• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uncover the Mystery of the Spring Catalog Cover: Deep Covered Baker Discovery!

In summary, Bethany thinks that the product on the spring catalog cover may be a new design for the Deep Covered Baker and that it may be accessible to smaller microwaves. She also thinks that the handles on the lid may be too small and that the product may break if it is used improperly.
otisbg
Gold Member
I have to share this and I am sure many will think I am totally insane but a strange thing is happening and may lead to the mystery of the product on the spring catalog cover. After I finished catching up on my expense entries in P3 for taxes, I started planning ahead for April 1- Kit enhancement. I usually start making my list and then add or delete as my mood and mind changes - have done this the past 2 years with no issues. I dated the non-commission order for April 1, 2011 - kit enhancement. I entered Stainless Steel bowl set with no problem. I tried to enter Deep Covered Baker using the magnifying glass....nothing showed up...got the catalog and entered the catalog # and got the message - "no longer available". :yuck:
OK....so I went to a show I am closing today - used my daughter's name as a guest and entered the DCB number and it took it!! Could it be that the DCB is being redesigned and has a new number and is on the cover???? Shared this with my husband and he had no idea what I was trying to explain....:confused:
Let me know if you try this - with an order dated after March 1. This is how I spent my Saturday.....LOLOLOL

I think you are on to something.

That's something I've been toying with. There have been "clay" pots around for centuries that can be used over actual fire and on burners as well as in the oven. Just a thought. Wish PC had one.

maybe the lid is going to be flat on top and that we will be able to use it as a lid or as a bottom ....like the old deep dish and bowl.... I still use my dd & bowl all the time - bowl as the lid or dish as the lid. I have return so many DCB lids because the knob has come off .....

As exciting as this thought is, remember the price point VS the DCB's

Barry Carlton said:
As exciting as this thought is, remember the price point VS the DCB's

...and they said it will RIVAL the DCB.

That is why it may be smaller - round vs. oval - thereby more accessible to smaller microwave owners. It would be nice to not have to worry about it fitting a host's micro. 2 weeks from today I will know!!!!!!!!!! WAHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:sing:

If they are redesigning it, I hope it has bigger handles to grasp and an easier lid to get off. Way too small of a handle on the lid making it very hard to hang on to.

cochef said:
If they are redesigning it, I hope it has bigger handles to grasp and an easier lid to get off. Way too small of a handle on the lid making it very hard to hang on to.

Definitely! Especially when wearing the oven mitt.

Apparently HO has caught on because I just did a non-com order using the 04-01-11 date and it allowed me to enter #3300 and it came up the Cranberry DCB.Still makes me wonder if they have modified it to fit more of the smaller microwaves. I'm with the other poster...two weeks from today, I'll know!

ME TOO BETHANY! Not only for our customers but because it was the only thing I earned in the SAT! I just found out one of my customers returned her white lid as the handle, if you really stretch your imagination you can see a handle, broke off. She had to settle though for a Cranberry lid! I just hope it fit. I know that a few of my guests had to keep returning lids because they did not sit right on the bases. One lady did it three times before she finally told them - and she did - to replace the entire thing so the lid fit right. They did. And she got to keep the base! Oh and it broke in the oven. The lid simply cracked right down the middle width wise, right around the handle. I also saw it. Has anyone noticed that since the resurrection of the DCB, they do NOT seem to be as heavy as the originals?

I agree!! My lid is soooo heavy! I did a show last nite and had to explain to my customers that the lids now a little lighter!!! I sold 4 of them last nite! I hope they don't make them any smaller because I did fajitas in it for my show...packed it to the top and then still didn't really have enough for the guests. There were 18 there I think!! I would like them to make a smaller one but keep the one we have now

I just tried as KE with a date of 4-11 (my B-Day :)) and it stated that item #3300 is no longer available....it also says that if I try it as a PO

Wonder if they are changing the number to it?

