• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking in the DDB: Does Recipe Double?

In summary, the recipe from the old book (which was in the last season's best) completely fills the DDB. If you plan to use the DDB, you should probably just go with the original recipe.
jdavis
OK, I know there have been about a million discussions about this recipe and lazy me has yet to make this, but someone at work mentioned it here a while back and it was her bday yesterday and we are having a covered dish lunch friday so I figured I would make it. Well I knew the one that was in the last SB was to be made in the small oval baker so I just opened on another site the SB and TTD recipe that was posted in there and I wrote down all the ingredients and purchased double to make in the DDB. WELL I look at it now and it was the same recipe as was in the old stoneware book which was made in the DDB, they just uploaded the full old recipe instead of the new half one, ughh, so now my question is.....does the recipe from the old book the full recipe completely fill the DDB, or could I still double it? Or would it just be safer just to do the regular full recipe instead and I will have to make it again later? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I actually just double the recipe and put it in the regular size oval baker and it comes out perfect everytime. I don't think it matters what shape you put it in. I also put it in for the same amount of time.

But the original recipe before it was in the last season's best is a bigger recipe, that is the one that I want to know if I could double. I want to know how full the Original recipe is in the DDB.

Oh then I am not so sure. I used the one from the Seasons Best and just doubled that one. Sorry.

I had a host double the original recipe and put it in the Rectangle Baker. Do you have that? Otherwise, I would be willing to bet that if you plan to use the DDB, you should probably just go with the original recipe. PC is usually pretty good about using the proper size dish with a recipe, I'd hate to see it not work out for you! Good luck! I'm sure it will be a hit, that is a great recipe. :D

I might just have to do that Jen, I have the 9x13, and since DH is now working nights I might just have to make him pop it in the oven and then bring it up to work before lunch. Otherwise I will just make one of the original batch, decisions decisions.

If you make it (the double batch) they will eat it. . .mmmmmm good stuff!

chefjeanine said:
If you make it (the double batch) they will eat it. . .mmmmmm good stuff!

"If you build it, they will come!"....
Sorry, I couldn't resist! I live 50 miles from where Field of Dreams was filmed. You made me think of that! :p
And you're right, if you make it, they WILL eat it! :D

If there is a microwave at work that is big enough for the 9 x 13 just make it in the microwave instead of having your DH cook it at home and bring it in.

All you need to do is heat it up enough to melt the cheese and it only takes about 5 - 10 minutes depending on the microwave...

Hope that helps!

The original recipe does pretty much fill the DDB. (it was in More Stoneware Sensations) I can't believe you haven't made this Julie! This is one of my all time faves:)

If you're doing the version with one 16 oz. can of beans (or 2 small bean dips), it fits nicely in the DDB. If you're using one small bean dip, it fits in the Small Oval. For more details, check out the stoneware capacities in the catalog.

chefjenibel said:
"If you build it, they will come!"....
Sorry, I couldn't resist! I live 50 miles from where Field of Dreams was filmed. You made me think of that! :p
And you're right, if you make it, they WILL eat it! :D

I was hoping someone would get my inference. :rolleyes:

One of the great movies of our time.

That was the first thing that I thought of when I read that one also, lol.

I have decided to just make one in the DDB (for the lunch) and one in the small oval (for my group). I will still have ingredients left over, but oh well, it will definately get eaten in this house, lol.

lacychef said:
The original recipe does pretty much fill the DDB. (it was in More Stoneware Sensations) I can't believe you haven't made this Julie! This is one of my all time faves:)
Now for this one, who is Julie??? LOLOLOL

OMG! I am so sorry Jennifer....there's a gal in my cluster named Julie Davis:) Ooops, my bad; please forgive me!

LOL, I just couldn't resist Lacy.I ended up doing a double batch of the one for the DDB, I put part of it in the small oval, and the rest in the DDB and it was ALL GONE. We had tacos last night for dinner and I didn't make this up until after dinner and we had leftover meat so I threw that in there also. I was kinda' miffed cuz there are 8 people in our little group and I asked someone to bring chips and I would bring the dip and lots of them brought chips in case the one that I emphasized to bring some since he never brings anything just for the heck of it to share, lol. Anyway, I warmed it up just before break time (the small version) and another guy got a bowl and took HALF the friggin dip! I thought it was very rude since there are 7 others that were supposed to share this, but I promised since they all brought chips that I would make it again for Monday, lol, but it will be minus the taco meat.

Related to Cooking in the DDB: Does Recipe Double?

1. Can I double the recipe if it calls for baking soda or baking powder?

Yes, you can double the recipe if it calls for baking soda or baking powder. Just make sure to double the amount of leavening agent as well. This will ensure that your dish rises properly.

2. Do I need to adjust the cooking time if I double the recipe?

In most cases, you will need to adjust the cooking time if you double the recipe. As a general rule, you should increase the cooking time by 25-30%. However, the best way to determine the exact cooking time is to check the dish periodically and use a thermometer to ensure it reaches the appropriate internal temperature.

3. Can I double a recipe that includes fresh herbs?

Yes, you can double a recipe that includes fresh herbs. Just make sure to adjust the amount of herbs accordingly. For example, if the original recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of chopped herbs, you will need to use 2 tablespoons when doubling the recipe.

4. How do I double a recipe that includes eggs?

When doubling a recipe that includes eggs, it's important to beat the eggs in a separate bowl and then add them to the doubled recipe. This will ensure that the eggs are evenly distributed throughout the dish. You may also need to adjust the cooking time, as dishes with a higher egg content may take longer to cook.

5. Can I double a recipe that includes dairy?

Yes, you can double a recipe that includes dairy. Just make sure to use the appropriate amount of dairy for the doubled recipe. For example, if the original recipe calls for 1 cup of milk, you will need to use 2 cups when doubling the recipe. Also, keep in mind that doubling a recipe may result in a longer cooking time, as the dish will have a higher volume to cook through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
otisbg
  • SandyG
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cwinter474
  • chefannie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies