• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Business Card Swap **Read and Respond**

In summary, Kelly McNamara is organizing an opportunity for 75 different people to send in their business cards with their reasons for beginning and staying with PC. Each person must mail 75 cards with a self addressed envelope with enough postage. The deadline for the cards to be mailed was extended to August 31st. There are 84 people participating in this swap and those who do not mail their cards within the allotted time will be cut from the exchange. Latecomers are still accepted and if someone does not have 75 cards, they can send less and receive less back from the swap.
Christ Follower said:
Check into Organic unrefined (expellar pressed) Coconut oil for Thyroid problems if you don't wan't to be on medications the rest of your life. (Talk to your doctor BEFORE hand to see if it will work for you) I know a TON of people that have a regular thyroid now after taking coconut oil (daily). It has a TON of other health benefits as well....

Shoot, Ellen, most doctors don't even recognize underactive thyroid when it spits in their face :( Can't you just hear them laugh when you ask them about this? I'll go hunting on the interet - thanks for the tip. I really prefer less meds in life ...:)

Kathytnt said:
They test me for thyroid and mono etc. I was a little anemic but not enought to cause such severe symptoms. I was so frustrated I practically wanted to burst into tears while I was in the office when they kept tell me that the test were showing nothing. Then they are trying to figure out if I am stressed or depressed.
The poor doctor felt bad that he couldn't find anything wrong. I think he sensed how frustrated I was. The good news is that I am better and working to get caught up on all the things I got behind on during that period.

Did they look at Chronic Fatigue Syndrome? A lot of doctors don't believe it is there, but it can be really debilitating especially combined with depression!

I don't think it was going on long enough to be considered chronic fatigue but it did cross my mind. If it had gone on longer I would have considered that. After dealing with it for almost a week I can't imagine what it would be like for an extended period of time.

I have taken Armour Thyroid in the past and it was helpful. I haven't had the issues with cold like I sometimes do. Can you have a borderline thyroid issue that comes and goes??? I go through phases when I am really cold - In the spring my feet would be so cold I couldn't sleep. I took a thyroid support supplement that helpe but I don't seem to need it all the time - Is that weird??? r

It is possible for your thyroid to change in how well it works because some of the things I've been reading say that your thyroid function is tied into your body temperature. If your body temperature is too low, it doesn't function properly. If your body temperature is regulated then your thyroid can work. You can get more information about it at http://www.wilsonstemperaturesyndrome.com
Until I found that site I had no clue how many things were tied to the thyroid. I have just started taking some of the supplements in the last couple of days. I haven't gone to one of the doctors who specialize in this type of treatment because there aren't any in my area. By the way, I found out about that site thru flylady.com

Today is Sunday, September 9th.

Cards received yesterday:
(sorry, forgot to post about them yesterday!)

NONE

Hoping for a lot of them to show up tomorrow!

I swear I sent mine and I got to the post office before 5 p.m. so they should be there not later than Tuesday

Kathytnt said:
I swear I sent mine and I got to the post office before 5 p.m. so they should be there not later than Tuesday
:D No worries! It will get here!

do you know when these are going to be mailed out? i know you cant know the day .. but like two weeks or something?

This week is nutso for me, so there is no way I will get to them...

I am planning on doing the "swapping" next Sunday and hopefully getting them in the mail on Monday the 17th.
Guess it depends on how long it takes me....never did anything like this before!!

You had to wait for all of us Kelly.....now it is our turn. Take your time.:)

chefkristin said:
You had to wait for all of us Kelly.....now it is our turn. Take your time.:)

Exactly! We'll enjoy getting them whenever we get them! Don't be stressing over it Kelly:D

Looking forward to them. No hurry, I'm sure it's a major undertaking! We will all be like little kids on X-mas morning when we here their in the mail. In stead of "mines sent" it will be "Got mine today" and we will all be check our mail boxes! ;)

Today is Wednesday, September 12th.

Cards received since my last post on here:

chefjeanine
crystalscookingnow
Kathytnt
cmdtrgd

Thanks! :balloon:

KellyTheChef said:
If your name is showing on THIS LIST, I still need cards from you.

6) pamperedmom24- mailed priority, just waiting for them to arrive
33) Darcia
39) Koolotus
40) smspamperedchef
45) mommyhugz1978
60) Flamingo
69) tlmcunning
76) ChefBrandi

Here are names of folks I have cards from, but don't what your screen name is...
let me know so I can cross your name off the list!! ;)

Melody R. from VT

Here is the updated "missing" list!

KellyTheChef said:
Here is the updated "missing" list!

Melody R. is VTCHEF - did you get that on your list?

Thanks Janet.

janetupnorth said:
Melody R. is VTCHEF - did you get that on your list?
Duh!

Somehow I crossed her name off of my list, and even wrote her name next to vtchef...and still didn't take it off of there!

I can only claim being blonde...:eek:

KellyTheChef said:
Duh!

Somehow I crossed her name off of my list, and even wrote her name next to vtchef...and still didn't take it off of there!

I can only claim being blonde...:eek:

Or maybe you are pregnant and just don't know it yet???? :D :rolleyes:

janetupnorth said:
Or maybe you are pregnant and just don't know it yet???? :D :rolleyes:
Yea...yea...brain drain already! I think it kicks in even when you are just TRYING!! LOL

thanks so much kelly! i didnt mean to make you hurry by my last post, i was just curious .. whenever you ge tthem out is great!

abrahamlaur said:
thanks so much kelly! i didnt mean to make you hurry by my last post, i was just curious .. whenever you ge tthem out is great!
Laurie~

I didn't take your post as trying to rush me...don't worry silly!

I will keep you all posted on how I am doing...this past week and this coming week have been/are crazy for me so I have NOT started swapping them out just yet...

Kelly, I know others have said this but just wanted to say it myself. I know what you are doing is a big job with so many cards coming in. It is really appreciated and when you get them out is good enough by me.

It is a great idea and I am going to enjoy looking through them.

Are we still doing this?

Yes :eek: I just had a bad week (little one sick, he gave it to me...and some other things.) I am planning on trying to get them done today!

If I was near you I'd help! Sorry you've had a bad week - trust me I know what that is like! (((hugs)))

I hope your feeling better. Lots of nastys going around!

Yep...I think it's just that time of the year! Seems like a ton of people are sick right now!

KellyTheChef said:
Yep...I think it's just that time of the year! Seems like a ton of people are sick right now!
My DH has the flu Friday and missed a wedding Friday night that he REALLY wanted to be there for...he helped get the couple together!!!!

Ugh Janet! Glad to say ours are just colds!! Thank God it wasn't the flu!

Luckily it was only a 24 hour one (been going around here!!!!). He was able to go to camp yesterday and today (good since we have very few staff around and a singles' retreat going on).

I hope you feel better too! Allergy season is upon us and that doesn't help either!

Oh my goodness!Alright everyone...I finally bit the bullet and got the card swap DONE today. Started at 3:00 and it's now 10:00PM. :eek: Had to stop to eat and put Evan to bed.

I want to let everyone know that there were NOT enough cards to give everyone 75 back. To make a long story short, (and it would have been way too time consuming to do it any differently....) I have some extras that I can mail out on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE basis. So, perhaps if you didn't have time to do the swap, you may want to do this. There ranges between 57 and 20 cards in the stacks. There will be no effort on your part other than to email me, give me your address, and send me some postage $$. The FIRST 11 people to email me and set up payment though paypal, I will mail them a stack of cards. Again, EMAIL me (please do not PM me about this, as my PM box gets filled up quickly) at [email protected] to get these cards.

I do NOT think I will be able to go to the PO tomorrow...I will check with my mail carrier to see if she can take all of the ones that have postage on them already...if not, I will run them to the PO on Tuesday.

Good luck everyone with your recruiting efforts...hope these will speak to the hearts of some of your leads!

Thanks sooooooooo much to all who participated! It was cool to see so many different reasons that everyone started their businesses, and why you stay with your business!

You da woman, Kelly!

Ok, I was confused at first but I think I got it...

Those who participated, get some back, probably not the full 75...if you sent 75 the extras were put in a pile which are available to other people...is that correct?

Thanks for all your hard work Kelly!

janetupnorth said:
Ok, I was confused at first but I think I got it...

Those who participated, get some back, probably not the full 75...if you sent 75 the extras were put in a pile which are available to other people...is that correct?

Thanks for all your hard work Kelly!
Yep!

Thanks for clarifying that Janet...my head is tired right now!

Those who sent the entire amount in (75) will probably get back about 63-65. That's just how it ended up.

Some sent 75
some sent 77
some sent 74
some sent 72
some sent 50
some sent 55
some sent 25

This was just the easiest way for me to deal with all of the differing amounts without spending hours actually counting each card from every person to figure out if I needed to return extras. So....the extras are going to the next 11 people who want me to send them out, and who are willing to pay for me to do that. I am not (sorry) waiting for people to send me SASE for these extra ones. I just want to finish this off as quickly as possible!! ;)

You have already gone above and beyond, Kelly. Don't stress over this another second! Chunk the leftovers in the trash can and have a drink!!

Kelly you are the BEST! Thank you so much for doing this! I can't wait to see them!

KellyTheChef said:
Yes :eek: I just had a bad week (little one sick, he gave it to me...and some other things.) I am planning on trying to get them done today!

