• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking with the Fluted Stone: Benefits & Recipes!

In summary, the conversation includes discussions about using the fluted stone for cooking chicken, baked potatoes, and garlic parmesan pull-apart bread. There are also mentions of using the fluted pan for making meatloaf and fruitcake. Other participants share recipes and ideas for using the fluted pan, including adding liquor to cake mix and using the mini fluted stone for 12 minute cakes. There is also a mention of using the fluted pan for the stoneware promo and receiving the pan as a gift.
TinasKitchen
Hi,

I am borrowing the fluted stone for a recipe next week and wanted to share some other reasons the fluted is good. Here's what I have already

Great for cooking a chicken. Sit it on top of the piece in the middle, put your potatoes and carrots around it and bake it.
Question: Do you need to fill the little hole in the top of the flute? what temp you cook it at, etc.?

Baked potatoes. Set your potatoes around it and bake as you normally would.

Anyone have the Liquor cake recipe? I have to get that. I know its cake mix, your favorite liquor such as Baileys, sour cream and not sure what else. I'll try to find it and post it.

TIA

The post in the middle is closed, not open like a regular fluted pan so you don't have to worry about that.

I've also heard you can made a meatloaf in it, and then serve it with mashed potatoes in the middle.

Garlic Parmesan pull-apart bread is great in this as well.

HTH,

OOh rebecca maybe you just saved me a little. How do you make the garlic parmesan? any different from the pull aparts in the saute pan?

Thanks for the other info.

Here is the recipe! :D

Attachments

• Garlic Parmesan PullApart Bread.doc
    24 KB · Views: 410
There isn't a hole at the top of the fluted Stone!;) That is one reason the chicken roasts so nicely - it's roasting from the inside and outside at the same time! Here is how I make mine:
Slice 1 lemon in half. Using the UM - slice 1/2 of the lemon into thin slices, and cut the other half into quarters. Slice 2 garlic cloves w/ the UM. Place the lemon slices & garlic sliceds under the skin of the chicken, and stuff the rest of the lemon up into the chicken. Sprinkle Rosemary Seasoning Blend all over the outside of the chicken and set it up on the middle of the Stone. (so it looks like a dancing chicken!) fill the bottom of the stone w/ baby carrots and baby redskin potatoes - Roast at 400* for 10-15 minutes per pound, check w/ your meat thermometer in the thigh of the chicken to make sure the temp has reached 160* - let the chicken rest for 5-10 minutes before carving and serving.

Everyone I have served this to thinks it's the best roast chicken they have ever had!

Fluted pan recipesI pulled these from the files section on this website. There are many, many uses for the fluted cake pan. I know I sold several when I did the 12 minute cake demo. I know these files will really help you to decide what you may want to try on your next demo. Or at home! The crispy chicken is so yummy!!!
I have attached the files. Knock yourself out! And I didn't see that liquor recipe in the list but I'm sure if you just follow the instructions for any other cake it should work.
It would kind of be like adding vanilla extract or some other flavoring so if this is the usual cake recipe:
Cake Mix
16 oz. sour cream or pie filling or pudding mix
3 eggs
then you would just add a couple of teaspoons of your favorite liquor.
Debbie :D

Attachments

• Fluted Pan 12 minute cakes.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 353
  • fluted_pan_recipes.doc
    21 KB · Views: 321
  • MORE FLUTED PAN RECIPES.doc
    28 KB · Views: 396
  • Stoneware Fluted Pan Recipes2.doc
    83 KB · Views: 391
Thank you Debbie. Would've been good for me to check the files first! lol

Becky that chicken sounds fantastic!
Thanks!

WOW! I never would have thought of those things!!

Thanks Debbie! I just got this pan from the stoneware promo and haven't used it yet because I didn't know what to do with it!

Not many people will admit that they like fruitcake, but I do. And I love our fluted pan (regular or minis) for my homemade fruitcake. Which reminds me, I need to go get ingredients so it can age properly before Christmas. (It sits in brandy-soaked cheesecloth for a month.)

Will these 12 min. cakes go into the mini stone? Just wondering if the big took the same amount of mix as the big one. Thanks... those recipes sound awsome!!
Melissa

What are the benefits of cooking with the Fluted Stone?

There are several benefits to using the Fluted Stone for cooking. Firstly, it is made of stoneware which is known for its ability to distribute heat evenly, resulting in perfectly cooked dishes. Additionally, the fluted design of the stone allows for better air circulation, resulting in crispy crusts and evenly browned dishes. The stone also retains heat well, keeping your food warm for longer periods of time.

Is the Fluted Stone easy to clean?

Yes, the Fluted Stone is very easy to clean. It is dishwasher safe, but can also be easily cleaned by hand with warm water and mild soap. It is important to note that the stone should not be soaked in water for long periods of time, as this can cause it to crack.

What types of dishes can be made with the Fluted Stone?

The Fluted Stone is versatile and can be used to cook a variety of dishes. Some popular recipes include savory dishes like roasted vegetables, chicken pot pie, and quiches, as well as sweet treats like fruit tarts and apple crisps. The stone can also be used to bake bread and pizza.

Do I need to preheat the Fluted Stone before using it?

Yes, it is recommended to preheat the Fluted Stone before using it. This helps to ensure that the stone is evenly heated and your food will cook properly. Preheat the stone in the oven for 10-15 minutes before placing your food on it.

Can the Fluted Stone be used in the microwave?

No, the Fluted Stone is not recommended for use in the microwave. It is designed to be used in the oven and can withstand high temperatures. Using it in the microwave can cause the stone to crack or break.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pchockeymom
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • nikki70563
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
  • ChefPaulaB