• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Connecting with Others on AOL Instant Messenger - Add Me: FlyingHeather777

In summary, AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) was a popular instant messaging service launched in 1997 that allowed users to communicate with each other through text-based messages. However, it was officially discontinued on December 15, 2017 due to the rise of other messaging platforms. AIM required users to create a screen name and add contacts to their buddy list, and had some security measures in place but was not considered completely secure. There are many alternative messaging platforms available, such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and iMessage.
hmolah
Does anyone use this? :confused:

I thought it would be nice to get a few PC contacts on my list - just to have for any 'immediate' emergencies! ;) Plus, it is always nice to chat with other consultants! If anyone is interested, you can add me to your list - I'm FlyingHeather777. :D Message me if you add me, and I'll add you to my list too!

Thanks!

Heather

I use it and I keep in touch with some people this way. I'm pamperedbeckyg on AIM. It's so easy to get in touch with people this way!!! I'm not good about doing my "away" message so sometimes I"m nowhere to be found if someone IMs me. It's fun though!:)

Hey I have aim too. My screen name is pamperkat. I also got yahoo (pamper_kat) and msn ([email protected]) too if anyone has those too. Great way to stay in touch though!! Add me if you all like. :)

Last edited:
I have Yahoo Messenger
suepaz1023
:)

Hi! I have aim and yahoo , on aim it is CindyM958, on yahoo it is coffeeracer

Thanks,
Cindy

Related to Connecting with Others on AOL Instant Messenger - Add Me: FlyingHeather777

1. What is AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)?

AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) was a free instant messaging service that allowed users to communicate with each other in real-time through text-based messages. It was one of the first popular instant messaging services and was launched in 1997.

2. Is AIM still available?

No, AIM was officially discontinued on December 15, 2017. The service was shut down due to the rise of other messaging platforms and the decline in usage of AIM.

3. How did AIM work?

AIM required users to create a screen name and add contacts to their buddy list. Users could then send and receive instant messages, create group chats, and share files with their contacts.

4. Was AIM a secure platform?

AIM had some security measures in place, such as encryption for messages and the ability to block users. However, it was not considered a completely secure platform, and users were advised to be cautious when sharing personal information.

5. Are there any alternatives to AIM?

Yes, there are many alternative messaging platforms available, such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and iMessage. Each platform offers its own unique features, so it's best to do some research and choose one that best fits your needs and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • Shelly Flanagan
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shelly Flanagan
  • babywings76