• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Create Flavorful Pork Tenderloin Without BBQ Rub

In summary, the pork tenderloin can be cooked in the microwave using the BBQ or jerk rubs, or it can be baked or grilled. It is best served sliced or shredded.
babywings76
Gold Member
I bought a pork tenderloin and was going to make it in the DCB, only to realize I don't have the bbq rub. What are some alternative flavors that work well with it. (I'm not too experienced with pork.) TIA!

do you have any other PC spices or rubs? Rosemary is very good on pork. The moroccan or jamaican jerk rubs would work too.

I have the Jamaican, Greek, Moroccan,and Chipotle rubs.

My vote would be the Moroccan - Chipolte would be my second choice on the pork -

I use Italian dressing and our Italian spice on mine...yummy!

ChefSharain said:
I use Italian dressing and our Italian spice on mine...yummy!

How much dressing do you use? Do you marinate it in the dressing and then sprinkle on the seasoning? If you do marinate it, how long does it need to?

Olive oil, garlic, kosher salt/PC salt and rosemary. Mix it together and rub all over the tenderloin. It is SO good and so easy. Yum!

Does it really only take 10 minutes in the microwave?

10 minutes per lb approximately.

It only took me 6 minutes to cook the one pound pork tenderloin in my microwave, which is a 1000 watt micro. I usually use the BBQ rub, but I did try the Jamaican Jerk rub and it was really good, too.

If you just want to do something ever quicker, use one that is already marinated from the store (terryaki, etc.). I've also used the rosemary -- delicious.

babywings76 said:
How much dressing do you use? Do you marinate it in the dressing and then sprinkle on the seasoning? If you do marinate it, how long does it need to?

I have done it both ways...not too much difference. I use about 1 cup of marinate. It is really really tasty!

It's me again with another question... I made the tenderloin last night with the Jamaican Jerk seasoning. It tasted good, but I kept worrying that I over cooked it. It was kind of tough to cut. So, how do you cook it? Do you cook it for a certain amount of time, then let it rest for a certain amount of time, then check the temp? Or what? Also, do you just slice it and serve it, or shred it, or chop it with the salad choppers after you cut it a little?

different ways I cook mine:
with a jar of pepperocini rings and juice then shred it for sandwiches
or use fresh rosemary
a bottle (or homemade BBQ sauce)
i never do it in the microwave though
I bake it at 300 for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or in the crockpot all day

I was going to make it as a side item at my show tonight (it's with friends, so they don't mind me experimenting too much). We are making the taffy apple tartlets, and need the microwave for that, so I wanted to make the pork tenderloin beforehand. THen they could be tasting it while I do the demo of the tartlets. I'm just trying to figure it out better with how to cook and serve it, because my practice last night didn't seem to go that great.

babywings76 said:
It's me again with another question...

I made the tenderloin last night with the Jamaican Jerk seasoning. It tasted good, but I kept worrying that I over cooked it. It was kind of tough to cut. So, how do you cook it? Do you cook it for a certain amount of time, then let it rest for a certain amount of time, then check the temp? Or what? Also, do you just slice it and serve it, or shred it, or chop it with the salad choppers after you cut it a little?

I cook aprox 1 lb tenderloin for 6 to 8 minutes in my 1000 Watt Microwave. I check the temperature (Pocket Thermometer, sell one with every DCB) at 6 minutes - if it does not reach 165-170 I give it a little extra time until it reaches the proper temperature. I let it rest, covered, before cutting into it.
I season mine with the Garlic Infused Canola Oil and the Chipotle Rub, I slice mine for Fajitas.

babywings76 said:
It's me again with another question...

I made the tenderloin last night with the Jamaican Jerk seasoning. It tasted good, but I kept worrying that I over cooked it. It was kind of tough to cut. So, how do you cook it? Do you cook it for a certain amount of time, then let it rest for a certain amount of time, then check the temp? Or what? Also, do you just slice it and serve it, or shred it, or chop it with the salad choppers after you cut it a little?

Follow the directions in the 10 min pork tenderloin recipe. You have to check the temp.

Mine always comes out nice and tender. Sounds like you over cooked it.

Next time try using Yellow Mustard, fresh pressed garlic, pepper, worsteshire sauce and honey!!! Spread this all over the tenderloin and then bake - YUM, YUM, YUM!!!

DebbieJ said:
Follow the directions in the 10 min pork tenderloin recipe. You have to check the temp.

Mine always comes out nice and tender. Sounds like you over cooked it.

I just re-read the recipe. I think I overcooked it. (My host called me during my dinner prep time to close her show, so I was a bit distracted and forgot to have the recipe instructions close by) It was a 2 1/2 lb one, so I had cooked it I think for 20 minutes. (Cause I was thinking about the 10 min per lb thing).

Anyway, I'm still undecided with how to serve this at the show tonight. Maybe using BBQ sauce when we cook it? Then what would be the best way to shred it? If not, I think the Jerk seasoning was good, and we can just slice it. I just want to Wow them, KWIM?

I shred mine with my salad choppers.

Another idea on how to make it..... last night I took apples and cut/peeled them with the apple p/c/s, put the pieces in my batter bowl, tossed it with brown sugar, cinnamon and butter pats. I then put that over top my tenderloin and cooked in the microwave for 10 minutes. We then had cooked apples and pork! I thought it was good.

When using the salad choppers, do you recommend slicing it first into more manageable pieces? Or is it okay just taking the salad choppers at it. ***Please, please, forgive me with all my crazy questions...I'm just nervous at trying this out at my show tonight without having had a real triumph at home first.

I just go at in a whole piece. It is a little more work than cutting up chicken with it, but I really like the shredded effect. So, your call. You can show how great the knives are by cutting it in a couple of pieces then do the salad choppers. But, I just use the choppers.

And don't be worried about all the questions. Might as well learn from other people's trial and error!

Couple of things to add here. There is a difference between a boneless pork tenderloin and a boneless pork loin. I have never seen a tenderloin that weighed 2 and a half pounds. Sometimes they come 2 per bag and that is about 2 pounds or a little over that. If you cooked a boneless pork loin for 20 minutes, it would not be as tender as the tenderloin always is.

Also, I can't wait to make the DCB tenderloin with apples and brown sugar; I may throw in a few cranberries, too. YUM! Thanks for the inspiration. :chef:​

:cry: Sad to say, my attempt at my friend's show wasn't so good. All the guests were my friends from church. So I was open and honest with them. I told them how awesome the DCB is and all you can do, etc, but that this was a trial recipe for me. We used the Chipotle rub and I tried using the salad choppers. Well, I think I overcooked it again. :grumpy: I followed the recipe exactly with the cooking times and using the thermometer, but when I went to cut it it was very pink, pink juices, and it felt squishy and hard to cut with the choppers. I'm not experienced with pork, but everyone there agreed that maybe we should cook it longer. So we did. Then it turned out dry and not so great. I really struggled with the salad choppers on it too. We ended up slicing it. So while they were impressed with the DCB, they weren't won over on the recipe and my cooking expertise. Oh well. With 5 guests, sales were $275. Not too bad. But not so stellar. And no one wanted stoneware. They all said they have big wish lists and had other items as a priority. But I did get one possible host/recruit. :)

Oh Amanda! I am so sorry it didn't work out for you! That is one of my FAVORITE recipes! One thing I didn't think to mention, the pork tenderloin recipe says to leave it in the DCB, covered, for I think it is 10 minutes. That gives it time to keep cooking. Did you do that too? Just wondering. I say play with it again at home. I sell quite a few salad choppers when they see how it shreds the meat. Good luck with it! We are Pampered Chefs not Perfect Chefs - I use that alot!!!!

Citrus Basil Rub is really good on chicken. I bet it would be really yummy on the pork too!

How much longer did you cook it? If it's still pink, you just do it 1-2 more minutes and then let it sit for 10 so it finishes cooking.

DebbieJ said:
How much longer did you cook it? If it's still pink, you just do it 1-2 more minutes and then let it sit for 10 so it finishes cooking.

That's what we did. There were a ton of juices in the baker, so we just drizzled it over the sliced pork since it was so dry.

1. How can I create flavorful pork tenderloin without using BBQ rub?

There are many ways to add flavor to pork tenderloin without using BBQ rub. Some options include marinating the meat in a mixture of herbs, spices, and liquids such as soy sauce or vinegar, using a dry rub made from herbs and spices, or adding a glaze made from ingredients like honey, mustard, or fruit preserves.

2. Can I still achieve a smoky flavor without using BBQ rub?

Yes, you can still achieve a smoky flavor without using BBQ rub. One way is to cook the pork tenderloin on a grill or in a smoker using wood chips or chunks to create a smoky flavor. You can also use liquid smoke or smoked paprika in your marinade or dry rub to add a smoky taste.

3. Are there any sweet and savory options for flavoring pork tenderloin without BBQ rub?

Absolutely! You can create a sweet and savory flavor profile by using a combination of ingredients like brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, and garlic in your marinade or glaze. Another option is to use a dry rub with a mix of sweet and savory spices such as cinnamon, cumin, and chili powder.

4. How long should I marinate the pork tenderloin for maximum flavor?

The length of time you should marinate your pork tenderloin depends on the type of marinade and the size of the meat. As a general rule, marinating for at least 2 hours is recommended, but you can marinate for up to 24 hours for maximum flavor. Be sure to follow the specific instructions for your chosen marinade.

5. Can I still get a crispy exterior without using BBQ rub?

Yes, you can still achieve a crispy exterior without using BBQ rub. One way is to sear the pork tenderloin in a hot pan before roasting it in the oven. This will create a crispy crust on the outside. You can also use a glaze or dry rub with ingredients like sugar or cornstarch to help create a crispy texture on the outside of the meat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pjpamchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • brendaziz