• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Consultant (Two Weeks Ago): via Email: I Had Acustomer Approach Me

In summary, the consultant has been trying to get a new customer to sign up for months, but the customer is not interested. The consultant has not been attending any trainings, and has taken no online courses. The consultant has winged it and qualified the customer with their first show. The customer has been doing one show a month for the past three months. The consultant is ok with that. The customer asks the consultant to call her, but the consultant says they are too busy. The customer asks the consultant to email her things, but the consultant does not respond. The customer sends the consultant three texts asking how things are going, and what the consultant has talked with the customer about. The last
Nanisu
Gold Member
Consultant (two weeks ago): via email: I had acustomer approach me tonight that wants to sign up. Now what? (of course consultant has come to NO meetings, blown off all attempts to train and has taken NO online courses). Just winged it. Qualified with her first show and has done one show a month for the past three months because that's all she wants. I'm ok with that.

Me: Well, let's set up a time to talk! What's a good time?

Consultant (one week later): too busy to talk. Can you just email me some stuff?

Me: Sure, but she probably has questions. What have you discussed so far. No answer. Text sent at least three times last week to consultant with same question (i.e. how's it going, do you need help, la la la)

Last night I am at Disneyland and I send the "its the end of the month tomorrow do you plan on submitting anything" text. Consultant says" I am waiting for you to call the lady who wants to sign up. Do I put her down as a booking too?"

Me: Well....what have you spoken with her about? What questions does she have? How can I help? And will you be submtting anything?

COnsultant: Can you just call her?

Me: Well, ok, what's her number? And what have you already discussed? Is she a friend of yours?

Co: Her name is _______ and her # is _________. No I have never even met her except at the party.

Me: Is she available during the day? And what have you discussed?

C: no response

Today I send her another text: Is your show going in tonight? And will you sit in on the call with the recruit? this would be great training for you!

c: I will try to call you when I get home. I have told her nothing. And I have to get my show in. And its Halloween, I have 3 kids.Can you just call her and sign her up under my name? And then what do I get?

Besides wanting to put a bucket over my head and banging it against the wall....thoughts???

I have a lot of these types of situations, I just get the cons out of the middle from the start. "Can I have the name and number of the person and I will call her and get her signed under you. You don't have to do anything"

That way I establish the relationship with the new person, hoping they will be a performer and knowing the the first person will drop eventually. Usually it works great because the first person just wants it off their plate.

I agree with Jenni 100% and do what she does.

At this point, I recommend that you see what you can do to get her signed, then explain to the "recruiter" that in order to reap the benefits of building a team, she has to actually learn HOW to build her team. She's not an INDEPENDENT consultant if she has to lean on you her entire career. It's important for your sanity that she learn how to swim on her own at some point without having to have you as her life jacket every time she gets in the water. ;)

Nanisu said:
c: I will try to call you when I get home. I have told her nothing. And I have to get my show in. And its Halloween, I have 3 kids.Can you just call her and sign her up under my name? And then what do I get?

I love that! You'll do all the work for me but I'll get something, right? I don't need to pay attention to training or even the promos that the company offers. Gimmee, gimmee, gimmee.

I agree with the others. It's better for you to make that direct connection with the recruit, handle the training cuz soon enough she'll be direct to you.

Yeah, as my husband says "you should just ask your consultant: what other parts of your job would you like me to do for you?". The whole thing ticks me off because I know I could use the points....part of me just says sign her myself....she doesn't know my consultant....who never will work her business I don't think...I think she is very hands off. But I won't, I'll sign her under my consultant, annoyed as I am about the whole thing.

I have no doubt that your consultant would be complaining to everyone who would listen if you "stole" her recruit. I agree, bite your tongue & encourage the newbie to sign under your consultantBut I also agree with Becca ... she'll probably be your 1st line soon. With that type of attitude, her "recruiter" probably won't last long.

did you talk to the lead yet? Wondering what she had to say about your consultant.

Couldn't get hold of her--but I did speak to the consultant and it's much better than I thought--she did talk to the potential for about 20 min after the party she did...so I will keep calling the potential and see if we can set up a 3 way call.

I don't want to jump in and question your recruiting strategy...I'm just wondering...does she really need "more information"? To me, if she approached the consultant and said she wants to sign up, I'd tell the consultant to have her go online and sign up! Then you're there to help her get her shows on the calendar and do her initial training. Just my thoughts as that's how I do it. Especially with new recruiters who really don't understand the sense of urgency there is with recruiting and getting people signed before someone bursts their bubble.

1. What is a consultant?

A consultant is a professional who provides expert advice and services to individuals or organizations in a specific field or industry.

2. What do consultants typically do?

Consultants typically analyze problems, provide solutions, and offer guidance to help clients achieve their goals. They may also assist with implementation and provide ongoing support.

3. How do consultants work with clients?

Consultants often work closely with clients to understand their needs, gather information, and develop a customized plan of action. They may also collaborate with other team members or stakeholders to ensure the success of their recommendations.

4. Can a consultant help with all types of businesses?

Yes, consultants can work with a variety of businesses, including small startups, large corporations, and everything in between. They may specialize in a particular industry or have a broad range of expertise.

5. How can I find a reliable consultant?

To find a reliable consultant, you can seek recommendations from colleagues, conduct online research, or reach out to professional organizations in your industry. It's also important to thoroughly vet any potential consultants by reviewing their qualifications, experience, and references before hiring them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • byrd1956
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • imported_iteachurkid