• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Issues With Craft Fairs - Question

In summary, Pampered Chef does not usually come to craft fairs because they do not have enough of a profit margin.
MaggieChef13
Hello,
I was wondering how often craft fairs will not Pampered chef come to their events?
Currently, I don't have enough stuff for cash and carry and a fair said I would not be able to be a vendor with them.
Does this happen often??

Thanks,
Maggie

It really depends on the craft fair. I have done several through the years for which the coordinators understood that I had no cash and carry. Though, I find that craft fairs tend to be less profitable for me than other events.

Im going for the contacts. I just started and my list of 100 didn't get me anywhere.

Maggie,Did they say that you couldn't come because you did not have enough cash & carry or because you were not a "crafter". We have a local event (BIG) that has no direct sales people because we don't sell (make) "crafts".That being said, I've never been turned down for an event because I don't do cash and carry. Most folks who invite a Pampered Chef consultant know that's how our business works. To me, cash & carry is a gamble. I don't know what people are going to want at any given event and I'm not willing to pay to have inventory.

Yes- some want homemade crafts only . but often you can get around this by making gift sets up to sell. I had a consultant who did this and they let her in. She of course had to buy the items and make them up ahead. But she also increased the price for the other ingredients like candy etc. She also took orders and booked parties. For instance she used a SA Soups and More and filled a cute baggie with the dry ingredients for the 1 minute cakes and then add a mini whisk and tie up with cellophane and ribbon. This was a while ago and she's out of PC- so sorry- no pics. Also candy in a 1 cup Prep bowl with bow.

Hi, I am also a very good knitter so maybe I could make some gloves and put the wooden spoons inside them.

They wanted cash and carry. I'm so new ( Joined Nov. 5th ) so I only have my kit. I work at Mcdonalds so no extra money to spend on buying stuff...
I have my first fair scheduled Nov. 23rd! but no shows booked yet. :/

What types of issues can arise at craft fairs?

There are a variety of issues that can arise at craft fairs, including poor attendance, bad weather, lack of sales, and competition with similar vendors. Other issues may include problems with booth set-up, difficulty with transportation or parking, and issues with the event organizers.

How can I prepare for potential issues at craft fairs?

It is important to be prepared for potential issues at craft fairs. This may include having a backup plan for bad weather, bringing extra supplies and inventory, and researching the event and its attendees beforehand. It can also be helpful to have a positive attitude and be flexible in case unexpected issues do arise.

What can I do if there is low attendance at a craft fair?

If there is low attendance at a craft fair, there are a few things you can do. First, try to attract more customers by having eye-catching displays and offering special promotions or discounts. You can also network with other vendors and cross-promote each other's products. Additionally, consider reaching out to the event organizers for suggestions on how to increase attendance.

How can I handle competition with other vendors at a craft fair?

Competition with other vendors is common at craft fairs. To stand out, make sure your products are unique and high-quality, and have a visually appealing booth display. You can also differentiate yourself by offering personalized or customizable items. It is also important to stay professional and friendly with other vendors, as they may become potential collaborators or referral sources in the future.

What should I do if I am dissatisfied with the organization of a craft fair?

If you are dissatisfied with the organization of a craft fair, the first step is to address your concerns with the event organizers. Be polite and specific about the issues you have experienced and see if they can offer a solution or compensation. If you are unable to come to a resolution, you may need to consider whether it is worth participating in the event again in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dldunphy
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • jessicafawn
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies