2 8 oz pkg cream cheese, use lowfat, light or reg. 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp PC vanilla. Unroll 1 pkg of crescent rolls in bottom of 9x13 baker, pinch seams together. Whisk soft cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanillia together until smooth. Spread over the crascent rolls. Unroll 2nd pkg of rolls, roll out, pinch seams together, top cream cheese.
Top with either sprinkle, bake at 375 until done. YUM YUM. I have made these at shows, using PC itmes of course.:sing: They are called Sopaillia dessert. I usually use cinnamon, but either one works.:D

chefdiana2007 said:
:angel: simple quick recipe for the sprinkles
2 rolls of crscent rolls, 2 8 oz pkg cream cheese, use lowfat, light or reg. 1/2 cup powdered sugar, 1 tsp PC vanilla. Unroll 1 pkg of crescent rolls in bottom of 9x13 baker, pinch seams together. Whisk soft cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanillia together until smooth. Spread over the crascent rolls. Unroll 2nd pkg of rolls, roll out, pinch seams together, top cream cheese.
Top with either sprinkle, bake at 375 until done. YUM YUM. I have made these at shows, using PC itmes of course.:sing: They are called Sopaillia dessert. I usually use cinnamon, but either one works.:D

Ohhhh, this sounds so so good! Can't wait to make it for my next brunch show!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow! I go through them so quickly!

I use them at shows to make cinnamon or caramel Biscuit Bites. Melt 4 tbls. of butter in 10" skillet, sprinkle in about 2 Tbls of Brown Sugar, and 2-3 Tbls of sprinkles. Open a can of Grands Biscuits (8 count) and quarter them. Place them in the skillet and toss with butter/sprinkle mixture until coated. Bake @ 375 for 16-18 minutes.

I use them at home in:

Pancakes,
Yogurt,
over Ice Cream,
Oatmeal,
Cream of Wheat,
Cream of Rice,
In Apple Pie
Make Baked Apples with them - add equal parts butter, brown sugar and sprinkles, core the apples, stuff with butter/sprinkles & bake! YUMMY!

Oh - and of course in cinnamon rolls!

eta: Since Oct. - I have sold 71 bottles of Caramel Sprinkles & 55 bottles of Cinnamon. Every time I do the biscuit bites, I sell several bottles!

I make Cinnamon bites at every show, and sell so much of the sprinkles it's ridiculous! I also dress them up by making some frosting with a cup of powdered sugar, a few teaspoons of milk, and a 1/2 tsp or so of our vanilla. Then I use the zester/scorer to add some orange zest on it, and then they are all fancy and gourmet. Everyone LOVES them! Serve these puppies on a Simple Additions medium square and you've got quite the set of products going! I usually sell mini-whippers (used to make the frosting), zester/scorers , and our vanilla along with the spices when I prepare the bites that way. Now if only I'd sell some of the 8" sauté pans too!

leftymac said:
I make Cinnamon bites at every show, and sell so much of the sprinkles it's ridiculous! I also dress them up by making some frosting with a cup of powdered sugar, a few teaspoons of milk, and a 1/2 tsp or so of our vanilla. Then I use the zester/scorer to add some orange zest on it, and then they are all fancy and gourmet. Everyone LOVES them! Serve these puppies on a Simple Additions medium square and you've got quite the set of products going! I usually sell mini-whippers (used to make the frosting), zester/scorers , and our vanilla along with the spices when I prepare the bites that way. Now if only I'd sell some of the 8" sauté pans too!

Great idea to make the frosting! I'll have to try that!

I use the 10" saute pan for mine - and pass around the 8". I seem to sell them that way, and now that the 10" is open stock, I've been getting bookings for that at 1/2 price.

I serve them on the Dots Plate, with the small bamboo tongs for serving.

I add them to all desserts I make.

The Warm Nutty Brownie is even more sinly with the sprinkles and the Strawberry Trifle that is in the current book is SOOOOO better with sprinkles added to each layer.

The Sweet Cinnamon Sprinkles make the best cinnamon toast of all time.I also add either one to most any dessert. Crumbles, buckles, and the like are great with a sprinkle of whichever one compliments the flavor best.

Related to Creating Sweet Treats with Sprinkles - Recipes & Ideas

1. How can I incorporate sprinkles into my dessert recipes?

There are many ways to use sprinkles in your dessert recipes! You can mix them into the batter or dough before baking, sprinkle them on top of frosting or glaze, or use them to decorate the edges of your treats. You can also add them as a topping to ice cream, yogurt, or other sweet treats.

2. What types of sprinkles should I use for baking?

For best results in baking, we recommend using nonpareil sprinkles or jimmies. These types of sprinkles are small and won't weigh down your baked goods. You can also use larger sprinkles like confetti or shapes for decorating on top of frosting or glaze.

3. Can I substitute sprinkles with other types of decorations?

Yes, you can! If you don't have sprinkles on hand, you can use other types of decorations like colored sugar, edible glitter, or even crushed candy. Just keep in mind that different types of decorations may have different textures and flavors, so it may alter the taste and appearance of your dessert.

4. Are there any tips for storing desserts with sprinkles?

To keep your desserts with sprinkles looking fresh and colorful, store them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly with plastic wrap. This will prevent the sprinkles from getting stale or absorbing moisture from the air. If your dessert has frosting or glaze, make sure it is completely dry before storing to prevent the sprinkles from smudging.

5. Can I use sprinkles in savory dishes?

While sprinkles are most commonly used in sweet treats, they can also add a fun and colorful touch to savory dishes like salads, roasted vegetables, or even as a garnish for soups. Just make sure to use them sparingly and choose sprinkles with neutral or complementary flavors to the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lifeat50
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • hoosiergrad802
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies