• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Without a Recipe: A Challenge for Couples!

In summary, the hostess wants the couple to cook something without a recipe and then everyone will have to see and taste the results. The challenge is figuring out what to make and how to cook it. The suggestion is to use the Roaster to create a pasta dish with various toppings and ingredients, using different kitchen gadgets and tools to make it fun and interactive. The possibilities are endless and it will be a great opportunity for everyone to have fun and get creative in the kitchen.
scottcooks
Gold Member
HELP: Hostess wants couple to cook something w/o recipe then we all laugh at results?:confused: Really unsure of this - it seems harmless enough, but I have planned:

(1) "try me" pan demo with garlic pull-apart bread, and

(2) Turkey Cranberry wreaths.

She is counting on 20-24 in attendance - which should be AWESOME, but they "want something to really focus on the couple".

My problem with what she wants, is whatever concoction the couple comes up with - cake batter or cookie dough, that we bake, then has to cook and we have to see the results... Do I use stoneware for that? No - I'm already baking the wreaths (intertwined for wedding shower) on stone.

Help - I don't want to put down the couple - but I want to have fun! I'm meeting with the hostess & her sis tomorrow - what do YOU think?

Last edited:
How about something with BIG possibilities?Sorry Scott - I love giving ideas because they spark my own mind! But getting ready for conference and working extra hours left me to this time.
Use the Roaster! This way what ever it is can be huge, in a great $$$ Product and EASY to Clean if the "Thingy" takes on a life of its own.
Maybe suggest a pasta base then have a bunch of additional ingrediants from cheeses to pepperoni to sausage, olive oil, fresh basil to mushrooms, olives to prichutto (sp), whatever Italian!. (Good name for a show - Whatever Italian! The thing is you would still be controlling the recipe to a point so that it would be edible! And using a great product and all sorts the gadgets. Egg Slicer for the Mushrooms and olives pitted with an Olive Pitter. Knives to create a chiffanod(sp) of basil to put garnish the dish after it is cooked, maybe the Stir-Fry Skillet or the Family Skillet for the sausage. Cheese grater for Parmesan or Asiago, or nutmeg which is used in Itialian cooking alot, etc. Cutting boards, Hold 'N Slice, Oil Dipping Set, Food Chopper for onions. The limitation would be yours and theirs, imaginations!

Last edited:

Hi there! It sounds like the hostess wants to add a fun and interactive element to the party by having the couple cook something without a recipe. While it may be entertaining to see the results, it can also be a bit risky if the couple ends up making something that doesn't turn out well. Maybe suggest an alternative activity, such as a cooking competition where the couple has to come up with a dish using a set of mystery ingredients. That way, it's still interactive and fun, but there's less pressure on the couple to create something edible. Alternatively, you could also have the couple demonstrate a dish they are already comfortable making, but add a twist to it, like using unconventional ingredients. That way, it's still entertaining but there's less risk involved. Ultimately, the most important thing is to have fun and enjoy the company of friends and family. Good luck with your party planning!

Related to Cooking Without a Recipe: A Challenge for Couples!

What is "Cooking Without a Recipe: A Challenge for Couples!"?

"Cooking Without a Recipe: A Challenge for Couples!" is a fun and interactive cooking experience designed for couples. It challenges couples to cook a meal together without using a recipe, allowing them to enhance their teamwork and creativity in the kitchen.

Do I need to have cooking experience to participate in this challenge?

No, you do not need to have any prior cooking experience to participate. This challenge is designed for couples of all cooking levels to have fun and learn together in the kitchen.

What types of ingredients will be provided for the challenge?

We provide a variety of fresh and high-quality ingredients for the challenge, including proteins, vegetables, herbs, and spices. We also offer options for different dietary restrictions.

Will there be a trained chef to assist us during the challenge?

Yes, a trained Pampered Chef consultant will be present to guide and assist you throughout the challenge. They will also provide helpful tips and tricks for cooking without a recipe.

Can we bring our own ingredients for the challenge?

Unfortunately, we do not allow participants to bring their own ingredients for the challenge. However, we do offer customization options for dietary restrictions or allergies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Liquid Sky
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Kimmie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies