• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Confused About Commissions: Double Check Here!

In summary, the DSA recommends that newbies submit their work between the 1st and 15th of the month in order to get their commission check on the 22nd. If you submit your work on or after the 16th of the month, your paycheck will be sent out on the eighth.
jenniferp417
Ok, I just want to be sure I've got this figured right in my head. I'm still awfully new at this!

I submitted two February shows on March 4 and 5. Will I get the commissions for those on Thursday (the 22nd)?

Thanks!

If you have direct deposit yes you do. If not you have to wait till the 8th

Ok, good. I *do* have direct deposit so I'm all set then.Thanks! :)

I am glad to help how long have you been doing this?

My first shows were in January. I've only done four thus far. :)

keep up the good work. Just for later any shows submitted from the 1st-15th of the month go on the 22nd payday and any shows submitted 16th-end of month is the paycheck on the eighth

Thanks SO MUCH for clearing that up for me.I was 95% certain, and had planned my budget that way... spend most of yesterday's work paycheck on a PC sample package. Then I got worrying that I had it wrong and wouldn't be getting paid on Thursday.I panic myself for nothing sometimes.

We do not get a "paycheck". We get a "commission check". There is a big difference. HO managers made a big deal about that difference about a year ago.

True. There IS a difference... but I still *think* of it as my paycheck! :)

Why is there a difference?

Without having heard what HO has to say about it, I think the main difference is that a paycheck can be basically unchanging (if you're salaried) or based on hours worked, regardless of how hard you worked... whereas a commission check directly reflects the effort you put into it.And since PC likes to reward our effort, "commission check" seems much more positive.Something like that anyway. :D

jenniferp417 said:
Without having heard what HO has to say about it, I think the main difference is that a paycheck can be basically unchanging (if you're salaried) or based on hours worked, regardless of how hard you worked... whereas a commission check directly reflects the effort you put into it.

And since PC likes to reward our effort, "commission check" seems much more positive.

Something like that anyway. :D

paycheck.....commission check....it all spends the same! I don't care what they call it, as long as I get it!:rolleyes:

Yep!

i just had to say Jennifer that I think your name is cool....is 4-17 your bday? if so this is weird, cuz my name is Jennifer Phillips and my bday is 4-17!!!

Does CP send us an e-mail or something to let us know how much they deposit into our accounts? My husband is really big on knowing what goes in and out of our accounts.

They send out an e-mail to let us know when commission statements are posted, and then you can go to CC to look it up.

chefbritt said:
They send out an e-mail to let us know when commission statements are posted, and then you can go to CC to look it up.

Thanks so much!

chef-kina, 4-17 in my anniversary. How fun though, that we have the same initials and that date is meaningful to both of us! :)

There is some technicalities with wording that we as DSA members have to follow. for example--we can't say "you're hired". That assumes a certain amount of benefits, paycheck, etc. This business is completely based on what you put into it, no guarantees--like a regular job you would get a set amount per hour--ours you don't.

i think last year the DSA actually put forth some "rules" that we all should really read- because some people say things that could be misleading(not intentionally)-but nevertheless they are. and then we sign people telling them they'll make $25/hour when there really is no guarantee they'll sell that much to make that much. then you could get into some legal trouble if they are the type that are sue happy. it's all in the wording!!!

HO made a big deal about it at new director training last year.

ange13 said:
There is some technicalities with wording that we as DSA members have to follow. for example--we can't say "you're hired". That assumes a certain amount of benefits, paycheck, etc. This business is completely based on what you put into it, no guarantees--like a regular job you would get a set amount per hour--ours you don't.

i think last year the DSA actually put forth some "rules" that we all should really read- because some people say things that could be misleading(not intentionally)-but nevertheless they are. and then we sign people telling them they'll make $25/hour when there really is no guarantee they'll sell that much to make that much. then you could get into some legal trouble if they are the type that are sue happy. it's all in the wording!!!

HO made a big deal about it at new director training last year.
Thanks, Ange!

That was the point I was making.

We do have to be careful on our wording. Even if we explain ("You can make the equivalent of $25 per hour if you sell $....") people only hear a portion of what is said. Everyone is familiar how a paycheck works - you work x hours for x salary per hour and tax is taken out and that's the paycheck. Most people understand that a commission check is payment for actual sales and not for time spent. I know it seems like a fine line but, as Ange said, it makes all the difference for some.

That DOES make absolute sense. THANKS! :)

Related to Confused About Commissions: Double Check Here!

1. What is the commission structure at Pampered Chef?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can earn a base commission of 20% on your personal sales. You also have the opportunity to earn additional bonuses and incentives based on your monthly sales and team performance.

2. How often are commissions paid out?

Commissions are paid out on a monthly basis, typically on the 15th of each month. However, if the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday, commissions will be paid out on the next business day.

3. Are there any requirements to earn commissions?

To be eligible for commissions, you must have at least $200 in personal sales each month. Additionally, you must be an active consultant and in good standing with Pampered Chef.

4. Can I earn commissions on my own purchases?

No, commissions are only earned on sales made to customers. However, you can earn discounts and free products on your own purchases through the Pampered Chef Host Rewards program.

5. How can I track my commission earnings?

You can track your commission earnings through your Pampered Chef consultant account. Simply log in and navigate to the "My Business" section to view your commission statements and sales reports.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sillylittlechef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
PCGINA
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • pamperedlinda
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies