• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pantry-Friendly Recipes: Save Money and Time with Common Pantry Ingredients

In summary, many people don't have a solid list of pantry staples and recipes to base their cooking off of.
susanr613
Gold Member
I hope this is not a tiresome repeat....has anyone done research into how many/which of our recipes use items commonly in the pantry, such as rice, beans, pasta, tomato sauce etc?

I hate having to go to the grocery store (gas $) and buy ingredients when I'm only going to use a cup of this or a few pieces of that (wasting $).

I would like to be able to pitch the pantry-friendly recipes along with the $2/serving ones and I don't want to reinvent the wheel if someone has alread done this.

Anyone? Anyone?

Haven't heard of that angle - good idea!

This is a good idea Susan but I don't have the answer for you. HO should maybe focus on this, it's all about making it easier to plan out and to make wonderful food with our products. Having easy ingredients that are always on hand helps!!

i wrote to my friend who is a trainer in HO....maybe they have already done something on this.

i thought i'd check here first as we cheffers are usually very creative about things like this

Susan
you are one clever woman! pls let us know if & when you hear back from your HO buddy!

In various food magazines I have seen lists for a well stocked pantry....I'll have to see if I can come up with one. I think you would first have to start with a list of pantry staples, and then make a list of recipes based on that.

What I am finding is that many people - especially younger people, and those who are cooking at home more for the first time - don't really even know what to keep in their pantry as staples!

oh i agree....perhaps those interested can work on ths together - post a pantry list, then comb thru our cookbooks/theme shows/season's best to assemble a list.

If you're interested let me know!

I see the pantry list all the time but never thought to put it in here. I can work on this too.

1. How can I make pantry-friendly recipes without sacrificing flavor?

Pantry-friendly recipes can still be packed with flavor by using herbs, spices, and condiments that can add depth and complexity to your meals. You can also experiment with different cooking techniques, such as roasting or sautéing, to enhance the flavors of your ingredients.

2. Can pantry-friendly recipes be healthy?

Absolutely! Pantry-friendly recipes can be just as healthy as any other meal. Opt for whole grains, lean proteins, and plenty of fruits and vegetables to create a well-rounded and nutritious meal.

3. How can I adapt pantry-friendly recipes to accommodate dietary restrictions?

There are many ways to adapt pantry-friendly recipes to accommodate dietary restrictions. You can substitute ingredients for allergen-free options, use alternative cooking methods, or simply omit ingredients that you can't eat. Additionally, there are many online resources and cookbooks that offer pantry-friendly recipes specifically tailored to different dietary needs.

4. Do pantry-friendly recipes require special equipment or ingredients?

No, pantry-friendly recipes are designed to be made with ingredients and equipment that are commonly found in most kitchens. However, if you come across a recipe that requires a specific tool or ingredient you don't have, there are usually easy substitutions that can be made or you can simply skip that recipe and try another one.

5. Can pantry-friendly recipes be made in bulk for meal prep?

Yes, pantry-friendly recipes can be easily scaled up for meal prep. You can cook a large batch of a recipe and portion it out for future meals throughout the week. This can save time and money, and ensure that you always have a delicious and nutritious meal ready to go.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nldavis321
  • janetupnorth