No rush. ;) I just hadn't checked in in a while and wasn't sure if I had missed something. lol :) Thanks! :D

ljeffries said:
You have already gone above and beyond, Kelly. Don't stress over this another second! Chunk the leftovers in the trash can and have a drink!!

I second this!! Toss the rest and take pride in knowing how much we all appreciate what you took on to do this. Thank you!!!!

Ditto - I say toss the rest! thank you so much for all your hard work!!!

dianevill said:
Ditto - I say toss the rest! thank you so much for all your hard work!!!

OR....save them and give them to the new recruits you are going to get by showing yours at your shows! Kind of a signing bonus :) You might as well get some perk from all this hard work!!

Kelly you are awesome for even taking this on. Chuck the rest!!! Thanks so much!!!:thumbup: :D

Thanks Kelly; you're such a sweetie for doing this. I can't wait to see/read them all!

Kelly, you have worked to hard on this! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Thanks everyone! I am calmer now that I know they are done!

I am still offering the extras to anyone who would like to have them. I think I am going to start a different thread about the extras...most people who aren't doing the swap are probably not reading this thread!

I was checking in on the thread every once in a while, but I am glad that you posted a new thread. I would have missed it. Thanks again Kelly for doing all the legwork and offering the left over sets.

Woo Hoo, I still got a set !!

Thanks Kelly I can't wait. Georgia Peach had a good Idea about using them for your future recruits, let them see all the reasons and how close knit we are! Thanks again Deanna

Hey all!

Everyone who had postage on theirs got into the mail today. My mail lady laughed at me when I came walking out to her truck with a LAUNDRY BASKET full of envelopes!! She took them, no problem! There are a select few (like those going off to Canada) that I need to go into the PO to mail and I am planning on stopping off there tomorrow morning!

YAHHHHH!!! Thank you SOOOO much Kelly, I cant wait to get them!THANK YOU!!!

<h2>1. What is the purpose of the Business Card Swap?</h2><p>The purpose of the Business Card Swap is to provide an opportunity for consultants of Pampered Chef to exchange their business cards with each other, along with their reasons for starting and staying with the company. This allows for a unique and diverse collection of cards that can be used as a recruiting tool for potential new consultants.</p><h2>2. How do I participate in the Business Card Swap?</h2><p>In order to participate, you must adhere to the guidelines set by the organizer, including sending in 75 business cards with your reasons for starting and staying with Pampered Chef, and a self-addressed, postage-applied envelope for the unique cards to be returned to you. Your cards must also be postmarked by the specified deadline.</p><h2>3. Can I still participate if I missed the original deadline?</h2><p>Yes, latecomers can still participate in the Business Card Swap as long as they can adhere to the guidelines and meet the extended deadline. They will still receive a similar number of cards back, depending on the total number of participants.</p><h2>4. How do I ensure that I have enough postage for my cards to be returned?</h2><p>To make sure you have enough postage, take your main envelope, cards, and self-addressed envelope to the post office to be weighed. Then apply the same amount of postage to both envelopes to ensure they have enough for the return trip.</p><h2>5. What happens if I don't have 75 cards to send?</h2><p>If you don't have 75 cards, you can still participate by sending in a lower number. However, you will receive less cards back from the swap. It is recommended to send the full 75 cards if possible to have a wider variety of reasons for starting and staying with Pampered Chef.</p>

1. What is the purpose of the Business Card Swap?

The purpose of the Business Card Swap is to provide an opportunity for consultants of Pampered Chef to exchange their business cards with each other, along with their reasons for starting and staying with the company. This allows for a unique and diverse collection of cards that can be used as a recruiting tool for potential new consultants.

2. How do I participate in the Business Card Swap?

In order to participate, you must adhere to the guidelines set by the organizer, including sending in 75 business cards with your reasons for starting and staying with Pampered Chef, and a self-addressed, postage-applied envelope for the unique cards to be returned to you. Your cards must also be postmarked by the specified deadline.

3. Can I still participate if I missed the original deadline?

Yes, latecomers can still participate in the Business Card Swap as long as they can adhere to the guidelines and meet the extended deadline. They will still receive a similar number of cards back, depending on the total number of participants.

4. How do I ensure that I have enough postage for my cards to be returned?

To make sure you have enough postage, take your main envelope, cards, and self-addressed envelope to the post office to be weighed. Then apply the same amount of postage to both envelopes to ensure they have enough for the return trip.

5. What happens if I don't have 75 cards to send?

If you don't have 75 cards, you can still participate by sending in a lower number. However, you will receive less cards back from the swap. It is recommended to send the full 75 cards if possible to have a wider variety of reasons for starting and staying with Pampered Chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg