• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Really Want to Love the Mandoline...

In summary, the mandoline is a tricky tool to use and it is not practical for most people to use. The blades can be difficult to use and the mandoline is not as good of a quality as other kitchen tools.
Every time I try it, my slices of veggies are paper thin. I have adjusted the blade back and forth, and there's not much difference. Is there a way to make them thicker? I can practically see through my slices. If they were thicker I'd use it a lot more.

I made the BIG mistake of trying to cut lemons with it AT A SHOW w/o practicing at home and just got embarassed. Thank you for all who posted that practice makes perfect. I will do that and give it another chance and not throw it against the wall anymore...

Tanoi said:
Every time I try it, my slices of veggies are paper thin. I have adjusted the blade back and forth, and there's not much difference. Is there a way to make them thicker? I can practically see through my slices. If they were thicker I'd use it a lot more.
The V-shaped blade cuts thicker than the adjustable blade.

I don't think it's an experience thing, I never cooked much before PC and owned both the USG and UM. I like the UM better because it's safer but it's always in my car so I will pull out the USG once in a while, just use it very carefully. It can take some time to get used to it. Watch the video and try it again yourself.

Then as soon as I got home I got out a lime to try it again, and it worked prefectly!! ARGH!

This has happened to me at 3 shows. Limes & tomatoes slice perfectly for me at home, every time. So, I know how to use the UM. It just betrays me at shows.

Now, I don't use the UM at a show unless it's a potato or apple.

<h2>1. How do I prevent tomatoes from turning into mush when using the mandoline?</h2><p>To prevent tomatoes from turning into mush, make sure to use a very sharp blade and slice the tomatoes slowly and steadily. You can also try chilling the tomatoes in the fridge before slicing them.</p><h2>2. Can you provide some tips for selling the mandoline?</h2><p>One tip for selling the mandoline is to demonstrate its versatility and various uses to potential customers. You can also highlight its features such as its adjustable thickness settings and interchangeable blades.</p><h2>3. What are some other ways to use the mandoline besides slicing and grating vegetables?</h2><p>The mandoline can also be used to slice fruits, cheese, and even make homemade potato chips. It can also be used to julienne vegetables for salads or stir-fries.</p><h2>4. How can I improve my skills and confidence in using the mandoline?</h2><p>Practice makes perfect! Keep practicing with different types of fruits and vegetables to improve your skills and confidence. You can also watch tutorials or ask for tips from more experienced consultants.</p><h2>5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using the mandoline?</h2><p>Yes, it is important to always use the hand guard provided with the mandoline to protect your fingers from the sharp blade. Make sure to also read the instruction manual carefully before using the mandoline. </p>

1. How do I prevent tomatoes from turning into mush when using the mandoline?

To prevent tomatoes from turning into mush, make sure to use a very sharp blade and slice the tomatoes slowly and steadily. You can also try chilling the tomatoes in the fridge before slicing them.

2. Can you provide some tips for selling the mandoline?

One tip for selling the mandoline is to demonstrate its versatility and various uses to potential customers. You can also highlight its features such as its adjustable thickness settings and interchangeable blades.

3. What are some other ways to use the mandoline besides slicing and grating vegetables?

The mandoline can also be used to slice fruits, cheese, and even make homemade potato chips. It can also be used to julienne vegetables for salads or stir-fries.

4. How can I improve my skills and confidence in using the mandoline?

Practice makes perfect! Keep practicing with different types of fruits and vegetables to improve your skills and confidence. You can also watch tutorials or ask for tips from more experienced consultants.

5. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using the mandoline?

Yes, it is important to always use the hand guard provided with the mandoline to protect your fingers from the sharp blade. Make sure to also read the instruction manual carefully before using the mandoline.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • alustizanicole
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
adgal27
Replies