• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused About Gift Certificates

In summary, the customer ordered two gift certificates for a church function, but forgot to put a name on them. When the certificates arrived, the purchaser found out that she was the only one who could use them. The Home Office told the purchaser that they will not leave the recipient name blank, and there must be a name.
PamperedPrincess74
A customer of mine ordered two Gift certificates (one for $30 and the other for $25) to give away as door prizes at a church function she was having. Because she didn't know exactly who the recipients would be, she didn't have a name to put on them. When I ordered them, I put her name in the "From" column and my name in the ship to address thinking they would be shipped to me with the rest of her order. Well, I just got them today and they are made payable to me. Does this mean that I am the only one who can use them??

Contact home office and have them reissued.

Another Question:confused: My cousin may have me do a PC gift certificate fundraiser for her school? (they don't want to do a kitchen show even though they could get more money from it!) Any ideas on how to do this and who the GCwould be made out to?

can't you just make out a gift certificate from you to the school? that way you'd be guaranteed to get the sale (it'd only be redeemable through you), and if the winner decided to use the $25 toward an order, you'd get their order and the commission.

That is simple luckilyJust leave the recipient blank. The Home Office will then send them to whomever ordered them. They will not go to the host of the show. The required fields needed are the address, city state and zip to where it is to be shipped. YOU CAN LEAVE THE RECEIPIENT NAME BLANK. so just put in the address of whomever will be distributing them.
The receipient then fills in their name and shipping address on the certificate when they get it. Or the person distributing them can too.
The purchaser name and phone number are also needed.
You also need an amount and quantity.
You can order 10, $20 gift certificates on one screen. You do not need to fill out 10 screens.
They will all then ship to whomever's address you put in there.

Last edited:
wouldn't the GCs be made out to the recipients.. ie: if someone wanted to buy a GC for their aunt, Susie Jones, then they'd put her name down for the recipient's name.. and it gets shipped directly to her. I thought that's how it worked.

If it were me, I would make out my own gift certificates. When they are ready to redeem them they would call you and give you their order and you could then order it for them, it may even save them on shipping costs if you could submit it with a show and then you would even get the comission on anything over the amount of what they got for free unlike a gift certificate from PC directly.

Yeah!I was afraid to say that. I have been using my own for a while. I just have a problem with someone giving a gift certificate from the Home Office because it ALWAYS cost the receipient more money. Why would you give someone something they have to pay for???? If you put it on the gift certifcate that the shipping & handling may be extra, most people will stay under the dollar amount or hit it on the head and not mind $3.50. (In 99% of the cases I have used them, I have been able to attach them to shows.) I would mind getting a gift certificate worth $20 and paying out something like $7.00 for S&H.
So I agree, make up your own. I have been using Print Shop to do mine as they have some great pictures to use.
Dress it up with some snazzy stationary and you have something that looks atractive too.
Odviously though if you will be shipping them out all over the place where you can not deliever the products easily, the S&H thing goes right out the window so using the Home Office ones works fine.

Last edited:
pchefinski said:
wouldn't the GCs be made out to the recipients.. ie: if someone wanted to buy a GC for their aunt, Susie Jones, then they'd put her name down for the recipient's name.. and it gets shipped directly to her. I thought that's how it worked.
If the certificates will be given out (or sold) at let's say a fair/booth, donation to silent auction, etc, you would not have the recipient's name in advance. Otherwise, yes you could put their name on it, with a personalized message also.
Must admit, I've only ever sold one "official" home office issued gift certificate. I like personal ones better so that I know when it's used, can cross sell, etc.

I just contacted the home office about this and they told me that they will NOT leave the recipient name blank. There must be a name and address listed. However, it does not matter whose name is listed, anyone can redeem the certificate. The only thing they need to provide is the Gift Certificate number listed on the actual certificate.

pampered1224 said:
I was afraid to say that. I have been using my own for a while. I just have a problem with someone giving a gift certificate from the Home Office because it ALWAYS cost the receipient more money. Why would you give someone something they have to pay for???? If you put it on the gift certifcate that the shipping & handling may be extra, most people will stay under the dollar amount or hit it on the head and not mind $3.50. (In 99% of the cases I have used them, I have been able to attach them to shows.) I would mind getting a gift certificate worth $20 and paying out something like $7.00 for S&H.
So I agree, make up your own. I have been using Print Shop to do mine as they have some great pictures to use.
Dress it up with some snazzy stationary and you have something that looks atractive too.
Odviously though if you will be shipping them out all over the place where you can not deliever the products easily, the S&H thing goes right out the window so using the Home Office ones works fine.

I've never seen a consultant's GC to use with only the consultant...how do you make it and what info should go on it? I think this could help drum up more business for me in the future because people would have to go to my website or call me to use it.

This is the one I created and used for my bridal expo..it's still generic and says what needs to be said. I hope this helps!

Attachments

• gift certificate.doc
    377.5 KB · Views: 533
Thank you!!I created my own but they are so much more boring than those. Thank you so much for sharing.

HuhNow I am confused. In Pampered Partner, the Gift Certificate does NOT require a receipient name at all. So...
There is a mistake in Pampered Partner then. Good to know.

showmehow2 said:
I created my own but they are so much more boring than those. Thank you so much for sharing.

I'm just glad to be able to help!

1. What can I use a Pampered Chef gift certificate for?

A Pampered Chef gift certificate can be used to purchase any products from our catalog, including kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and pantry items.

2. How do I redeem a Pampered Chef gift certificate?

To redeem a gift certificate, simply enter the unique code at checkout when making a purchase on our website or provide the code to your Pampered Chef consultant when placing an order.

3. Can I use a gift certificate towards a party or cooking show?

Unfortunately, gift certificates cannot be used towards party or cooking show purchases. They are only valid for personal orders made through our website or with a consultant.

4. Do Pampered Chef gift certificates have an expiration date?

Yes, all gift certificates have an expiration date of one year from the date of purchase. Please make sure to use the full value of the gift certificate before it expires.

5. Can I combine multiple gift certificates for one purchase?

Yes, you can combine multiple gift certificates for one purchase. Simply enter all of the unique codes at checkout or provide them to your consultant when placing an order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Lifeat50
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • PamperedPrincess74
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies