• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cookware Infomercial Selling Tips?

In summary, the ice cube melts faster in the cookware because it is aluminum and it is the best conductor of heat (and cold).
AJPratt
Silver Member
OK, so I think we all have our 1 or two minute infomercial about our stoneware and cookware. I've really got a handle on the stoneware, and even though I love the cookware, I could really use some help with what to say. I tried to mention the hard anondized part, but I think it sounded rehearsed. Even though PC givesus great materials about this, what do you say face to face at a show.

do you havedo you have any of the executive cookware? I think the biggest way to sell the exec. cookware is to place a piece of ice on a plate and place a piece on the piece of cookware. The ice on the cookware will melt within like a minute or two. it's amazing. hardly anyone can believe it.

I second the ice cube demo! I haven't really focused on selling the cookware until the Pan-o-rama promo came out.
Since Feb, I have sold 7 saute pans, a square griddle and 2 skillets. :D

Today at my show I just took the catalog and read down the points on the cookware page. I told the guests that I was so excited about this cookware I could hardly keep it all straight, so I have to read it to make sure I get it right.

I sold one saute pan and the host is considering the saute pan and 12" skillet.

I think I'll give the ice a try. And, I like the reading out of the catalog. Its honest. I won't sound so "Stepford Wife". You know, when their eyes glaze over and the go into this trance?

I third the ice cube deal!! The cookware stuff is a little intimidating but you'll get it naturally. I have only been selling (for money anyways) since January 20th. I have sold 4 cookware sets (as 1/2 price items), 2 gen. II grill pans, 1 roasting pan w/rack, 1 prof. casserole w/lid, and 1 gen. II stir fry skillet (I have enough points to get the 5 pc. set but am holding out for the 7 pc.) I own the whole professional set (perfectly happy with it) and start with what I know, then add details that I can remember about the executive cookware. Most of the time the life time guarantee and the fact that you can cook with them in the oven does the trick. I love my cookware and it shows. I have been making alot of skillet cakes also. :p

I did find a great cake recipe for the saute pan I may use! I love the moletn choclate skillet brownie, but that skillet is HEAVY!

I also like to point out that you can buy other cookware at other retail stores for a comparable price---saw a set of Calphalon at Kohl's for $250--BUT what happens four years from now when that nonstick coating starts peeling off?? Do you go back to Kohl's with your pan? NO! (I also mention that I used to work at the Kohl's CS desk and would have sent you on your way).

But with a PC set, you call me and we get you a new pan. End of story.

Can someone explain to me WHY the icecube melts faster in the cookware? I'd love to do this demo, but I wanna know why it does that. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Because it is aluminum and it is the best conductor of heat (and cold). This is what makes our cookware heat fast and cook evenly. When doing the demo take notice of how cold the pan gets almost immediately!! :)

Why do things melt? When there is a temperature difference between the object and its environment. Since aluminum conducts cold just as well as it conducts heat, it is continously drawing the cold away from the middle of the pan, where the ice is, and speading outwards. This is why the sides of the pan get cold, eventhough the ice has never touched them. Because the cold is being drawn to the sides the bottom of the pan where the ice is setting is not becoming almost as cold as the ice - the temperature difference is greater, and the ice melts faster. When you have a piece of ice sitting on something else - a plate, a countertop, a cheaper piece of cookware, the material isn't as conductive and cools down to near the temperature of the ice. Therefore there is a smaller temperature difference and the ice melts slower

You have a cube on a plate and one in a piece of cookware. The ice cube melts faster in the cookware than anything else because the cookware distributes the heat evenly, ie faster cooking, more even cooking. Its also a good time to make the point that you can defrost meat safer and faster in one of the pans than in the fridge or countertop. Wow! I guess I do know something about the cookware!:eek:

Take the Show on a Field TripSo, most shows are not in the kitchen right? I have started taking the group on a "field trip" to the kitchen! (No permission slips required!) It breaks up the show, and let's everyone move around! I usually do the garlic pull apart bread as a quick cookware demo. If I don't have time or that doesn't go with menu (I personally believe garlic bread goes with EVERYTHING!), I also bring the double burner griddle. I turn on both burners while I'm talking. I have a kitchen spritzer with WATER in it, and after the griddle heats up, I talk about the spritzer, then spray over each burner and in the MIDDLE. It's a very effective demo of how even our cookware distributes the heat. The "oohs" and "ahhhs" when the sizzle and steam is the same in all three spots it awesome!

This is also the time I talk a lot about host benefits (half offs especially) and the booking benefit! I had a January host who was able to get 4 pieces of cookware at 60% off because of bookings!!!

ice cube demoMy understanding is that the purpose of this demo is NOT that the ice cube melts quickly, it's what the bottom of the pan feels like. It will be ice cold.

When I do this demo, I explain that it demonstrates how quickly heat (or in this case, cold) is conducted through the pan. I tell them "I think you'll appreciate that I'm passing a cold pan rather than a hot one".

why the ice melts so fastWhen you are showing the ice cube in the cookware, you are demonstrating the even heat distribution. Just like the cold travels so quickly through the pan and up the sides, that is what it will do for you on the stove.

If you want to show them how easy it is to clean, try this: take a slice of cheese and put it into the small saute pan and put it on a med/low heat. I do this while I am setting up for my demo. Then, just leave it there throughout your entire demo. Once you get done with your recipe and are talking about cookware, go and get the pan from the stove. The cheese will be melted and burnt. Take a spatula and show them how the cheese just SLIDES out of the pan! If you did that with a regular pan, you would be soaking it for two days to get it clean! (You can also do this with rice...leave it in till burnt and it flips right out of the pan.)

Something that I mention that is a personal experience is this: a few years ago my Mom bought me two NICE non-stick skillets. I took great care of them- used plastic or bamboo utensils, hand washed them, etc. Within ONE year of using them, they were no longer non-stick. The coating didn't chip off, it kind of just wore off till they didn't work at all. Now, I have had my small Prof. saute pan for going on three years, use it all of the time, and it looks BRAND NEW! And, if I ever felt like it wasn't like new, I CAN GET A NEW ONE!!!!

Always mention that you have tons of hosts book shows just to earn the cookware at half off. It is a great product at full price, and it is an amazing value at half price!

HTH

KellyTheChef said:
If you want to show them how easy it is to clean, try this: take a slice of cheese and put it into the small saute pan and put it on a med/low heat. I do this while I am setting up for my demo. Then, just leave it there throughout your entire demo. Once you get done with your recipe and are talking about cookware, go and get the pan from the stove. The cheese will be melted and burnt. Take a spatula and show them how the cheese just SLIDES out of the pan! If you did that with a regular pan, you would be soaking it for two days to get it clean! (You can also do this with rice...leave it in till burnt and it flips right out of the pan.)

HTH

I have done the "burnt cheese" thing also but I burn it AT HOME. That way I stink up my house and not my hosts. I put the cheese in a baggie and have them guess what it is. They can never believe that it is actually a slice of burnt cheese AND that it came out in one piece. Very effective :)

Word came down from HO a couple weeks ago that if you burn cheese on the new Exec cookware, it will leave a brown mark on the cookware, and will NOT be covered under warranty. I'll stick with ice. :eek:

Pampered Laura said:
Word came down from HO a couple weeks ago that if you burn cheese on the new Exec cookware, it will leave a brown mark on the cookware, and will NOT be covered under warranty. I'll stick with ice. :eek:

??????

Who has heard this?

What about customers that burn something like that in there? Is it listed in the use and care card not to use cheese in it? LOL I am not trying to be a smart mouth (hope it doesn't come off like that) I am just trying to see it from a customer's point of view!

Thanks!

hey georgiapeach...my pc wont let me send you a private message so i was wondering when the cherry blossom festival was. I've got some family still left in macon and we used to go every year...please let me know...i'm dying to go again....thanks...you can e-mail me [email protected] to let me know if you don't want to post it on here....

I got that message from HO about the cheese demo leaving a brown mark on the Executive cookware too. Don't understand it though. This cookware is supposed to be even better than the Professional.

I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to talk about the cookware when the new came out. The Professional was supposed to be best on the market and then there's something better??

Well, I have been reading what PC has been saying about both, reading on forums like this one, watched the viedo from PC... I get it now! I will offer both cookware set as a win-win option.

Some people like the way one or the other looks.

Some already have some professional and will want to complete their sets. They can't be made to think that theirs isn't great now.

Some want the best technology out there.

I will continue bringing both saute pans so they can see the difference and make their own choice and talk about both as the best you can get. I also like to bring the executive small saucepan with lid to show the lid over the handle so if they have a pot rack they can see the benefit of that set...

We are so lucky to be able to offer the two best sets on the market!!

Beth...I just want you to know that thanks to you ALOT of my questions & problems have been solved. I know you are a Director & I hope all the people in your cluster appreciate you. I never go to my cluster meetings, because I feel it is a waste of time. My recruiter is just out for herself & my director is full of herself. I was going to send this private, but I'm sure there are alot of people here that feel the same way, so Hats off to you Beth & keep up the good work!!! Thank you so much....Ginger

Thank you Ginger! That's too sweet of you! :eek:

We are all here to share and learn from each other! I have learned a ton from others on this site too! We should be thanking Deb and Greg for creating the forum!!!

Just wanted to add a great idea...At KickOff, one of the Directors mentioned the following:

"I understand that you may look at the price of cookware and feel guilty spending that. I want you to think of this: Does your husband have lawn/gardening power tools? Now, your husband probably spent $200 on each of those tools that can only be used three months out of the year. When you buy our cookware, that same investment can be used year round to benefit the whole family."

I'm going to word it differently, but I liked the concept and just wanted to share it.

Anne - a very successful cookware selling director in my area sent this to me. She is very shy, but was able to get all the cookware through pan-o-rama by doing this...and an awesome paycheck for a $6000 month!!!Melody's tips for...TPC EXECUTIVE COOKWARE!I recited book like details in emails in feb and march. + first few shows...Hard anodized aluminum with titanium alloy30% stronger that other pop pansno out of round pans, lids fit4-6 gauge aluminumthick base, thin sides for fast and even cookingflared rims for drippless pouringsilicone handles heat resistant, slip free gripDupont Autograph 2 non-stick coating in and out for easy clean-up and cooking with less oilflat bottoms preventing food and oil from pooling on the edgesSignature medallion to show qualityLifetime guarantee against defectsGot lots of talking, not a lot of salesSo I started telling my story!I received a set of circulon cookware as gift.Within months non-stick was peeling offI hoped company would think that the gray flecks in their mashed potatoes were pepper.Thanks to Pan-o-rama, the dogs have a circulon dutch oven for their water dishTPC executive is not dishwasher safe, so for me to love them like I do...is a big deal!Reinforced with a titanium alloy. Lite but strong, like an airplane. So if you can't get your Chicago tickets, strap an engine on your double burner griddle and go!(Damage due to air flight is not included not included the guarantee!)Has a thick base and thin sides for fast even heating = instant gratification without going through the drive through!Has flared rim for dripless pouring, but if your hubby's cooking and spills or boils over...it's nonstick in and out for easy clean-up.Soft easy grip, heat resistant handle...again if hubby's is cooking he won't burn himself or drop dinner on the floor Lifetime guarantee so if your husband...scrambles eggs with a fork!WHO WANTS A SET TODAY!?!?! I WANT SOME BUT, TOO SPENDYSome ladies still can’t do it because we have a hard time justifying spending money on something for us.Lawn mower storyHow much was your husband’s last mower?Either you don’t know because he won’t say....ORYou have some great leverage for getting something you want!He mows 12-16 time per yearHow many times do you cook?eggs for breakfast, grilled cheese for lunch, spaghetti & sauce for dinner 4 cookware pieces per day x 365 days per year!Still can’t do it?Host a show and I can help you get the pieces that you want for 1/2 price or even FREE!CROSS-SELLSspiral nylon whisk for sauces and puddingScrapers I like better for scrambled eggs, safe to 650 degrees.RECIPESCream Puff dough &Rice krispie treats (clean pot with a towel wipe)Try an all cookware past host & VIP showcoupons, cookware recipes for app, meal, dessertguests help cook & clean up!

Thanks, Kate! This is great!

I also do the ice demo but I did hear of bringing your ice cream scoop with you. The ice thats on the plate, ask someone to hold the scoop and then place the ice from the plate on the scoop. The ice melts faster than on the plate as well. Now you can sell cookware and the scoop! lol

ice cube
Marg said:
Why do things melt? When there is a temperature difference between the object and its environment. Since aluminum conducts cold just as well as it conducts heat, it is continously drawing the cold away from the middle of the pan, where the ice is, and speading outwards. This is why the sides of the pan get cold, eventhough the ice has never touched them. Because the cold is being drawn to the sides the bottom of the pan where the ice is setting is not becoming almost as cold as the ice - the temperature difference is greater, and the ice melts faster. When you have a piece of ice sitting on something else - a plate, a countertop, a cheaper piece of cookware, the material isn't as conductive and cools down to near the temperature of the ice. Therefore there is a smaller temperature difference and the ice melts slower
Thanks for the info, that is a wonderful explaination of how to demo the cookware. I recieved my first piece tonight with the super starter month 1 kit. I can't wait to try that tomorrow!
Tina

1. What makes Pampered Chef cookware infomercials unique?

Pampered Chef cookware infomercials stand out because they showcase our high-quality products in action, demonstrating their versatility and durability. Our infomercials also feature real customers and consultants sharing their personal experiences and success stories with our cookware.

2. How do I effectively present Pampered Chef cookware in an infomercial?

To effectively present our cookware in an infomercial, it is important to highlight the unique features and benefits of each product. Use visuals and demonstrations to showcase the versatility of the cookware and how it can make cooking easier and more enjoyable for the viewer.

3. How can I make my Pampered Chef cookware infomercial stand out?

To make your infomercial stand out, focus on the specific benefits and solutions that our cookware offers. Use customer testimonials and show how our cookware has improved their cooking experience. Additionally, incorporating a special offer or promotion can also make your infomercial more enticing to viewers.

4. How can I effectively engage with viewers during a Pampered Chef cookware infomercial?

To engage with viewers, make sure to speak directly to them and address any potential concerns or questions they may have. Encourage viewers to interact with the infomercial by providing a call-to-action, such as visiting our website or calling a toll-free number to learn more about our cookware.

5. How can I measure the success of a Pampered Chef cookware infomercial?

The success of a cookware infomercial can be measured through various methods, such as tracking sales and website visits during and after the infomercial airs. Additionally, collecting customer feedback and monitoring social media engagement can also give insights into the effectiveness of the infomercial.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
marystell1
  • stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefrobin
  • Kathytnt
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies