1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Confused about Gift Certificates

1. A customer of mine ordered two Gift certificates (one for $30 and the other for $25) to give away as door prizes at a church function she was having. Because she didn't know exactly who the recipients would be, she didn't have a name to put on them. When I ordered them, I put her name in the "From" column and my name in the ship to address thinking they would be shipped to me with the rest of her order. Well, I just got them today and they are made payable to me. Does this mean that I am the only one who can use them??

2. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

Contact home office and have them reissued.

Oct 21, 2005
  3. PCAbby

PCAbby Member

Another Question

:confused: My cousin may have me do a PC gift certificate fundraiser for her school? (they don't want to do a kitchen show even though they could get more money from it!) Any ideas on how to do this and who the GCwould be made out to?

Oct 22, 2005
  4. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

can't you just make out a gift certificate from you to the school? that way you'd be guaranteed to get the sale (it'd only be redeemable through you), and if the winner decided to use the $25 toward an order, you'd get their order and the commission.

Oct 24, 2005
  5. pampered1224

pampered1224 Legacy Member Silver Member

That is simple luckily

Just leave the recipient blank. The Home Office will then send them to whomever ordered them. They will not go to the host of the show. The required fields needed are the address, city state and zip to where it is to be shipped. YOU CAN LEAVE THE RECEIPIENT NAME BLANK. so just put in the address of whomever will be distributing them.
    The receipient then fills in their name and shipping address on the certificate when they get it. Or the person distributing them can too.
    The purchaser name and phone number are also needed.
    You also need an amount and quantity.
    You can order 10, $20 gift certificates on one screen. You do not need to fill out 10 screens.
    They will all then ship to whomever's address you put in there.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
    Oct 24, 2005
  6. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

wouldn't the GCs be made out to the recipients.. ie: if someone wanted to buy a GC for their aunt, Susie Jones, then they'd put her name down for the recipient's name.. and it gets shipped directly to her. I thought that's how it worked.

Oct 24, 2005
  7. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

If it were me, I would make out my own gift certificates. When they are ready to redeem them they would call you and give you their order and you could then order it for them, it may even save them on shipping costs if you could submit it with a show and then you would even get the comission on anything over the amount of what they got for free unlike a gift certificate from PC directly.

Oct 24, 2005
  8. pampered1224

Yeah!

I was afraid to say that. I have been using my own for a while. I just have a problem with someone giving a gift certificate from the Home Office because it ALWAYS cost the receipient more money. Why would you give someone something they have to pay for???? If you put it on the gift certifcate that the shipping & handling may be extra, most people will stay under the dollar amount or hit it on the head and not mind $3.50. (In 99% of the cases I have used them, I have been able to attach them to shows.) I would mind getting a gift certificate worth $20 and paying out something like $7.00 for S&H.
    So I agree, make up your own. I have been using Print Shop to do mine as they have some great pictures to use.
    Dress it up with some snazzy stationary and you have something that looks atractive too.
    Odviously though if you will be shipping them out all over the place where you can not deliever the products easily, the S&H thing goes right out the window so using the Home Office ones works fine.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
    Oct 24, 2005
  9. rwesterpchef

rwesterpchef Advanced Member

If the certificates will be given out (or sold) at let's say a fair/booth, donation to silent auction, etc, you would not have the recipient's name in advance. Otherwise, yes you could put their name on it, with a personalized message also.
    Must admit, I've only ever sold one "official" home office issued gift certificate. I like personal ones better so that I know when it's used, can cross sell, etc.

Oct 25, 2005
  10. I just contacted the home office about this and they told me that they will NOT leave the recipient name blank. There must be a name and address listed. However, it does not matter whose name is listed, anyone can redeem the certificate. The only thing they need to provide is the Gift Certificate number listed on the actual certificate.

11. mypamperedmoocow

mypamperedmoocow Member

I've never seen a consultant's GC to use with only the consultant...how do you make it and what info should go on it? I think this could help drum up more business for me in the future because people would have to go to my website or call me to use it.

12. Laurenncraigory

Laurenncraigory Member

This is the one I created and used for my bridal expo..it's still generic and says what needs to be said. I hope this helps!

Attached Files:

13. showmehow2

showmehow2 Guest

Thank you!!

I created my own but they are so much more boring than those. Thank you so much for sharing.

Oct 25, 2005
  14. pampered1224

Huh

Now I am confused. In Pampered Partner, the Gift Certificate does NOT require a receipient name at all. So...
    There is a mistake in Pampered Partner then. Good to know.

Oct 25, 2005
  15. Laurenncraigory

Laurenncraigory Member

I'm just glad to be able to help!

Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted