• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Consultant Connections....not Sure

I
icerneaccorie
If this is already being discussed, but I lvoe the new consultants connections except that my director can see the names of the clients I have shows with.
I wish the would change that.
Living in a small area or having shows with my directors past hostess I don't feel comfortable her having that access.
I already emailed home office but I just wanted to know your feeling.

We used to get that info when they mailed out stats every month. I was glad when that stopped for the reasons stated above. Not that my director really minds because she would rather make money while I work than while she works : )

In your situation I can see why you may be concerned.
I think either first name or just stats would be sufficient. I am sure they have heard enough stories about unsavory consultants to know that may not be the best idea. At least they don't list the names of the bookings!?!

I do agree, just because I know that I do shows with hostesses that used to do them with my Director. If she finds out on her own it is awkward enough because she always questions me like I should have referred them to her. Now she can check herself every month...joy.

:devil:'s advocate...I like it. I too live in a small area. For me, it is a waste of time and embarassing when I find out I have tried to reach someone and they have moved on to another consultant in my downline.

Your director should show leadership and learn to let it go. It can hurt, but I would NEVER take it out on a consultant. To me, it is the customers' choice and sometimes they just book off a friend. I then look forward and all is forgotten. We have to realize that consultants are not out there actively seeking to take over past hosts. There are always more people out there.

Again, I do like this because I have one host that will have a July host number expire. She has just done a party with one of my downline. So be it. I will still call on her when July gets closer because she does go to other parties of her friends who host with me. For me, I will be less disappointed when she tells me no...I still make 3% from her party (and hopefully 4% someday!)

Ann, I do see your point. and I also think that for 90% of leaders that will be the reaction. But for those of us who have dealt with the other 10% this is concerning at the moment. Personally, I do not think she will check it, I am sure she didn't take the training and unless she stops making money off me will not care to look.
Case in point: I had 2 downline consultants recruit and she said nothing. When I told her she said she doesn't gert the email and can't be bothered to check every Director's team She has 3. hmph. Whatever.

Koolotus said:
But for those of us who have dealt with the other 10% this is concerning at the moment.

I can certainly sympathize because my first 3 or 4 years in PC, I had one of those 10% and it was a rough ride (along with her family member who was my recruiter). Luckily, I had an upline I could reach out to...then my 10% director would get paranoid that I was talking behind her back. All I was doing was trying "learn the businsess" behind her back...in spite of her! It was difficult, but I was determined to do the Survivor mode...out play, out last. Guess who is still in the business AND growing??:D

I am sure my director and her family member (my recruiter) shared all the names of hosts with her. They were building resentment and I never knew it until it hit me square between the eyes. Hopefully this 10% will fade away. I did suggest to HO that perhaps we need to train directors on leadership skills. Luckily, my upline helped me with this on both the receiving end and now that I am on the director end. Those emotions do come up but if at all possible, I try to reach out to anyone to help work through them and don't pass it downward. Either somewhere up the line or on here. I do realize that the 10% out there spoil it with their immaturity. So glad we have DS and beyhind the apron!!!

I've tried to think of a good reason why I as a director should know who my consultants are doing business with. I can't think of one. They are independent contractors, and who their clients are should be their business.

It's also the customer's personal business who she (or he) chooses as a consultant. I can imagine an insecure director contacting a former host or worse, giving her a cold shoulder.

Just my humble opinion.

My only guess is so when coaching we can say, "4 shows were scheduled at *Judy's* show... what did she say about the opportunity when you asked her?" Only so we can be more specific with our coaching and more specific. Just a guess...

legacypc46 said:
I've tried to think of a good reason why I as a director should know who my consultants are doing business with. I can't think of one. They are independent contractors, and who their clients are should be their business.

It's also the customer's personal business who she (or he) chooses as a consultant. I can imagine an insecure director contacting a former host or worse, giving her a cold shoulder.

Just my humble opinion.

that sums it up perfectly for me.

My feeling is I can do the coaching without having the names in front of me. I already do that.
I'm worried about my clients privacy. I know that my director has given her login info to her friend who is also a director in my area and she is always worried about her busniess, I'm worried she will get a hold of my clients.
The good thing is I have a good relationship with most of my clients so I'm not to worried. Most of them already say they have a consultant when asked to book a show at someone elses show. But if they do book its to help a friend out.
My feeling is If I'm at a show and I'm asking everyone to book a show or start the business and they said they have one with xyz I respect that and move on. If its one of my girls great....that means they are working the business and I did my training right.
Bottom line....I don't need the names to coach and I want my director to be accountable for her business as a leader and not "steal" my leads like in the past.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Related to Consultant Connections....not Sure

1. What is "Consultant Connections"?

Consultant Connections is a feature on a consultant's personal website on a direct sales company's platform. It allows consultants to connect with their clients, track their sales, and manage their business.

2. Can my director see the names of clients I have shows with on Consultant Connections?

Yes, currently, directors have access to view the names of clients that consultants have shows with on Consultant Connections. This feature is designed to help directors support their team and track their progress.

3. Can I change the settings so my director cannot see the names of my clients on Consultant Connections?

Unfortunately, at this time, there is no option to change the settings so that your director cannot see the names of your clients on Consultant Connections. However, you can reach out to the home office to voice your concerns and request for this feature to be changed.

4. Is it possible for my director to see my past hostesses on Consultant Connections?

Yes, your director may be able to see your past hostesses on Consultant Connections, depending on how the feature is set up. If a past hostess has made a purchase or has an upcoming event, they may show up on your director's dashboard. However, your director will only have access to view the names and not any personal information about the hostesses.

5. Are there any privacy concerns with my director having access to my clients on Consultant Connections?

Some consultants may have privacy concerns with their director having access to view their clients on Consultant Connections. If you have any concerns, it is best to reach out to the home office and voice your concerns. They may be able to provide you with more information and possibly change the feature in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Chef Rachel
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Donna Fulcher
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • cincychef