• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant Stealing Bridal Registry Sales

In summary, the other consultant convinced some people at the shower to not use the registry and to instead purchase from her. This caused the bride to lose out on rewards and sales from the registry.
scarlinipc said:
Also, please realize that if this was a small amount of product, I really wouldn't care but this was $2,000.00 worth of product that I spent hours and hours working to get. And $2,000 is more than or close to what most of us have in sales for a whole month.

I agree $2000 is a lot, and that is A LOT of host benefits. If the person on the registry did not know this happened, she did lose out on a lot!

I hope you get some resolution and get the support you need.

As to the comment that this is a family/personality thing, this is a BUSINESS thing. There may not be laws, but there are ethics. If she feels like she can't approach the consultant by herself her director should get involved. If for nothing else, to be the NON-BIASED third party mediating and note-taking.

She may have gotten $2000 in sales, but where will her business take her if she runs it that way. It's all about the customer not us (yes, I know we're in it to make money or product, but they are the CUSTOMERS).

End of soapbox....have a good night...

finley1991 said:
Shame on your director! She should do a three-way call with all of you at least to get it out in the open so everyone is clear about what happened here. Good luck and keep us posted with what happens. :)

finley1991, in what way does this constitute running your own business, having a director fight your battles for you?

I agree this whole situation sux and that your director could have handled it better. I personally think that our directors are there to help us with our business and listen to our vents and help us find a solution. If this consultant would have been on another team she probably would have been on that phone to her director. Your director should talk to the other consultant and get her side of the story. If she finds that something was unethically done (and it does sound like there was) that she should have a talk with the other consultant that this is not acceptable.

I would still talk to the other consultant as well. She said that she was going to try to get the bride her registry rewards. Is she putting this all in as a party and giving the host all of the benefits? Why don't you contact the mother and let her know that there is no way for the bride to get the registry benefits unless the items are purchased off of the registry?

Nikki, so not to hijack because this is a serious topic, but your new avatar is soooo stinkin' cute! I was ROTFL when I saw it!

Okay ~ Hi-jack over.

kspry said:
finley1991, in what way does this constitute running your own business, having a director fight your battles for you?

Ugh, are you my director incognito?? Sounds just like her... :(

A director doesn't fight your battles for you, but she does stand up for you when someone on HER team does something unethical to you. At least a good director would. Now you and my director, well, you can have fun doing whatever it is you do...:yuck:

kspry said:

I don't think the director should get involved to "fight her battle", but definitely to facilitate a discussion about what happened.

WowWow so are you saying that this consultant stole the host rewards from your friend (bride)? If she did that is really unethical and the bride should be told immediately about what happened. I would definitely call her up and in detail explain what happened and tell her about the hundreds of dollars in free products that were pretty much stolen from her. I mean the other consultant said, she would try to get her some free products, that's a lie!! We don't try to get some products, all the products go to the host. And I suggest you talk to the mother too, who might be ignorant of the host benefits and would probably be upset, even if she is a distant relative.

This might get that consultant in a lot of trouble and maybe they can call HO and complain just like you did. Usually it seems when customers call to complain, HO will listen more attentively than if it's us. LOL

And we never suggested that her director fight her battles but being part of a "team" means that everyone in that "team" be treated with respect and consideration. The fact the director didn't want to get involved is sad. She has an obligation to her "team" members to make sure that everyone is treated fairly, true she can't control all the consultants but when one steps out of line, she should step in and find out what happened to try to resolve the problem. That's what I would do.

Debbie :D

I agree with the director thing. I know if it were my Director, she would've done more than basically blow it off. I know there's not a lot she could do but more could've been done KWIM? And someone else pointed out that had it been a consultant (not in the cluster), the Director would've probably been a lot more upset.

Nothing new to add (I do agree with Debbie), but just gotta say...

Mean people suck!:mad:

katie0128 said:
Nothing new to add (I do agree with Debbie), but just gotta say...

Mean people suck!:mad:

ROTFL!!! I agree!

But, there is a verse about praying for our enemies.....:angel:

Yes, I completely agree... oh, and just to make sure that everyone is on the same page with this... that verse DOESN'T mean to pray that they step in front of a fast moving bus or a rogue piano falls from the sky and squishes them into the sidewalk... regardless of how much we would like for that to happen!

cathyskitchen said:
Ugh, are you my director incognito?? Sounds just like her... :(

A director doesn't fight your battles for you, but she does stand up for you when someone on HER team does something unethical to you. At least a good director would. Now you and my director, well, you can have fun doing whatever it is you do...:yuck:

It's unethical to ask your family to support you in PC? Even after a family member registered as a PC bride elsewhere?

I'm not a director, and I wouldn't want to deal with this mishmash.

Maybe my niece doesn't know I do PC. She books a show with her friends from college. Me, the aunt, steps in, when I get an invite. You bet your bippy she better book with me.

kspry said:
It's unethical to ask your family to support you in PC? Even after a family member registered as a PC bride elsewhere?

Maybe my niece doesn't know I do PC. She books a show with her friends from college. Me, the aunt, steps in, when I get an invite. You bet your bippy she better book with me.

And that is why I think a good director DOES step in... not to "solve" anything or to "repremand" anyone as a boss would... but to be a mediator and let each person have their say in an adult, professional environment. If the other consultant was actually trying to steal business, then a few words about ethics would be appropriate. But regardless, I do think it is in the director's best interest (and included in that is the interest of her team) to at least FACILITATE a talk between everyone involved.

Unethical
kspry said:

It's unethical for this distant cousin to lie to the bride and mother about the show free products. She kept them for herself. She didn't give them anything and kept the commission too. She thought the gifts they bought for the bride was enough, but it is unethical. The bride should have gotten both! It's great to have shows with family members! I am all for it! But that's really up to the person to decide. They might want to have a show with a good friend instead. I am ok with that. My success doesn't depend on one relative having a show!

Debbie :D

katie0128 said:
And that is why I think a good director DOES step in... not to "solve" anything or to "repremand" anyone as a boss would... but to be a mediator and let each person have their say in an adult, professional environment. If the other consultant was actually trying to steal business, then a few words about ethics would be appropriate. But regardless, I do think it is in the director's best interest (and included in that is the interest of her team) to at least FACILITATE a talk between everyone involved.

This is what I agree with.

On a side note, yes, in a way it was family, but a distant cousin of the mother that didn't even remember her name???:confused: Even if that was the case, maybe the consultant (for the sake of not stepping on any toes) should've told her it was family that didn't know she did PC or something. The whole thing sounds rather "underhanded."

I woke up thinking about this, so I guess I haven't said my piece yet!

Do a Host Lookup on the website to see if your bride recently "hosted" another show (much to her surprise, I'm sure.) If so, realize the sales were less because the consultant did give her the rewards. I mean, it still sucks, but it would be a $1000 to $1500 show instead of $2000 if that makes it easier to swallow and you'd know that the "FREE" product just meant less sales for you.

Since the registries can stay open up to a year after the wedding, have your bride update her registry with items from the new Fall catalog. (You indicated a two-week lag having your director respond, so I know that bride must have selected items from the spring/summer catalog.) You still might get additional sales from this registry. Let go of what was lost since there's no way to get it back anyway.

I agree that you need to talk to the other consultant. If she's been in business 6 months, she should know better. Ask your director to mediate a call so that there is an "objective" third party involved. If she refuses to take the time to work this issue out, then let your director know that dishonest work should not be rewarded and that you will make this a public matter at the next cluster meeting if she honors this consultant for having high sales because other consultants on your team need to know that her success may be at their expense. Since other people have mentioned the way Christians are supposed to act (I don't know if you are one or not), I'll say that this is the Biblical approach...private confrontation, confrontation with a few witnesses, and then, if there's no repentance, public confrontation.

kspry said:

I NEVER said that her director should fight her battle for her... if I did, please quote me. What I did say is that the director should facilitate a 3-way call to help the two clear the air... how is that fighting it for her? Or fighting for either one for that matter.

In our director agreement we sign we agree to help our consultant's with their businesses... that means the good and the bad. I am under the impression that the director is telling the consultant who was wronged to let it go and in my eyes that's not right. Doris Christopher founded this company on integrity and it's all of our jobs to uphold that standard.

We are in business for ourselves and not by ourselves... that's always been known and sometimes others need help.

kspry said:

Maybe my niece doesn't know I do PC. She books a show with her friends from college. Me, the aunt, steps in, when I get an invite. You bet your bippy she better book with me.[/QUOTE]

I don't think we ever have the right to decide who "our" customers or family members should book with. Sometimes, they'd rather support a friend's consultant or simply prefer someone else. It's the nature of the business. I'm hoping the reason "she better book" with you is because you are the better consultant who can assist her in earning the most free and discounted product.

scarlinipc said:
Thank you all for your support and ideas.

Just to make a few things clear, the bride is the one who set up the registry and I did NOT cancel it on her mother's word.

Secondly, the bride does NOT even know the other consultant or that any of this even took place. If she did, I am sure that she would be on my side since we have known each other for quite a few years. (I don't know that you can call us friends but we are certainly more than acquantinces - she is my daughters godmothers good friend that I run into rather often being close to my daughters godmother). The other consultant is a distant cousin to the mother of the bride. So distant that the mother was not even sure of her last name.

In regards to some of you saying that this is not my directors responsibility, I totally disagree. What if this happened at my "normal" job or anyone else's for that matter? Isn't it the "bosses" job to make sure things run smoothly and like someone else said, the director is definately reaping the benefits of my sales.

And also to be clear, the other consultant went out of her way to make it sound as if purchasing through her instead of the registry would be much better for the bride. She told them that she would see what she could do to hand over all the host rewards to the bride which we all know is simply impossible because you can not submit a show without submitting the hosts rewards as well. I am guessing that she got herself a whole bunch of free stuff and all the incentives for a newbee weren't quite enough.

In regards to her being "new" - she has been active since at least March. She is not that "new". She clearly new better.

I am definately considering trying the hospitality director thing though. My director has been pretty lame from the beginning. I did not actually join with her but with another consultant that was below her but not too involved in recruiting. I approached her and was the first person to do so and she had at that time been with PC for 7 years or so.

Either way, I am furious and think that this whole thing is - I can't even say being handled poorly because it is not being handled at all.

Thanks again for all of your input.

ScarliniPC, all I want to say is thank you for this part because I know for me at least it cleared up some of my questions that I had about exactly what went on. I do agree with the idea of having her update her registry to include the new fall products.

kspry said:

It's not unethical to ask family to support you, but if a family member already went with someone else and they did work, then you don't step in and "claim" all their stuff because you just happen to be related.

If your niece doesn't know you do PC and you got an invite...you politely decline or if you want to attend have her let the consultant know you sell PC. You tell her to go ahead and have a great time, and to please consider you for any of her future shows. It is up to the customer, relative or not who they choose to buy from.

If my aunt suddenly started selling for a DS company where I already had purchased for years, I would have to think twice before switching to her (relative or not) because I already have a relationship with my consultant for X years...maybe that consultant is a close friend and maybe my aunt lives elsewhere...

I'm sorry, but I respectfully disagree with the "you bet your bippy". It sounds pushy and demanding and taking advantage of family instead of letting your work, your advertising, your ethics speak for you.

JMHO...

I agree with Debbie!!! This Bride was probably cheated out of her free products. I just had a Bridal Shower and the Bride got $300 in free product and it wasn't even a $2000 show like that one. I hope they can do something for you too. That was a lot of money you lost out on.

Please don't give up on PC. Find a new Hospitality Director, and keep bugging HO. They need to do something about this!!

kspry said:

What?? Of course you ask your family and friends for help when you are just starting your business. But, if someone in your family decides to go with another consultant (possibly because they don't even know you are selling PC), you NEVER steal them away just because you're family!!! That's just ridiculous to even speculate. I think you're just trying to "stir the pot" here, or maybe you're the consultant who stole ScarliniPC's sales?? Hmmm :mad:

kspry said:

Ok I gotta speak up here because this really burned me up.

1st... It is not unethical to ask family and friends for support. But it is your job to make sure EVERYONE you know or your family knows to know that YOU sell PC.

2nd... If it were a situation such as you stated... Bride booked a shower with friends, then I get an invite I would hope as an ethical person I would realize that "I snoozed and lost" I would never make anyone even a relative cancel something with another consultant because I did not make sure everyone knew I was doing PC. As Stated before I would just let the family know that down the road if they ever needed anything from PC that I would love to work with them.

This whole situation just stinks!

I am not a director but when I am I would definetly want to know of this situation. If a consultant on my team would do something like this what might she do with a customers money? Or tell tham that is incorrect about PC's warranty. I would considder it a training opportunity. Maybee I missed something? Fighting someones elses battles is not the goal but yes being a facilitator is.

kspry, you seem very confrontational about this but I'm not sure why? That a different director would try to support her consultants? Well maybee when you have been arround Chef Success longer you will realize that we try to support eachother as much as possible even when we disagree.

Wow, I think this is getting way out of control. As a director, I would let the other consultant know that what she did wasn't just unethical, but very disrespectful to a fellow cluster member, not to mention a fellow consultant. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do after the fact. If you are truly unhappy with your director, go to her director. Keep going up until you find someone you feel more comfortable with. I agree that you shouldn't let one consultant change your opinion about your business with the amazing company. Just know that there are very few of "those" consultants out there, and that the majority of us wouldn't even think twice about stealing customers from another. It's just common courtesy.
Good luck with whatever your decision is...

If your niece doesn't know you do PC and you got an invite...you politely decline or if you want to attend have her let the consultant know you sell PC. You tell her to go ahead and have a great time, and to please consider you for any of her future shows. It is up to the customer, relative or not who they choose to buy from.

ABSOLUTELY!!! I totally agree with Janet and I just think it stinks:yuck:

Christ Follower said:
Nikki, so not to hijack because this is a serious topic, but your new avatar is soooo stinkin' cute! I was ROTFL when I saw it!

Okay ~ Hi-jack over.

Thank you. She is 6 months old and a cutie....the petsmart loofa is her favorite toy and it is bigger than she is :eek: You should see her new collar it is soooo cute...pink leather with heart rhinestones :love:

Your puppies are sooooooo cute....how old are they?

ok hijack over

katie0128 said:
Yes, I completely agree... oh, and just to make sure that everyone is on the same page with this... that verse DOESN'T mean to pray that they step in front of a fast moving bus or a rogue piano falls from the sky and squishes them into the sidewalk... regardless of how much we would like for that to happen!

That is funny :D

kspry said:

Shouldn't you look at as a hard lesson that you did not let your niece know that you sold PC?? And if you did let her know, you should respect her wishes to have another consultant. It really bothers me when consultants assume that just because they are family they automatically get the show. You should also let all of your friends and family know that you are selling PC and ask them if they want to have a show. Remember the 30 second commercial????

sorry that comment just rubbed me the wrong way.

OK, I was wrong. I apologize.
My niece really hurt me when she went with a different consultant. Apparently, I'm a horrible aunt.
She knew I sold PC.

If she knew you sold PC then there is definetly another issue. I can totally see how you would be hurt. The best you can do is to let people know what you do. If they do not choose you it hurts but you can not force anyone to do business with you. I obviously do not know the whole story so will not speculate.

Best I can say is brush yourself off and move on. Not any help but it's the best I've got.

kspry said:
OK, I was wrong. I apologize.
My niece really hurt me when she went with a different consultant. Apparently, I'm a horrible aunt.
She knew I sold PC.

I understand that you were hurt, I think anyone would be. Did you ever ask her to have a party? Or tell her if she ever wanted to have one to give you a call?

Maybe she was at a party and thought she had to book off of her friend for her friend to get credit? Sometimes people feel that if you don't ask them to do a show that you don't *need* the shows and that it is ok to go elsewhere. I am not saying that this is the case...just what may have happened.

<h2>1. Can a Pampered Chef consultant access another consultant's bridal registry sales?</h2><p>No, each consultant can only access their own bridal registry sales.</p><h2>2. What happens if a consultant convinces someone to purchase from them instead of the bridal registry?</h2><p>The consultant will receive the sales and the bride will not receive any rewards or notification of the purchase.</p><h2>3. Can a consultant cancel a bridal registry?</h2><p>No, only the bride or the Pampered Chef home office can cancel a bridal registry.</p><h2>4. What can a consultant do if they feel another consultant has stolen their bridal registry sales?</h2><p>The consultant can contact their director and the Pampered Chef home office to report the issue. However, there may not be any action taken, as each consultant is responsible for their own sales.</p><h2>5. How can a consultant prevent someone from stealing their bridal registry sales?</h2><p>The best way to prevent this situation is to educate the bride and her guests about the importance of purchasing from the bridal registry. Consultants should also communicate with the bride regularly to ensure that her registry is up-to-date and to offer support for any issues that may arise.</p>

1. Can a Pampered Chef consultant access another consultant's bridal registry sales?

No, each consultant can only access their own bridal registry sales.

2. What happens if a consultant convinces someone to purchase from them instead of the bridal registry?

The consultant will receive the sales and the bride will not receive any rewards or notification of the purchase.

3. Can a consultant cancel a bridal registry?

No, only the bride or the Pampered Chef home office can cancel a bridal registry.

4. What can a consultant do if they feel another consultant has stolen their bridal registry sales?

The consultant can contact their director and the Pampered Chef home office to report the issue. However, there may not be any action taken, as each consultant is responsible for their own sales.

5. How can a consultant prevent someone from stealing their bridal registry sales?

The best way to prevent this situation is to educate the bride and her guests about the importance of purchasing from the bridal registry. Consultants should also communicate with the bride regularly to ensure that her registry is up-to-date and to offer support for any issues that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scarlinipc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • raebates
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Nanisu