• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Show Without Use of Kitchen

In summary, Lisa is deciding what to demo at her son's elementary school's cooking show. She is considering demos for the Cool Veggie Pizza, the Taffy Apple Pizza, the Dec. Hostess Specials, and the Potato Demo. She is also thinking about what to take and make or showcase for products.
knpfaff
Hi, everyone!

I have a fundraiser with my son's elementary school--approximately 500 students. After explaining all of the fundraiser options with the PTO, they decided to hold an evening cooking show for parents. I was surprised since their main concern is that they want to do something with the least amount of work for them.

I am very skeptical about the turnout for such a show so I am planning to also send home flyers with each student advertising 12 of my best-selling products for sale. It would cost entirely too much to send home a catalog or even a mini-catalog with each student! Of course, they're always welcome to browse the products online, too. I'm hoping to do this during the first two weeks of November so I'll be highlighting some great Christmas gift options like the Pizza Party Set and the Small Batter Bowl filled with a gift mix.

My question is this--what should I demo at the Cooking Show? I will not have access to the cafeteria--no oven, no microwave, no sink! :eek: But they still want a demo for some of the products. Any suggestions would REALLY be appreciated.

You could do something like the Cool Veggie Pizza, and bring the crust pre-baked. There's also a Taffy Apple Pizza in All The Best with a cookie crust, but I don't remember if you need a microwave to melt the caramel topping. A trifle would be another option.

What about just doing a potato demo? And then have something already made up off to the side?

This sounds very similar to what I'm having to decide for a local library fundraiser.

I'll be in children's room of library. No kitchen, no sink. I also will have NO idea on how many people will be attending either.

I'm thinking of bring 3 different desserts that I can put into 3 tiered stand and keeping them refilled. I'm going to showcase Dec. hostess specials and also try and sell the DCB. I might make something, just not sure what to show in that, because once it's gone it'll be gone and I'd have to make it at home and bring it with me.

I'm trying to decide what to take and make or showcase for products, but don't want to go over board either. Very small room to begin, but hoping for lots of people.

Lisa

A trifle demo with a prebaked cake, brownies or pound cake, layering it with milk/pudding that you whisk up and some nuts that you chop with the food chopper, etc. would work.

Yes, I can see that I definitely need to order a Trifle Bowl! Maybe my Director has one I can borrow...

Thanks for all the great ideas, everyone. You're a lot of help.

ChefForrester said:
I know this wasn't your main question, but I wanted to throw this in: Did you see this discussion and the accompanied flyer today? What a great idea to send home!
http://www.chefsuccess.com/f3/gift-sets-brochure-56653/

Thanks so much for directing me to this flyer. I'll have to consider the cost of paper and toner, but this would be a great way to showcase many products without using catalogs.

Do turtle candies - you heat chocolate, put over a pretzel and a cut caramel. Hotplate about $12 at Walmart

You could take veggies, garlic, and set up stations for people to try the chopper, madoline, garlic slicer/peeler. Last night at our cluster meeting we made salsa, you could make some up a head of time for people to eat, but then you could put the ingredients in the bowl and they could chop it up with the salad chopper.

My hubby just had a thought for library fundraiser.....we are doing all desserts.

My hubby suggested I make the Apple Crisp in the microwave at home before heading to town (which we live about 15-20 minutes away) and tell them when I made it and it should still be warm while serving.

He said that will sell DCB!!

Lisa

1. Can I still have a successful cooking show without a kitchen?

Yes, you absolutely can! Pampered Chef offers many products and recipes that are specifically designed for use outside of a traditional kitchen. We have grilling tools, electric skillets, and even no-bake dessert recipes that are perfect for hosting a cooking show without a kitchen.

2. Do I need any special equipment for a cooking show without a kitchen?

No, you don't need any special equipment. Our products are designed to be versatile and work in a variety of settings. However, we do recommend having a portable table or counter space to set up your cooking station, as well as a few basic kitchen tools like measuring cups and spoons.

3. How can I prepare for a cooking show without a kitchen?

First, choose a location with a flat surface and access to electricity, such as a patio or backyard. Next, decide on the menu and gather all necessary ingredients and tools. If you are using a grill or other outdoor cooking equipment, make sure it is clean and ready to use. Finally, set up your cooking station with your Pampered Chef products and get ready to impress your guests!

4. Can I still make popular Pampered Chef recipes without a kitchen?

Absolutely! Many of our top recipes, such as our famous Deep Dish Baker recipes, can easily be adapted for use without a kitchen. You can also check out our collection of no-bake recipes for delicious desserts that don't require any cooking at all.

5. Can I host a cooking show without a kitchen in the winter months?

Yes, you can! While outdoor cooking may not be ideal in colder weather, there are still plenty of options for hosting a cooking show without a kitchen. You can use a portable electric skillet or slow cooker inside, or even set up a grill in a covered outdoor area. Just make sure to dress warmly and have some hot cocoa on hand for your guests!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JessChambers
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JessChambers
  • lockhartkitchen