• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Carrots with the Universal Mixer: Tips & Tricks

In summary, the author is having a hard time adjusting to the UM and is considering returning to the USG. The author also uses the DCG for shredding carrots and recommends using fat carrots to help them hold up.
DeeDee616
i have to say i am having a hard time with the UM....i was very use to the slice and grate. How do i do carrots in the UM? I watched the video with the zucinni is that how you do the carrots? You'd have to find some very think carrots, and what about shreading the cartts? Thanks!

Danielle - I have never done carrots in the UM - but I do know that it took me a while to get used to the UM over the USG - I actually am a huge fan of the Forged Cutlery and use them for carrots - less clean up and works great - also love the crinkle cutter for carrots - shredding, hmm maybe then it would work for you -

PamperedDor said:
Danielle - I have never done carrots in the UM - but I do know that it took me a while to get used to the UM over the USG - I actually am a huge fan of the Forged Cutlery and use them for carrots - less clean up and works great - also love the crinkle cutter for carrots - shredding, hmm maybe then it would work for you -

I use the DCG for shredding carrots - I throw a handful of baby carrots with the large-holed barrel

Carolyn - when shredding the carrots do you use the larger hole grater?

I cheat and buy them shredded already - lol

PamperedDor said:
Carolyn - when shredding the carrots do you use the larger hole grater?

I cheat and buy them shredded already - lol

Yep - the large hole barrel. I do the Sizzling Coconut Shrimp Cakes a lot - they're yummy...and I shred carrots in the DCG for that.

Ok - thanks -

OT - since you are in Wave 1 and so am I - and Ann started a thread on Wave 3 having a meet and greet - think we should too??

Never mind - Crystal started one for Wave 1 -

Ok - back to carrots!!

PamperedDor said:
Never mind - Crystal started one for Wave 1 -

Ok - back to carrots!!

LOL - just posted over there...

dannyzmom said:
LOL - just posted over there...
Te He - Looks like we could be trouble together!!;) - great minds - :rolleyes:

I have been using the UM for carrots with the One Pot Pasta, but I think next time I am going to switch back to Forged Cutlery. It is hard with carrots b/c they are so thin. I don't have a problem with other things, but the carrots haven't been a great experience. I have had many guests say they would just rather use a knife.

I used the wavey blade for the carrots. It worked ok but I had to really scrub the white part of the UM afterwards to get all the orange off. I just don't like the UM... I keep using it though, my cluster-mates have told me I will learn to love it.

I'm with Jolene. I did the same thing and I can't get the orange off my UM.

Soft Scrub with bleach will take the orange off.When I use the UM for carrots for a show (I'm too lazy to pull it out for at home), I try to use fat carrots, and I cut them into 2-3" pieces and jam 3-4 of them on the prongs. Then they hold each other up.

PamperedDor said:
Te He - Looks like we could be trouble together!!;) - great minds - :rolleyes:

<<Snicker snicker>> I was just thinking the same thing - LOL

Related to Cooking Carrots with the Universal Mixer: Tips & Tricks

1. How do I adjust the speed when using the Universal Mixer to cook carrots?

The speed can be adjusted by turning the knob on the Universal Mixer to the desired setting. Lower speeds are recommended for cooking carrots to prevent them from becoming too mushy.

2. Can I use the Universal Mixer to chop carrots for cooking?

Yes, the Universal Mixer can be used to chop carrots. Simply attach the chopping blade and pulse the mixer until the carrots are chopped to the desired size.

3. How long does it take to cook carrots using the Universal Mixer?

Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of the carrots, as well as the desired level of tenderness. On average, it takes about 10-15 minutes to cook carrots using the Universal Mixer.

4. Can I steam carrots with the Universal Mixer?

Yes, the Universal Mixer can be used to steam carrots. Simply add a small amount of water to the mixing bowl, place the carrots in the steamer attachment, and turn on the mixer. Steam for about 10 minutes or until the carrots are tender.

5. Can I use the Universal Mixer to make mashed carrots?

Yes, the Universal Mixer can be used to mash cooked carrots. Simply add the cooked carrots to the mixing bowl and use the paddle attachment to mash them to the desired consistency. You can also add in other ingredients like butter or spices for added flavor.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DessertDivaFL
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • momoftwins
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedmomto3