• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Coupon Train: Join the Regional Coupon Swap for Savings

and then going back to Alaska.I am in!I will try to join in on the next run. I'm in TX and have been clipping coupons for a few years now!I'm in too!I have been clipping coupons for 2 years now!
akrebecca
Silver Member
I was reading on another thread of other fellow cheffers who use coupons & shop sales. I also use grocerygame.com and have tried joining or creating a coupon train but no one seems interested in a rider from Alaska.

So, you might be asking "What is a Coupon Train?" One person, the conductor, starts by sending a envelope of coupons to another person. The second person then takes out what he/she can use, puts in coupons they can't and sends it onward to another person. This continues thru the list of riders until it is sent back to the conductor. The conductor, in addition putting in & taking out, also pulls the expired coupons. The expireds can be sent to the overseas military.

Basically, it is a regional or nationwide coupon swap. There are responsibilities & expectations for riders. Fast turnaround on the mailings being the main one.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

I'm a clipper will give it a try...

I would be interested.

i probably would be interested to............

My husband does the couponing thing, so I'd like to join aboard.

I would be interested in joining..
Team Leader - Michigan

I'm interested.

Count me in.

I'll try it too!!

Cool! If you all would pm me your mailing addresses, I will work out the best route & get it going!

I am most definately interested. I belong to a coupon club thru yahoo and love it. I have tons of coupons to swap. Please add me to the train. My email address is [email protected]

Deb.

me too.. I save $50-$100 at the grocery store every week...

I have never clipped coupons. I keep telling my self I will but I dont get the newspaper so I dont get coupons.

I would be interested in doing this. I am always clipping coupons and saving and giving them to other people.
[email protected]
Thanks

Cool I'm in.

ok we have all these interested people, how do we get it going?

Can't wait to get started.

OK. So, I have gotten mailing addresses from 6 people (crissy11, pattikake, debbi, clover7119, dina atnip, & PCMomto4). So far the route I have planned out is as follows: (by states) AK to OK, OK to LA, LA to AL, AL to FL, FL to PA, PA to VT, VT back to AK. If you are interested & have not pm'ed me your mailing address, please do so by Friday. I plan to drop the package in the mail late Friday afternoon.

For the 7 people who have sent me mailing addresses, I have put together the list & sent out the envelope on Saturday. The route is the same as I posted before with two stops in PA.

Since we can only PM to 5 people at a time, I think posting here would be the best way to the best way to keep everyone up to speed. When you get the envelope, & send it off, post that so the person who sent it will know you got it & the next person knows it is on its way.

Looking forward to hearing from you all & seeing just how long it will take to get back to me.

I got the envelope yesterday the 24th and am mailing it back out today.. I added about 75 coupons to it so the postage went up a $1.. oh well, I needed to clean out and I could only use 1 coupon that was in it when I got it. hopefully as it continues it will accumulate more coupons. Just a heads up.. it took 6 days for me to get it from LA.. according to the postmark.. hopefully it will get to FL sooner than that.

I had totally forgotten about this! Can't wait to get it.

Have you gotten the packet yet?

This is the first I have heard about this. Anyway I could join in still? I'm in TX

I got it yesterday and went through and pulled some out for me and I will put more coupons in it today and get it back in the mail tomorrow, Friday at the latest. It is going to PA after me.

Hey Rebecca-
Can you add me in? We can always swap stuff at meetings if need be rather than mailing :)

Hi Aimee--

Totally did not think about asking at the meetings! I will bring my stash to the next meeting. I have some fellow couponers out here in the Valley that meet once a week to exchange. Lots of fun & I get great ideas for the sales.

For those of you who are interested in joining the train, we are currently in the first run. After we are done, we will be talking about what to change, what was good etc... We may need to shorten the train. Right now, the package is leaving Alaska, crossing the country with several stops along the way then coming back to Alaska.

Yup I would like to participate at meetings Rebecca :)

Sat down & figured out where we are at with the train. I sent out the envelope on Feb 1st. Atnip in Marlow, OK received & sent out by 2/11. Carrier in Schriever, La received & sent out by 2/17. Brazell in Ardmore, AL received & sent out by 2/24. Right now Drew in Venice, FL has the envelope & should be sending out by tomorrow. The envelope's next stop is College in Chambersburg, PA. Then on to Segebart in Clairton, PA, then Plew in Wallingford, VT. Finally back to Alaska.

I will keep you all updated as I get info.

I love this I am in.

AS OF TODAY Segebart in Clairton PA is still waiting.

I just got it in Florida two days ago and got it in the mail today and it is heading to someone else in PA before it gets to you.

Cool i'm excited

has the train made full circle yet?

I've never recieved anything... Bummed to say the least

I Sent it to PA probably three weeks ago now, but I think there was someone in PA that wasn't Debbi and then it was going to you.

waay too long to get good use out of it.. I am starting a coupon swap in my town this Tuesday. We are meeting for lunch at a cafe and are swapping our coupons that we know we are not going to use.

Hi ! As of today my envelope has not arrived, i'm cool with that but i'm leaving town for 2 weeks so it will have to sit til i get back...sorry:(

I have emailed the person who was next in line to receive the envelope but have not heard from her yet. I think it has been lost in the mail and will probably end up in the same bin where other lost letters go. I wonder if that bin is next to the bin that contains missing socks? Hmmm.

Anyway. I think mailing one massive envelope was too much. In the two months(ish) the envelope has been out, I have meet up three times with other local couponers and have made several swaps. I also joined a different train & have received weekly envelopes.

If any of the original riders are still interested, we can give it another shot but in a different way.

Let me know.

Rebecca, I think I may be interested if another one is arranged.

I'm going to drop out at this time... I'm going to join ts in addition to pc and hope to be busy with that...

I am up in Fairbanks and would love to be involved. I have lots of coupons that I get from the commisary that can be used anywhere but never seem to show up in any other stores/papers. Mara I will pm you my addy.

What is a Coupon Train?

A Coupon Train is a regional or nationwide coupon swap where a group of individuals share coupons with each other in order to save money on their purchases. One person, known as the conductor, starts by sending an envelope of coupons to another person. The second person then takes out the coupons they can use, adds in any coupons they can't use, and sends it on to the next person on the list. This process continues until the envelope is sent back to the conductor.

How does a Coupon Train work?

The conductor is responsible for starting the train by sending out a packet of coupons to the first rider. Each rider then has a set amount of time to take out the coupons they can use, add in any coupons they can't use, and send the envelope on to the next person on the list. The conductor, in addition to participating in the coupon swap, is also responsible for pulling out any expired coupons and sending them to overseas military members.

What are the responsibilities and expectations for riders?

Riders in a Coupon Train are expected to have a fast turnaround time for sending out the envelope to the next person on the list. They are also expected to take out the coupons they can use, add in any coupons they can't use, and send it on to the next person in a timely manner. It is important for riders to communicate with each other and the conductor to ensure the train runs smoothly.

Why should I participate in a Coupon Train?

Participating in a Coupon Train can be a great way to save money on your purchases. By sharing coupons with others, you can potentially receive coupons for products you regularly use and save money on your grocery bills. It also allows you to connect with others who are also looking to save money and learn about different deals and discounts in your region or nationwide.

How can I join a Coupon Train?

If you are interested in joining a Coupon Train, you can reach out to the conductor of an existing train or start your own train with a group of friends or fellow coupon enthusiasts. There may also be online communities or forums where you can find others looking to start or join a Coupon Train. Just make sure to follow the responsibilities and expectations for riders to ensure a successful and efficient train.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AmieCream
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AmieCream
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
imported_iteachurkid
  • Kristina21