• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Deep Dish Baking Magic: Try the DCB!

In summary, the PBS documentary about funeral homes was interesting and focused on the Lynch family, a third-generation family-owned funeral home. The program showcased the respectful and professional work of the funeral directors as they interacted with families who had lost loved ones. It also discussed the process of embalming and the option of cremation. The documentary will be shown again on Tuesday night on NOVA. In a separate conversation, the topic of the Deep Covered Baker was brought up and a recipe for Easy Apple Crisp was shared. The speaker had success selling the DCB at a recent show.
DebPC
Staff member
Deep Covered BakerAt my show on Tuesday night I made a recipe that I usually make in the Deep Dish Baker in the DCB without the lid - plus I passed around some recipes on a sheet for it and said they'd get them if they ordered one. I sold 3 out of 8 guests. And the host is getting one. Plus got 1 booking for Oct. for it.
Well worth carrying it around to shows!

Could you share the recipes you are giving out? And which recipe did you make? ....inquiring minds want to know!

It's Easy Apple Crisp. Maybe the original name was Quick Apple Crisp. I've been making this recipe on and off forever. Sooo yummy!!!

It was just posted at CS a couple of days ago. I've cut and pasted it to here.
I still love to show off the ACPS. The only difference is I cut a stick of butter into pats and place over cake mixture instead of mixing it in.

Quick Apple Crisp
Ingredients:
5 Granny Smith apples
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half using Utility Knife. Place apples in Deep Dish Baker.

2. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in Classic Batter Bowl. Mix until crumbly using Classic Scraper. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples.

3. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping, if desired.

Yield: 10 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 240, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 33 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 210 mg, Fiber 2 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2003

Tri-Fold recipesI got this from my director a few days ago and thought it would be helpful. Sell those bakers!!!:money:

Attachments

• DeepCoveredBakerTri-Fold.doc
    44.5 KB · Views: 160
    44.5 KB · Views: 163
    44.5 KB · Views: 160
Thanks so much- that's awesome!

I swear, just making the pork in the DCB has been the best booking tool! At my show last night, I got three bookings for October because of this!! Yay! They're all catalog shows, which is fine by me because the show last night was in a town 1 1/2 hours away and that's where everyone was from.

I got another list of DCB recipes off of CS that I'm going to be emailing to everyone who has purchased this. I'll have to check out these other recipes. Thanks!!

Did anyone see the PBS documentary this evening about funeral homes? Pretty interesting.

--Jenny L

What were the main points?

Nope didn't see it. Please share.

missed it, I worked in a FH in HS & some college. Wanted to be a funeral director but didn't want to move to Dallas to attend mortuary school, so quit college my sophomore year to get a MRS. degree & where did I end up living? The Dallas metroplex

I came in in the middle of the program so I don't know where this funeral home was.

The family name was Lynch, I believe it was 3rd generation family owned. What I liked about it was that it was very respectful. I have lost both my parents and a sister, so have some familiarity with one side of funeral homes, not the behind-the-scenes side.

They profiled a couple people still living who the Lynch's worked with, one was an elderly lady near death, one was a couple with a 2 year old with major medical issues. Another was an old guy just getting his ducks in a row so his kids didn't have to when he was gone.

They showed consultations with the families. At one point they showed howthe body was prepped for viewing, the embalming process, the face and make-up process.

They also talked about cremation as an option.

What was nice to see was how the funeral director and his family was affected by the families they worked with.

--Jenny L

I went to high school with a boy whose family owned a funeral home and he used to tell us stories all the time.

We also had this teacher in HS who told us the only excuse we had for missing a test was death - our own.....so my friend brought all of us a death certificate and we filled them out and gave them to the teacher! Teacher thought it was cute, but we still had to take the test.

jlevernier said:
Did anyone see the PBS documentary this evening about funeral homes? Pretty interesting.

--Jenny L

How funny! I thought I was the ONLY person in the world watching that thing!

I thought the Lynch family was extremely professional. It was really interesting how they have to be polite, respectful and friendly without coming across overtly jovial because of the business they are in. They seem to do have a really good balance with how they communicate.

So sad for the Verrino family who lost their 2 year old son.

If anyone is interested, I saw that this program will be on Tuesday night. I guess it's on NOVA. Doesn't PBS run the same program a few times during the month on different days and times?

--Jenny L

jlevernier said:
If anyone is interested, I saw that this program will be on Tuesday night. I guess it's on NOVA. Doesn't PBS run the same program a few times during the month on different days and times?

--Jenny L

I believe so and I know this something that my DH would be fascinated by! Thanks for posting :)

Carissidy said:
I believe so and I know this something that my DH would be fascinated by! Thanks for posting :)

No prob!

--Jenny L

Related to Deep Dish Baking Magic: Try the DCB!

What is Deep Dish Baking Magic?

Deep Dish Baking Magic, also known as the DCB, is a versatile ceramic baking dish that can be used for a variety of recipes. It is designed to evenly distribute heat and provide a crisp crust on the bottom, making it perfect for deep dish pizzas, casseroles, and more.

How is the DCB different from other baking dishes?

The DCB is made of stoneware, which helps to retain heat and distribute it evenly throughout the dish. It also has a unique shape and design, with fluted edges and a flat bottom, which helps to create a crispy crust on the bottom of dishes.

Can the DCB be used in the oven and microwave?

Yes, the DCB is safe to use in both the oven and microwave. However, it is not recommended to use it on the stovetop or under the broiler. Always follow the specific recipe instructions for the dish you are making.

How do I clean the DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it to prolong its lifespan. To remove any stuck-on food, soak the dish in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before cleaning with a non-abrasive sponge or brush.

What recipes can I make with the DCB?

The DCB can be used for a variety of recipes, including deep dish pizzas, casseroles, pot pies, cobblers, and more. You can find recipe ideas and inspiration on the Pampered Chef website or in the accompanying recipe book that comes with the DCB.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Energizermom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies