• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Craft Fair Canopies: What Brand to Buy (or Not Buy)?

In summary, the quick set up canopies that are sold at Target and other stores are inexpensive and work well.
flemings99
Gold Member
I'm wanting to buy a quick set up canopy for craft fairs. Does any one have suggestions on what brand to purchase? or not purchase.
Thanks.
Barb

I have no idea what brand mine is - I got it at Target about 6 years ago though. It's not heavy duty, but does the job great for both booths and camping. It has a screen room that attaches to it. I've been very happy w/it. I got it on sale for I think about $100 or less.

we have a Fiskars (scissors brand) it isn't pop up but its great and easy to set up

I have a First Up canopy and I really like it. We bought it at Wal-Mart 2 years ago and it is still working great. I think we paid around $100 for it.

EZ Up Tents are good too

Our Cluster got one for use at Fairs at Walmart for about $87. I got advice from a friend who does lots of outside events. She says Sports Authority also has economical ones but that the best she could find, for the price, were at Sam's for $140.

Trish in Texas
Independent Conultant

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it! Barb

I have an EZ Up- for the Farmer's Market- I got it for $100, and it really is easy-up. I did learn something though- take 4 milk jugs (gallon) filled with water, and 4 bungy cords, and hangd them from the legs, to help keep the canopy down if windy. my first saturday at the fair, it was WINDY!!!! and I noticed the seasoned vendors were not concerned- they had the jugs. Last week, I was ready, and hung the jugs after I set up the canopy.

Last edited:
I got mine at walmart for arround 80$.

Biggest thing to remember is you will need something to weigh it down if it is windy. My favorite easy tip I saw was to fill milk jugs with sand or cement. tie 1 or 2 to eack leg.

OOps... can you tell I did not read all the posts first.. ;)

Thanks for the milk jug tip! I'm working a fair in Sept. and will save a few jugs for this purpose:)! Last year my husband brought me stone blocks.

Just bought a First Up for $82 at Wal Mart. I LOVE it. I was next to a seasoned person who had taken a paint can, put a rope (not sure how long) made of the plastic material that you would tie up a boat with. They had poured cement in it and hang it from the corners. The rope is tied to each corner and the cement part rests on the ground.

They also had tarps and large metal clips to hold them on for rain coming sideways.

I want to see if the First Up has sides to put on it. I had the Merrill banner and was taught how to use bungee cords to hook it to the metal ring on the banner and secure the other end on the canopy metal.

One vendor has a plastic covered hook with a metal screw, screwed into the table towards her. She hangs plastic bags from it for customers to carry their products and/or paperwork from the display.

Try not to set it up alone. I believe that's why my first one broke after a few uses. I think it helps to have at least two people pulling on opposite corners at a time.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I got one at Target this evening (quick shade I think). I think it took my husband & I over an hour to figure out how to get it up. And just as long to take it down LOL. I finally called my neighbor and he showed us these little pins you pull out & it collapses down---boy did we feel stupid.

Any quick tips for getting it up? I was hoping it would be something I could do by myself, but thinking that isn't the case now.

I highly recommend the one at Wal=Mart. LOVE It and I think I paid around $100 for it. Also, Dick's Sporting goods have them on sale this week and they're nice ones!

Found a bargin at Big Lots! A coleman 15 x 15 for $50!! It really takes two people to set it up, but I love mine!

I love EZ up, what I noticed is that the ones w/ a push button wear after several uses and are hard to push in to lower the canopy. The ones w/ the pull tabs work much easier.

CraigslistYou can get a good deal on craigslist if you keep your eyes open, if you need one asap, I recommend Walmart or Big lots sounds good to me! :thumbup:

Debbie :D

I just bought a EZ Up Enterprise canopy (traded for it) but he paid $210 at Big 5 sporting goods. It has sidewalls that zip down so if it rains I can quickly zip down and keep my stuff dry.

Robert

I just bought a First-up from Walmart today for $94.00. (before I saw this thread). I have an outdoor street festival to do late September, and I am glad I saw this thread with the suggestions for holding it down. I did use it today at the bday party I attended. It went up and came down quite easy.

ummmm, you really have to have the weights.
Don't ask me how I know, but if you do NOT use weights and the wind catches it...

LIKE A PARASAIL

Until it crashes, well, them you get a new one!
LOL
Great advice everyone!

There's one for about 200 at Costco that is sturdier than most. We got a QuickTent or QuickTop something on mega-sale for 89, with a half-wall.

Pay attention to the girth of the poles before you purchase - chincy is not good. Light, yes - but also not good inside.

I can't remember the breand, but I just bought one at Dick's Sporting Goods this weekend for $70 - that's about the price of the others there as well.

It's 10' x 10' and has a storage bag with wheels.

I think it might be a QuickTent

1. What is the most popular brand for craft fair canopies?

The most popular brand for craft fair canopies is Eurmax. They are known for their high-quality materials and sturdy construction, making them a favorite among vendors at craft fairs.

2. Are there any brands to avoid when purchasing a craft fair canopy?

Some brands to avoid when purchasing a craft fair canopy include Ozark Trail and Coleman. While these brands may be more affordable, they are not as durable and may not hold up well in outdoor conditions.

3. What is the average size of a craft fair canopy?

The average size of a craft fair canopy is 10x10 feet. This size is perfect for most craft fair booths and provides enough space for vendors to display their products and interact with customers.

4. Do I need a specific type of canopy for indoor craft fairs?

No, you do not need a specific type of canopy for indoor craft fairs. However, you may want to consider a lighter weight canopy that is easier to set up and transport, such as a pop-up canopy.

5. What are some important features to look for when purchasing a craft fair canopy?

Some important features to look for when purchasing a craft fair canopy include sturdy construction, UV protection, waterproof material, adjustable legs for uneven terrain, and easy setup and takedown. It is also important to consider the weight and size of the canopy for transportation and storage purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ashleypc
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • MaggieChef13
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • Chef Bobby