• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Crowd-Pleasing Chicken Taco Salad Recipe?

In summary, to make Cool Crunchy Chicken Tacos, you will need tortillas, chicken, taco seasoning, lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro, avocado, sour cream, salsa, and lime wedges. The chicken is cooked in the oven with taco seasoning and then shredded. These tacos can also be made vegetarian by substituting the chicken with a protein of your choice. They can be made ahead of time and served as a taco bar for a crowd.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Someone posted that they made this into a salad to serve a group rather than the tacos. Thought it was in the SB recipe thread but cannot find it. Anyone mind sharing again?

I always turn my leftovers into a salad. I just put the chicken and mango mixture over a bed of lettuce. Doesn't really need dressing because of the juice from the manos and jicama. I like it better like that :)

We did this at our cluster meeting last night. We layered it in the Trifle Bowl: half the romaine, half the chicken, half the jicama/mango mixture and repeat. Then the avocados on top, drizzled the rest of the mayo mixture on top of that, and topped it with some broken up taco shells.

All SB recipes are behind consultants corner under the recipe tab.

DebbieJ said:
All SB recipes are behind consultants corner under the recipe tab.

I think she was just asking about changes made to serve it as a salad instead of as tacos - not asking for the recipe.

ChefBeckyD said:
I think she was just asking about changes made to serve it as a salad instead of as tacos - not asking for the recipe.

Oops, I misread what she was asking for.

wadesgirl said:
Someone posted that they made this into a salad to serve a group rather than the tacos. Thought it was in the SB recipe thread but cannot find it. Anyone mind sharing again?

That was me... :)

I just layered it... lettuce, chicken mixture, mango jicima mixture then drizzled extra sauce. Serve with tortilla chips or even crushed chips to sprinkle on top. Soooo GOOD!

Thanks! I'm making it for our cluster meeting on Saturday!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Cool Crunchy Chicken Tacos?

To make Cool Crunchy Chicken Tacos, you will need:

• 8 taco-sized flour tortillas
  • 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 1 packet of taco seasoning mix
  • 1 cup shredded lettuce
  • 1 cup shredded cheese
  • 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
  • 1/4 cup diced red onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
  • 1 avocado, sliced
  • 1/4 cup sour cream
  • 1/4 cup salsa
  • 1 lime, cut into wedges

2. How do I cook the chicken for these tacos?

To cook the chicken, preheat your oven to 375°F. Place the chicken breasts on a baking sheet and sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through. Let the chicken cool for a few minutes, then shred it using two forks.

3. Can I make these tacos vegetarian?

Yes, you can easily make these tacos vegetarian by substituting the chicken with your choice of protein, such as tofu or black beans. You can also add in extra veggies like bell peppers or corn for added flavor and texture.

4. Can I make these tacos ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare all the ingredients for these tacos ahead of time and assemble them when ready to serve. However, for the best texture and crunch, it is recommended to assemble the tacos just before serving.

5. What is the best way to serve these tacos for a crowd?

For a crowd, it is best to set up a taco bar with all the ingredients so that each person can assemble their own tacos. This allows for customization and ensures that everyone gets the perfect Cool Crunchy Chicken Taco. You can also double or triple the recipe to accommodate a larger group.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KCPChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
Replies
Views
Staci