• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Creating Delicious Dishes from Your Pantry Items

In summary, there are many tasty dishes you can make with just pantry items, such as pasta with canned tomatoes and spices, beans and rice, or stir-fry with canned vegetables and rice. Some essential pantry items to have for easy meal prep include canned vegetables and beans, rice, pasta, canned tomatoes, spices, and broth or bouillon. To add more flavor to pantry meals, experiment with different spices, herbs, citrus, or canned sauces and condiments. It is possible to make healthy pantry meals by choosing whole grain options, canned or frozen vegetables, and lean protein sources. To ensure budget-friendly pantry meals, stick to basic ingredients, look for sales, and make larger batches to freeze for future meals.
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
I would love to start a recipe by pantry item. I am a scratch cook and have a hard time coming up for uses for our pre-mixed pantry items. Please share what you have used different spices, rubs and sauces for.

Tonight I made baked pork chops in the oven and put the Spicey Pineapple Rum Sauce on half of them and the other half I put the new Raspberry Habanero Sauce on and they were awesome! The other night I made baked hot wings and used a cup of the new Chili Pepper Sauce in the recipe and it was wonderful! My kids loved them!

Here is what I did...

Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil and lightly grease with a few sprays of oil from the Kitchen Spritzer. Place 3/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp salt in a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix. Add 20 chicken wings and toss until well coated with flour mixture. Place the wings onto the prepared sheet pan, and place into the refrigerator for at least 1 hours.

Preheat oven to 400.

Whisk together 1/2 cup melted butter and 1 cup (room temperature) Chili Sauce in Small Batter Bowl. Dip the wings into the butter mixture and place back on the baking sheet. Bake for about 45 minutes turning wings over halfway through cooking in order to cook evenly.

Fabulous!!

1. How can I make tasty meals using only pantry items?

There are plenty of delicious dishes you can create using just pantry items. Some ideas include pasta with canned tomatoes and spices, beans and rice, or a stir-fry with canned vegetables and rice. Get creative with what you have on hand!

2. What are some essential pantry items to have for easy meal prep?

Some staple pantry items to have on hand for easy meal prep include canned vegetables and beans, rice, pasta, canned tomatoes, spices, and broth or bouillon. These ingredients can be used in a variety of dishes and are versatile enough to mix and match for different flavors.

3. How can I add more flavor to pantry meals?

There are many ways to add flavor to pantry meals. Experiment with different spices and herbs, use citrus juice or zest, or add in some canned sauces or condiments like salsa or soy sauce. Don't be afraid to get creative and try new combinations!

4. Can I make healthy meals with just pantry items?

Absolutely! You can make healthy meals with pantry items by choosing whole grain options like whole wheat pasta and brown rice, using canned or frozen vegetables, and incorporating lean protein sources like canned beans or canned tuna. Don't forget to add in plenty of herbs and spices for flavor!

5. How can I make sure my pantry meals are budget-friendly?

Pantry meals are a great way to save money on groceries. To make sure your meals are budget-friendly, try to stick to basic ingredients and avoid processed or specialty items. Look for sales and stock up on pantry staples when they are on sale. You can also make larger batches of meals and freeze leftovers for future meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DessertDivaFL
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • ChefPeg
  • General Chat
Replies