• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Create the Ultimate Bridal Wish List with this Fun Wedding Shower Idea!

In summary, this woman's Wedding Shower was a success. She had plenty of sales from people taking her wish list and ordering items. She also provided a gift to the bride, helped setup and take down the event, and collected recipes.
raebates
Staff member
I love Wedding Showers. They're always a lot of fun. I just got home from my latest. We'll close on Friday, but she has just over $1,600 so far in sales! Woo hoo! :D

She did something with her wish list that I'm going to start suggesting to all my brides. She wrote each item she wanted on a sticky note in nice, neat handwriting. She included the page number, item number, and price. She then arranged all of the sticky notes neatly on posterboard with the words "Bride's Wish List" at the top. People could look over the list and take the sticky note for the items they were planning to purchase for the bride. It was wonderful! Everyone liked it because it was easy to pick something out, and once they picked something they didn't have to worry about someone else purchasing it before they got their receipt filled out.

It was such a great idea I just had to share it.

WOW!! That truly is a great idea. They can take it and then they are done! Amazing! Def. gonna have to implement this! Thanks! :D

HOW DO YOU GET WEDDING SHOWERS!? They really sound like a ball and I want to do them but nobody ever is interested when I bring it up! Please tell me! I'm planning on forcing my sister to have one but my family doesn't LOVE that I do Pampered Chef, so I don't know if it will go over like a ton of lead bricks...

It took me quite a while to get my first wedding shower. I mention it at every show. I also tell anyone (and I do mean ANYONE) about it when I they say that someone they know is getting married.I think it's like so many other things. People just don't think about it unless they're told about it. Once someone in a group has one, others follow. Just keep spreading the word!

Do you do a cooking show? I have done some bridal expos but never had them request me to do a bridal shower.

raebates said:
I love Wedding Showers. They're always a lot of fun. I just got home from my latest. We'll close on Friday, but she has just over $1,600 so far in sales! Woo hoo! :D

She did something with her wish list that I'm going to start suggesting to all my brides. She wrote each item she wanted on a sticky note in nice, neat handwriting. She included the page number, item number, and price. She then arranged all of the sticky notes neatly on posterboard with the words "Bride's Wish List" at the top. People could look over the list and take the sticky note for the items they were planning to purchase for the bride. It was wonderful! Everyone liked it because it was easy to pick something out, and once they picked something they didn't have to worry about someone else purchasing it before they got their receipt filled out.

It was such a great idea I just had to share it.

AWESOME sales:D This method does work well...I do something similiar. I cut out pics of the products & glue them onto hearts; then tack them onto a bulletin board type thing. I have the item # and price on the back; then the guests take it off the board when they're ordering.

letscook: yes, typically you do a demo at a bridal show. I think all consultants do bridals differently; I just work with the bride & host. If they want to pay traditional bridal shower games, we usually do that first. Then I go into my demo (which is usually fairly short), we draw prizes, eat, & order. And the guests pick items off the bride's wish list for her & they can also order for themselves to increase sales:) The bride gets the host benefits also based on the sales. Lots of fun!

letscook04 said:
Do you do a cooking show? I have done some bridal expos but never had them request me to do a bridal shower.
Well, yes and no. I do it like my regular cooking shows with a few exceptions. I put out a Woven Selections piece to collect recipes (blank recipe cards are attached to the invitations). I also provide one of the Pampered Bride aprons--my gift to the bride. I bring along pens in the bride's wedding colors for each guest to sign the apron. When the guests order I have them put a "B" beside anything they're purchasing for the bride. (I also add a Season's Best with my contact information inside to the collected recipes.)No, because I don't actually cook anything at most of my "cooking shows." I bring a Pampered Chef recipe already made. This lets everyone eat and socialize first. I find it helps me to keep the guests' attention. For my "demo" I take the guests on a walk through the catalog. It's working really well, and makes the show go quickly. The comments I've gotten have been almost entirely positive. After about six months of doing it this way I've only had tow guests say they would rather have a cooking demo, and even they said they enjoyed the show.Of course, I discuss this with the host during my first call. If she (or he) would really prefer an actual cooking demo I'm glad to do that. It's her show, after all.By the way, one great selling point for PC Wedding Showers--less for the host to do! I have had several shower hosts (not the bride, but the actual woman doing all the work) tell me she LOVED the PC shower because I did all of the entertaining. Most of my hosts choose to do only 1 game if they do any at all.

Last edited:
I am sorry to keep asking questions but do you enter in PP the brides order separate from the guests order or combine it as one show? Thanks! :confused:

letscook04 said:
I am sorry to keep asking questions but do you enter in PP the brides order separate from the guests order or combine it as one show? Thanks! :confused:
The bride is the co-host for the Wedding Shower. You enter all her benefits from the show just as you would any other co-host.

No, I don't enter the bride's things separately.

I have each guest mark a "B" beside what they're ordering for the bride. I enter all of the orders just like a regular show. With my thank you note I include a reminder to check the receipts to see which products they can keep and which ones they need to deliver.

And, never be sorry for asking questions. That's how we learn.

Thanks so much for all your info!!:)
It really helped me to understand more on Bridal cooking shows!!

Colleen:)

I love these ideas! I have a bridal shower for myself coming up and I have one for a co-worker in January!! I am definitely going to try out these great ideas!

http://www.homemadesimple.com/en_US/dawnsaveswildlife/joinFlockLanding.do?flockID=7876232784220
Join My Flock!

showing the registryPlease understand that I didn't do showers for a full 2 years after I became a consultant, and had 60 "regular" shows under my belt, and had some additional products to display/demonstrate.

I do a similar thing with the registry, but make a 3x5 card with a picture of item, number and cost...another consultant from here did these, not too hard to update. Then each card gets taped to a bamboo skewer, and the skewers go in a piece of foam, covered with toille and stuck in a basket with some silk flowers & ribbon, very "shower", very nice...got them all at a thrift storefor less than $10! including a shimmery fabric remnant that was the bride's colors! I pass the basket during the shower.

Since so many of the items are very reasonable, some people take 2,3,4 cards from the "boquet".

Attachments are the photo pages I cut and paste onto 3x5 cards. do a Search on here and you'll find the others, or email me and I'll post them if you can't find them.

When guests are closing out their order, they give me cards of items they want to buy for the couple, I add their items to their other order, then they take the cards and put them in white lunchbags which they decorate for the couple. Couple opens lunchbags, everyone ooo's and ahhh's over the presents, while I'm cleaning up dishes.

Another cool thing - look around on here is the "then & now" tips for a bride...in the 1950's (greet your husband at the door with a cool appertif and his slippers he has had a long day....) and now (greet your husband at the door with a kid in each arm and tell him it's his turn, while you go grab a glass of wine and a Danielle Steel novel for half an hour)

I definitely do 2-3 quick food demos (have the bride or groom --whoever DOESN't COOK make biscuit appetizer in try-me pan/ then I do stoneware cake, sometimes a salad or sandwich ring). My shower sales have been over 800 both times I've done them. I have another on Jan 6th! A ~referral~ call from a PC guest I met at a show in December:)

Good luck; Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!!

Attachments

• added items.doc
    133 KB · Views: 375
  • bakeware.doc
    127.5 KB · Views: 312
  • bakeware classics 1.doc
    129.5 KB · Views: 287
  • bakeware classics 2 stones.doc
    108 KB · Views: 277
  • chilzanne, quick stir.doc
    167 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
I love doing Bridal Showers...and both of mine have been around $700.00 in sales.

I use the 3x5 casrds that Scot mentions. I had them laminated and they look very professional.

I use an order form that allows guests to buy for the Bride/Groom for shower, for the wedding and something for themselves ( I believe I found the fpormn on this site).

I also copy off cards to plasce the 3x5 cards in for the Bride/Groom tp open - just like a present. This way the guest can leave an personal note fo rthe couple....I have attached it as well.

I have had success with the letters I send to the host and bride as well, outlining what needs to happen in order for us to have a successful shower.

The 50's game is pretty funny...

I do similar recipes as Scot does - simple but fun....

I like to have the Bride/Groom help with the recipe or demo a product they have their eye on....

Good Luck with your upcoming shower Scot...

Last edited:
lacychef said:
AWESOME sales:D This method does work well...I do something similiar. I cut out pics of the products & glue them onto hearts; then tack them onto a bulletin board type thing. I have the item # and price on the back; then the guests take it off the board when they're ordering.

And the guests pick items off the bride's wish list for her & they can also order for themselves to increase sales:) The bride gets the host benefits also based on the sales. Lots of fun!

I do the same with the products on heart doilies that I special ordered. But then I use my "gift TREE" (ficus tree) I bought at MIcheals and hang them like ornaments for display. My 1st and only was my best freinds shower and I made 4 recipes ahead of time and I was the actual host so I sent out invites, paid for the food except the sister bought the cake and decorations and paper goods. Everyone loved it! Although it was a small turn out and only a $450 show but it was fun!

I have completed several showers and have a couple on my schedule for 2007 already! I really enjoy them and they usually are $600 plus in sales!

I have the bride/groom give me their wish list (I use the form that you rip off the sales slips that you get from HO and have them highlight what they want! It makes it easier for them to reference while looking at the catalog) Then I set up their list on my website. I then send them and the host an e-mail off my site to let them know when it gets set up. I encouge the host to e-mail everyone on their guest list too. This allows them to see the list prior to the shower and to also see a catalog for themselves too. I encouge the host to let them know if they will NOT be able to attend to call the host with their orders. This increases the sales at the shower and gets the bride/groom more free products.

When I do the shower, I set up a table with lots of the higher priced items and some lower priced items up for the guests to look at. At each item I set a business card that has the item number, Item name, price and a couple of lines to write a personal note to the bride/groom. I then have a spot for them to sign their name. I give these to the bride so she can have them for her keepsake and also to send t/y notes too! If I don't have an item to display, I still place the card on the table. This will help to avoid any duplicates and I have some blank cards for the bride to have during the demo, just in case she see something else she just has to have. She sets them on the table prior to the end of the demo.

For the receipts I have the guest write on the slip "B" for the couple's items and encouge everyone to buy something for themselves too, reminding them it will help the couple gets more products under the host program.

I usually do the 1950's and today's version of the bride's role (found on this site) and have the guests read the 1950's version and I read today's version. It is a real ice breaker at the beginning or at the end, whichever you choose. Just remember to have fun and make it about the bride and groom.

I also have a bridal brochure (one from HO-off the paperwork supply form) in each of my guest's folders. This is how I book my showers.

Also, I always have a Pampered Chef Bridal apron for the bride and have everyone sign it for her keepsake. I had one bride wear it on her wedding day at the reception so she didn't get any food on her wedding dress! What a great way to advertise!

I do my bridal shows a lot like everyone else and my 2 have both been in the $700 range, but I do a little something different for the receipts. After having guests mark what items are for the bride and totaling their order, I enter the gift items under the grooms name (I just put him on the show as another guest). Anything a guest buys for herself goes under her own name. This way, no one has to sort it later and the bridal couple has a receipt with one of their names on it for anything they receive. The bride is a co-host and this is where I order the free stuff and anything they want to purchase with their discount.

The fun factor is REALLY high. I cutup the 1950's and had different guests read 2 each - then I read the "today" version. We laughed a lot. They are pretty much groom-bashing, so be careful of that...great, and funny for a crowd of gals, a little awkward for a couples deal, fairly difficult with groom present - though two I have just done, grooms were really good sports about it.

I just did one yesterday, and some odd things:

-the host didn't buy any PC for them --though her kitchen is full of it, and she did great at the "you have to get this" thing, but she had bought them a wine refrigerator and 3-4 cases of good wines as their gift, and felt she had "already spent enough"

-neither the bride's nor groom's mom attended, all were invited

Nonetheless, we had fun :) I booked a mega-show with 4 hosts, and had 2 people asking Red Flag questions about the opportunity - one of them took the Empowering Women magazine home!

I teach preschool and have access to a die-cut machine (it cuts shapes out of construction paper really quickly and neatly). I tried something different at yesterdays shower and it worked great.

I got white, mint green and pink paper (the wedding colors). I cut hearts - plain and scalloped, butterflies and wedding cakes out of the paper. On each one I wrote the name and price of the item on one side, and the item & page number on the other side. Put them all in a medium white bowl decorated with some white ribbon. This was on a table and everyone just passed the bowl around, some took out a handful - the bowl was all over. Got lots of compliments on doing it this way.
Before I have written things on place cards, tied them to a white branch and used the laminated cards. This just seemed to work really well and I will definitely do it this way from now on.

Bridal shower games?Does anyone have games they do at bridal showers? I have seen some mentioned on here like the left/right game and the then and now game. Could someone please share? Thanks!

www.pamperedchef.biz/chefLani

What is the "Create the Ultimate Bridal Wish List" wedding shower idea?

The "Create the Ultimate Bridal Wish List" is a fun and unique wedding shower idea from Pampered Chef where the bride-to-be and her guests can create a personalized and practical wish list of kitchen and cooking products.

How does the "Create the Ultimate Bridal Wish List" work?

The bride-to-be can invite her guests to the wedding shower and provide them with a link to her personalized wish list. Guests can then browse and purchase items from the wish list, which will be shipped directly to the bride-to-be's home. The bride-to-be can also earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from her wish list.

Can the bride-to-be customize her wish list?

Yes, the bride-to-be can add and remove items from her wish list as she wishes. She can also add notes or comments to each item, such as preferred colors or quantities.

Are there any perks for the bride-to-be and her guests?

Yes, the bride-to-be can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from her wish list. Guests can also earn discounts and free products by hosting their own Pampered Chef parties.

Is the "Create the Ultimate Bridal Wish List" only for weddings?

No, the "Create the Ultimate Bridal Wish List" can also be used for other special occasions such as birthdays, anniversaries, or housewarmings. It's a great way to create a personalized wish list and earn free products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
straitfan
  • jbarnhill
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
phyllisc121
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies