• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking & Hosting: A Challenge of Time!

In summary, Becky is having a cooking show on Dec 10th and a Premier Jewerly Party on the 11th. She will need to provide snacks for both events. However, she will only have time to work her 8-5 job on the 10th and then get home around 9-9:30. She will work her 8-5 on the 11th and then get home around 5:45 for her jewerly party.
PCSarahjm
I scheduled a cooking show Dec 10th(last minute and change of dates) and then I am having a Premier Jewerly Party on the 11th. I will need to provide snacks for the jewerly party. Here is the problem....TIME! I will workmy8-5 job on the 10th go to my cooking show directly after work. Be home around 9-9:30. Work my 8-5 on the 11th and get home around 5:45 my jewerly party is at 6:30:eek: :eek: . What could I possible prepare in such a short time period plus tidy up my house???

Do you mean January 10 and 11?

Sorry - just had to be a stinker about it. ;)

You could do a prep-ahead snack, like the Profiterole Puffs. They freeze well, and all you'd need to do would be to take them out and let them thaw. The recipe is on CC, in the theme show archive. They're easy and delicious.

See I am already stressing about it! Yes it is Jan. 10 and 11.
Thanks Ann for pointing that out to me.

That is when I stop at the grocers deli on the way home and pick up some cheeses and crackers....a nice veggie tray, and some kind of dessert - and then re-plate it all onto SA pieces.:D

Actually, that's a great idea! And what I'd probably do, too. (I'm so lazy.) As long as it's fresh, nobody cares if it's homemade.

ChefBeckyD said:
That is when I stop at the grocers deli on the way home and pick up some cheeses and crackers....a nice veggie tray, and some kind of dessert - and then re-plate it all onto SA pieces.:D

Becky I had already thought about that and might still do it. Are local HyVee has a great selection in the deli including dips and cheese balls. I just thought someone might have a quick creative recipe for me to try!!!

You can also put together a dip (like Touchdown Taco Dip) that you can refrigerate and then heat to serve.

I like Ann's idea about the Profiterole Puffs. I made them ahead for New Year's Eve and they really do freeze & thaw well.

How about using the Dill and/or Southwest seasonings to make dips. Then just buy chips or pretzels.

The Brie is also so very easy. Pre-mix the apricot and jalepeno and keep in a prep bowl, pre-chop the pecans and pre-slice the bread. It takes just minutes to throw together.

An easy (non-PC recipe) is a cold spinach dip (on the back of the Knorr veggie soup box). It can easily be done a day or so ahead.

Good Luck!

1. How can I save time while cooking and hosting?

One way to save time while cooking and hosting is by meal planning and prepping ahead of time. This can include chopping vegetables, marinating meats, and measuring out ingredients in advance. Using kitchen gadgets and tools, such as a slow cooker or instant pot, can also help save time in the kitchen.

2. What are some easy and quick dishes to prepare for a party?

Some easy and quick dishes to prepare for a party include appetizers like bruschetta, cheese and cracker platters, and veggie trays. For main dishes, consider making a large batch of chili or soup, or setting up a build-your-own taco or pasta bar for guests to customize their own meals.

3. How can I make hosting less stressful?

To make hosting less stressful, delegate tasks to friends and family. Assign someone to bring a side dish or dessert, or ask for help with setting up and cleaning up. It's also important to not try and do everything yourself - focus on a few key dishes or tasks and let go of perfectionism.

4. What are some tips for keeping food warm during a party?

To keep food warm during a party, consider using chafing dishes or keeping dishes in a warm oven. You can also use a slow cooker or warming tray to keep food at a desired temperature. It's also helpful to serve hot dishes in smaller portions and replenish them as needed.

5. How can I make sure all my guests' dietary restrictions are accommodated?

To accommodate dietary restrictions, it's important to communicate with your guests beforehand and ask about any allergies or dietary preferences. Consider having a variety of options, such as vegetarian or gluten-free dishes, and labeling them accordingly. You can also ask guests to bring a dish that fits their dietary needs to ensure everyone has something to eat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • HealthNut
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
HealthNut
  • Mariaandcassy
  • Products and Tips
Replies