Weird :confused:

Karen

Same thing for me- as a KE or as a show order in April. Could be they are making some sort of change to it and the number will change, but if you search for "Baker" it doesn't come up either. Hmmmmmmm What's even more curious- is I created a catalog show in March, and it was not there, so I tried February. It shows up in February, but nothing dated after March 1st.Maybe they are still gauging availability from season to season and so they haven't entered it in the updated files yet for those dates in the future.

esavvymom said:
Same thing for me- as a KE or as a show order in April. Could be they are making some sort of change to it and the number will change, but if you search for "Baker" it doesn't come up either. Hmmmmmmm

What's even more curious- is I created a catalog show in March, and it was not there, so I tried February. It shows up in February, but nothing dated after March 1st.

Maybe they are still gauging availability from season to season and so they haven't entered it in the updated files yet for those dates in the future.

This is what I was wondering. OR Possibly, it won't be available in Cranberry, and will be a different color - so that would be a different #. It wouldn't show up as "Baker" either...because the new #'s wouldn't be there yet.

ChefBeckyD said:
It wouldn't show up as "Baker" either...because the new #'s wouldn't be there yet.

I do believe that the new #'s are there. I entered an incorrect # last night while playing with my 4-01-11 date and it came up with a product that I had never heard of before. So I changed the last # and it was something else that I hadn't heard of. I kept playing with it and there are a lot of things there but there are no prices as of yet. However, I won't tell you anymore because I know that there are some who enjoy surprises. ;)

Probably should delete post #16 - you're right - Most of us would rather not have that info on here right now to ruin the fun of Spring Launch!

winklermom said:
I do believe that the new #'s are there. I entered an incorrect # last night while playing with my 4-01-11 date and it came up with a product that I had never heard of before. So I changed the last # and it was something else that I hadn't heard of. I kept playing with it and there are a lot of things there but there are no prices as of yet. However, I won't tell you anymore because I know that there are some who enjoy surprises. ;)
Old, discontinued products will come up - but with no price. That could be what you're seeing also. Lots of those on there.

If you put in a show with a date after April 1st, the Fall/Winter 2010 products still come up, like the snowman plates. And #3300 works. They have not loaded the Spring/Summer 2011 products yet. Probally not until after Spring Launches.

They work, but there are red dots..and if you check - it tells you they are not available.In less than 2 weeks...actually 12 days - not counting today the mystery will be solved!!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Old, discontinued products will come up - but with no price. That could be what you're seeing also. Lots of those on there.

That could very well be what I'm seeing. There were several things that had me a little excited about seeing but perhaps they were in the past. Bummer!

I'm soooooo excited about Spring Launch, it's less than 2 weeks for me! Woot!

What is the Deep Covered Baker and how is it used?

The Deep Covered Baker is a versatile stoneware dish that can be used in the oven, microwave, and even on the grill. Its unique design allows for even heat distribution and moisture retention, making it perfect for roasting, baking, and braising a variety of dishes.

What makes the Deep Covered Baker different from other stoneware dishes?

The Deep Covered Baker has a lid that locks in moisture and flavors while cooking, creating tender and juicy results. It also has a non-stick glazed interior that makes for easy clean-up.

What are some recipes that can be made using the Deep Covered Baker?

The possibilities are endless with the Deep Covered Baker! Some popular recipes include roasted chicken, lasagna, mac and cheese, and even bread. You can also use it for desserts like cobblers and cakes.

Can the Deep Covered Baker be used in the microwave?

Yes, the Deep Covered Baker is microwave safe. It is perfect for quickly cooking or reheating meals.

How do I care for and clean the Deep Covered Baker?

The Deep Covered Baker is dishwasher safe, but it can also be easily cleaned with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using metal utensils on the stoneware to prevent scratching. To prevent cracking, always allow the dish to cool before adding cold foods or liquids.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• whiteyteresa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jessinthekitchen
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Nep2nfly