• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Crazy Host Orders That Never Cease to Amaze Me!

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who had an outside order for a show that never happened and the customer ordered a UM. The customer was happy when the consultant called her because the UM was not working, but she was busy and never called back despite the consultant leaving messages. Now the UM is broken and the customer wants a replacement. The consultant wonders if HO will replace it due to the customer's own misuse and is frustrated that she has to pay for the return shipping. Others suggest telling the customer that returns are handled directly by HO and giving her the 800 number, or facilitating the return and asking for reimbursement. It is also mentioned that consultants are not authorized to accept returns. Overall, the conversation highlights the challenges of dealing with
amy07
...never cease to amaze me! I had an outside order for a show that never happened back in May. She orderd the UM, and when I did my CCC she said she was so happy that I called because it wasn't working, but that she was busy and could she call me back, of course I said sure and gave her ALL of my #'s. Guess what? She never called. I called and left messages several times, and figured that she finally figured out how to use the darn thing and everything was fine. Nope. This morning the non-host calls to tell me that she has the UM, and that it is broken and the guest wants a new one. Go pick it up, and it is indeed broken. It looks like she never put it on track correctly, and chipped the side of the slider part. But here is the kicker, she put it in the original box and it still has food on it!! YUCK!!:yuck: :yuck:
Now, will HO replace this if it was broken due to her own misuse? And I just love how I'm being stuck with paying the return shipping when she wouldn't call me back in the first place!! :grumpy: UGHHH!! If HO does replace it, I'm having it shipped to me and will hand deliver it ONLY to her so I can show her how to properly use the thing! Anyone else have things like this happen? And how did you handle it?

Actually, you need to tell her that being new, you were mistaken and you do not accept returns, Pampered Chef does so there isn't "missing" merchandise...or whatever Politically Correct reason you wish to choose.

Let them know that to protect the customer and the consultant, HO will deal directly with them on replacement. Give them the 800# (or 888#) to call.

Then, call HO and explain the story so it is on file when they call...they can determine what to do with the customer.

I would call HO and get the reference number for her and return it to her for her to pay for the return shipping. I do not pay return shipping ever. I will handle setting the retun up but I will not do the actual return unless it is being returne via FedEx pickup or return label in the first 30 days.

Adding: I will "facilitate" returns for all my customers as customer service and ease for the customer, but unless it is a "close friend" won't collect the item or ship it for them.

However, in this case, you seem to have them not being responsive or giving different stories so if it is that bad, I'd keep myself out of the loop and give them the number.

Or as Jennifer said in this case, call, facilitate, get the shipping quote and ask for reimbursement. Tell them it says on the receipt that if before 30 days return shipping is free if after the customer pays.

Great advice, I just didn't want to tick her off so i just went and picked it up. My bad.

amy07 said:
Great advice, I just didn't want to tick her off so i just went and picked it up. My bad.

Sometimes you have to protect yourselves from the customers that will "use and abuse" your kindness. We're afraid of ticking them off, when in reality they put up a stink to see how far then can get or get something for free (sometimes). Other times, they do have a legitimate beef...

It says right on the back of the receipt that we as consultants are not authorized to accept returns. Give her the UM back with the reference # and instructions and point it out to her.

OR, just suck it up, pay the postage, and get this woman out of your hair. I would probably do this.

DebbieJ said:
It says right on the back of the receipt that we as consultants are not authorized to accept returns. Give her the UM back with the reference # and instructions and point it out to her.

OR, just suck it up, pay the postage, and get this woman out of your hair. I would probably do this.
Actually, that line's not on the receipt backs anymore. I looked it up for someone a couple of months ago. I still tell people that we aren't allowed to, though. It helps make our job look easy for recruiting.

Oops, my bad! I knew it used to say it!

1. Can I customize my order with specific colors or designs?

Yes, as long as they are currently available in our product line. Please mention any customization requests when placing your order.

2. Can I use my host rewards towards a crazy host order?

Unfortunately, no. Host rewards can only be used towards regular orders and cannot be applied towards crazy host orders.

3. How long does it take for a crazy host order to be processed and shipped?

Crazy host orders typically take longer to process and ship due to the customization and special requests involved. It may take up to 2-3 weeks for your order to be processed and shipped.

4. Can I combine my crazy host order with a regular order?

Yes, you can combine your crazy host order with a regular order. However, please note that the regular order will be subject to regular shipping and processing times.

5. Can I cancel or make changes to my crazy host order after it has been placed?

Once a crazy host order has been placed, it cannot be canceled or changed. Please double check all details and requests before submitting your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cochef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
musicalglow
  • GingerChef