• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Conference Notes: Promotion Pointers from Cindy Lazor and Nancy Francis

A
akaskydebil
Cindy Lazor has her notes on her website /cindylazor. She taught "Promotion Pointers: Need-to-Know Strategies for Promoting Directors" and I heard it was great! She was with Nancy Francis.

Are any of our fabulous workshop speakers willing to share their notes?

Anyone know of any other workshop notes being posted on websites?

I'd love if anyone would share! I'm a visual learner so I get a ton out of reading notes as I tend to daydream when I listen. (Don't worry Jenni - I paid attention in your workshop as I aspire to be a Top Recruiter like you! LOL)

Great notes...thank you for sharing! I went to Team Recruiting Game Plan. The speakers were so nice, but I did not get too much out of it. Hoping to get more out of the notes.

Website/sweetdeals

The AD's name is Laurie Garza-Carl. Notes are listed under her news section.

Thanks Ann - Laurie is a member here and on CS.

Also - CK Hall posted hers on Bookings over on CS. In 2 yrs on here i have yet to learn how to do attachments so all I can do is refer you all to check it out on that site if you are a member.

Melissa78 said:
Thanks Ann - Laurie is a member here and on CS.

Hope Laurie is not offended. It is so obvious that she and her co presenter are very successful ladies and have an incredible rapport with their team members. I am looking at things through my own personal team eyes right now. What I took away from conference was concentrating on behaviors. Laurie's workshop did show me behaviors that I need to impliment and that I have not been praticing. I am a hand outs person so the notes on her website will help me gleen so much more information.

baychef said:
Hope Laurie is not offended. It is so obvious that she and her co presenter are very successful ladies and have an incredible rapport with their team members. I am looking at things through my own personal team eyes right now. What I took away from conference was concentrating on behaviors. Laurie's workshop did show me behaviors that I need to impliment and that I have not been praticing. I am a hand outs person so the notes on her website will help me gleen so much more information.

I don't think you said anything offensive. We each take something different from workshops...if you got 'something' you are a winner! You took away behaviors and hopefully you will have great success with it like they do.

Ann- I'm with ya (on the info.) ...took the same class but different speakers.....

annew said:
Ann- I'm with ya (on the info.) ...took the same class but different speakers.....

I hate to be critical of speakers because some are doing it for the first time and it is something that I am not sure I could affectively pull off!

baychef said:
Great notes...thank you for sharing! I went to Team Recruiting Game Plan. The speakers were so nice, but I did not get too much out of it. Hoping to get more out of the notes.

Website/sweetdeals

The AD's name is Laurie Garza-Carl. Notes are listed under her news section.

That was me and yes I was not impressed with myself either. Sorry Ann. :eek: I psyched myself out because I did not expect most of the material to be covered the day before. Wish HO had mentioned that fact.

baychef said:

Not offended. :blushing: Hopefully the notes do help though you'll see that it is basics. What it comes down to is working with your team individually, having a real connection with each. You take your goals and yourself out of the equation and truly focus on their goals. You need to be enthusiastic and passionate about your biz and vision. If you can't get behind it or them, then why should they? You must have team goals and lead. They can not follow if there is no where to go. It's also being able to believe in their dream when things have yet to show it's going to happen. They need you to believe enough in them until their belief catches up.

Sounds simple and basic....use the activities and trainings HO gives...it really is that simple.

If you aren't enjoying the experience, why would they want leadership. It's also important that you teach them to teach others. Starts off with lots of hand holding in the beginning....but when it clicks and they start running...wow, it's a sight.

Jolie_paradoxe said:
What it comes down to is working with your team individually, having a real connection with each. You take your goals and yourself out of the equation and truly focus on their goals. You need to be enthusiastic and passionate about your biz and vision. If you can't get behind it or them, then why should they? You must have team goals and lead. They can not follow if there is no where to go. It's also being able to believe in their dream when things have yet to show it's going to happen. They need you to believe enough in them until their belief catches up..

This is GREAT info, but do you have any specific behaviors that we can do to show them that we are enthusiastic and passionate? Also I keep hearing to focus on their goals, BUT also set team goals. How do you blend the two?
Thanks!!

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Not offended. :blushing: Hopefully the notes do help though you'll see that it is basics. What it comes down to is working with your team individually, having a real connection with each. You take your goals and yourself out of the equation and truly focus on their goals. You need to be enthusiastic and passionate about your biz and vision. If you can't get behind it or them, then why should they? You must have team goals and lead. They can not follow if there is no where to go. It's also being able to believe in their dream when things have yet to show it's going to happen. They need you to believe enough in them until their belief catches up.

Sounds simple and basic....use the activities and trainings HO gives...it really is that simple.

If you aren't enjoying the experience, why would they want leadership. It's also important that you teach them to teach others. Starts off with lots of hand holding in the beginning....but when it clicks and they start running...wow, it's a sight.

Laura, your enthusiasm was great. I am a hand outs girl but so glad that you posted your notes. They help so much.

My team had good meetings but then a year ago, two of my downline promoted and struck out on their own having their own meetings which was good. I encourage independence! The personal team left was much smaller and not a group that attended meetings for various reasons. So my meetings have been non existent locally...but I started a small group north of where I live where two people wanted to attend.

You are so right when you say "when they take off it is a sight" because I have experienced this. It is uphoric (sp?). When one earned a trip to Disney and then promoted. And another promoted...it was so exciting.

What I had not followed was the "keeping your personal team growing". It was like being on a great balloon ride then crashing to the ground! I miss the bigger energenic meetings!

Please don't give up on speaking at conference. With all that I learned at conference (including your workshop) was that growing my personal team and getting back the bigger meeting is a MUST in my business. For selfish reasons...it keeps me motivated and excited about my business!!

Again, you and Chrystal have great methods of getting your team going and I so want what you have!!! Thank you again!

Jolie_paradoxe said:

Laurie... I was in your workshop! I wish I had realized our connection here before now I would have introduced myself! I took a ton of notes and thought your workshop was fabulous! THANK YOU!!!!

finley1991 said:
Laurie... I was in your workshop! I wish I had realized our connection here before now I would have introduced myself! I took a ton of notes and thought your workshop was fabulous! THANK YOU!!!!

And we all missed each other!! :cry:

Another speaker's notes are from Rapid Results for New Consultants. Rose Slack and Lesley Brose presented this and here is the link to Rose's notes:

/rosespckitchen

Laura, did Chrystal post her notes as well? If so, could you share her website? Thank you!

Jolie_paradoxe said:
That was me and yes I was not impressed with myself either. Sorry Ann. :eek: I psyched myself out because I did not expect most of the material to be covered the day before. Wish HO had mentioned that fact.

Girl, I didn't realize you spoke at Conference! Of course, since I didn't make it to Conference, that's probably why. LOL! Would have loved to have been in your seminar though! You're rockin this business!

baychef said:
Please don't give up on speaking at conference. With all that I learned at conference (including your workshop) was that growing my personal team and getting back the bigger meeting is a MUST in my business. For selfish reasons...it keeps me motivated and excited about my business!!!

Laurie did you read this???? And read it again...and again...and again...? :sick: I think "someone" gave you this same advice. You should listen to it.
They are smart, fabulous women! hehe *hugs*

No notes have been posted on Jillian's, nor a few others I have been searching for.
To all the speakers out there, can we make this a 'must'? :) I stopped taking notes last year at conference like a mad woman b/c I don't get as much out of it. Love when I can read it all and soak it all in (as my highlighter goes to town!)

Just sayin'.... :)

baychef said:
And we all missed each other!! :cry:

NO WAY!!!!! How did THAT happen?????????

I just posted my notes from The Pampered Chef® and a Full-Time Job? Make it Work. It was my first time too and I was very nervous too! I even had an audience member try to hijack the session so I wasn't able to get to all the material I had planned on. Sorry that the notes are not as detailed, I usually speak better in the moment than off a paper. I can gauge the room better that way./BBellesen

Beckie...so glad you posted them. Your workshop was one of the ones I wanted to attend. Again, I so respect conference speakers and am so appreciative when you share notes. You all have so much to offer and so much is missed when trying to take notes.:chef:

/stacyitzel
/cheflindley

Notes for Team Recruiting Game Plan.

Other class, Rapid Results for New Consultants didn't post notes.
Best idea from it was:
They put $5 in a pot every mtg. They do the normal tickets for being on time, # of shows held and so on. If you win the ticket drawing and you brought a guest you get the $5 pot. If you win the ticket drawing and you don't have a guest the pot continues to grow. The winner of the ticket drawing also get to pick from a prize bucket (biz supplies and so on) so they win regardless. They said it gets them to bring guest, esp. as the pot gets bigger.

Have new consultants call all their friends & ask them to host a party for them first. If they can't host, then invite them to the open house. Don't just call and invite them to the open house and wait to get the booking. Kick-off show is a back-up.

NC write in their planner in RED the 30/90 dates and also put in that spot their goal.
Have them forward you a copy of their welcome letter from HO with their password so you can login with them and see together what is on their screen.

cincychef said:
any specific behaviors that we can do to show them that we are enthusiastic and passionate? Also I keep hearing to focus on their goals, BUT also set team goals. How do you blend the two?
Thanks!!

Connect with what excites you about the biz and what excites you about leadership. Share it with the the team each time you are in contact with them - meetings, phone calls, etc. Share what you love and then highlight and celebrate what they love. Knowing each individual recruits real "why" helps you when you talk with them. It helps to keep them engaged and gives them the boost they need when things aren't "working" as quickly or in the manner they expected.

I have my teammates have a 30 day, 90 day and 6 month goals. Then we work up action plans for each. At each conversation, we assess where they are in that action plan and what needs more attn.

At my rec interview AND my 1st training with them, leadership and growing their team and paycheck is covered. As I said in my workshop, I do a FSCO with each teammember. I make it a point to ask each teammember if leadership is in their sights at the end of every 90 day action plan.

Come up with a list of who they could call...why they would be good for PC and PC be good for them...and why they may say no. That way they are already prepared for the chance that they may hear no and they may be prepared to respond to the objection. Practice word choices...cover the common objections and let them work out some answers. You acknowledge their replies and add your 2 cents to help. Let them hear you make the 1st call and go through the opportunity with their contact. Then review the call with them. They'll see that you aren't devastated that it was a no. Or they'll see how the opportunity is for everyone. Then ask them to call everyone on that list.

You have to set them up to have a full schedule - whatever that means to them. If they want to grow a team and make money, then they need to be in front of enough people - which means shows. They want 2 shows? Then they need to book 4 in case of cancellations. If the 4 stick, bonus money that they may decide to tweak the schedule to 4. Slowly, you ask them to prepare to exceed their minimums. They want 1 recruit? Then they need to find 10 people interested in learning more. They want that month's recruiting incentive? They need at least 2 signed in the event one does not qualify. They want to be a TL? They need 3 recruits because they can not push the 2 to submit...too stressful when you are at bare minimum. And who wants a minimum wage paycheck?

When you are doing your coaching calls, you are focused on their individual goal. You want to learn what they are doing, how they feel about it, see if they need help on a specific topic and then let them know why it's necessary.

I.e. Car payment? How much? Does that include insurance? Ok, let's break that down into # of shows. If you need $450, that means you need at least 5 shows to be sure to cover that in case one of your shows is a flop. Can you do 5 shows every month? What days will you schedule for cooking shows? How many shows do you have right now? Also, let's add some catalog shows and 1 extra show in case you have a cancellation - after all, life happens.

So, you need 3 more shows. Who can you call? Write that down. Who else comes to mind? Write that down. Have you been making 3 NEW contacts a day? You don't want to annoy people and be frustrated because you are calling the same 20. Not fun for them, not fun for you. So, who haven't you called? Write that down. Where else can you go to find new contacts? Great idea! Write that down.

Role Play & Practice: "Ok, I'm going to pretend you're Mary and I'm you." You give the consultant word choices for a known ctc, for an out & about ctc and for a guest. Then have them play themselves and you the contact. And let them try 2 or 3 times out loud with you.

Practice word choices. Again and again for every aspect of our biz.

Things I also want to make sure I cover along the way =
How are you asking for bookings? Their approach may need tweaking. Do they have a 30 second commercial? How is their personal story?

How is your host coaching? Let them understand this is key to avoiding cancellation and increasing sales. Let's make those 4 shows the biggest they can.

Are they doing FSCO? ABSOLUTELY necessary & non negotiable. I teach them from the get go that this is what we do. It's part of the biz, it's part of the job. They must ask about the biz first. If they forgot, I have them do Morning After Calls and then proceed with FSCO.

How are they using booking and recruiting seeds? Are they listening to red flags. Are they thinking about their customer and what service they can provide? Did they not want to help their guest get that DCB for free? Did they not want to help that guest with their bills?

You ask to see how comfortable they are with these basics and learn what needs some tweaking. Involve them in the process. WHat do you think you could do differently? How awesome did it feel to try it? What actions do you need to take? When do you plan on completing that? Great...can I offer some suggestions?

I use the Guide to Supporting New Consultants for all my new teammembers to make sure we go over all the basics of the biz in my 1st 90 days. I also use the materials from Step Up Your biz and I use the consultant connection subject material when I call them or have a coaching call scheduled. If you click on their names 2 or 3 times, a note section pops up along with scripts on specific topics.

When you have your team meetings or team conference calls, that is when you set team goals. You include them in your weekly emails for those who do not attend meetings. We do a beat your best challenge - you can either focus on beating your numbers from the same month of the previous year or like I do...we must beat our all time best. I do a cash raffle which we split amongst the directors) for everyone who submits at least 1 show for the months we beat our best. $10 (beat 1 category), $25 for 2 categories & $50 for 3+ categories.

In my emails and at meetings, we recognize everyone for their actions....who is working their biz? And any and all actions are celebrated in the emails. Jenny made 30 calls! Melody asked 12 people to consider the biz and 4 said yes! Kristina has 12 shows booked! Velma reached out and scheduled one on one training with me! Lilly is coming to observe a show! Sarah submitted her 1st show! Anything I think took effort and will create a successful business is given recognition. I also update the stats weekly in our team goal so we can see where we are.

We talk about how every show and every consultant has a different goal, but that each one collectively is making a difference in reaching our goal. That each show submitted, each new team member adds to the whole. We celebrate our "Rock stars", but we also celebrate each person who reached whatever goal they set for the month whether it was 2 shows or 20.

How do you show your passionate and enthusiastic? When ever any team member contacts you - email, phone or text - to share that they did something. I wahooo and tell them how proud I am. They are obviously excited and proud and so you take a moment to acknowledge it. Use the Wahoo Wagon newsletter to brag about them to the team. Before you hang up, you do a quick couple of suggestions to go for more. They made 3 calls? "Bet you can come up with 3 new people to call." You got a booking? "Nice...keep going, you're on a roll...why stop now!?!" If they're excited, it'll help them when they make those contacts.

Here's the monthly drawings and how my team can earn tkts for it:

Beat Your Best Team Challenge Categories:
Shows, Active Consultants, Sales, Recruits

Biz Basket Pick Challenge:
Email 3 tips from any training to share with team
Recruit Interview, regardless of lead's reply - Email results
Green by 15th - email to director
Bring a guest to meeting
Assist in meeting - cover a topic, greeter, tkt queen, etc.
Bring a recipe - 2 tkts for this one

Goody Bag Raffle - (this is usually a PC product hidden in gift bags)
$1250 in sales
Beat Your Personal Best (1 tkt for each category - individual's best)
Recruit

Monthly Challenges are also given - this summer, we're doing a 3-3-3 challenge:

Submit 3 shows for 3 months and be rewarded by your 3 directors. 3 shows in July, Aug & Sept....win $100 FREE Fall Product Basket.

We've done sell the most product of the month challenges or Go for No challenges...

Also, offer training consistently and be available. In a team setting and one on one coaching calls.

Focus Groups - Last series was "Have Goals, Will Travel". Using scripts from CC, we worked on stepping their biz up to earn New Orleans Trip. Working for the trip help set up good biz habits, kept them on track and motivated.

Next series is going to be a leaders of tomorrow group. TL's and above working towards D.

Here's a sample of our monthly trainings...you want FIXED dates that your team can offer to leads.

1st Tuesday - Tm Conference Call - what are the promos for the month? Who's going for what? How are we going to get those shows, recruits? What's our 30 day goal?

2nd Tuesday - Cook, Book and Look - New consultant training and mini opportunity event for guests

3rd Tuesday - Team Time - Cluster Meeting

4th Tuesday - Cook Book N Look - same as 2nd Tuesday

Hope that helps.

baychef said:
Laura, your enthusiasm was great. I am a hand outs girl but so glad that you posted your notes. They help so much.

LOL...I love my biz and I love my team...the enthusiasm was easy! I do hope the notes help Ann. It's hard to sit down and jot down every detail. It's impossible when you're told to cover everything with 20-25m a piece.

baychef said:
My team had good meetings but then a year ago, two of my downline promoted and struck out on their own having their own meetings which was good. I encourage independence!

I remember. My team is currently doing it together, and I hope it stays that way. Like you, I like the energy of a larger group.

baychef said:
but I started a small group north of where I live where two people wanted to attend.

When I first started my mtgs, I would have 2-3. It was easier on me because I HATE HATE being in the spotlight and public speaking. Shocking, I know. I am not shy and I love people. I love recognition too, but not in a big crowd setting. So the small group allowed us to connect and get to know one another. When I joined, my recruiter held her trainings just for Kristina and I. There were days it was just me. She never made me feel uncomfortable that she did all this prep work just for 1. We became SERIOUSLY good friends and I got to get that personalized training. I remember that when I'm running around cleaning and hoping for a good crowd.

baychef said:
What I had not followed was the "keeping your personal team growing". It was like being on a great balloon ride then crashing to the ground! I miss the bigger energenic meetings!

Yup, you can not get complacent in your biz. You must always be working your biz. If you want your team to recruit 1, then the leader should be gunning for 2. Won't always happen, but it's working the biz and growing that is a must. The excitement of your very new people does keep you motivated and reminds you of how fun this biz is.

baychef said:
Please don't give up on speaking at conference.

LOL....I first have to be asked again. If asked, I will do it because I want to redeem myself. It's more a personal redemption than anything. As I said, I hate public speaking...I even told HO that. When I considered saying no, I was given the impression that it was not the thing to do. I was pretty bummed that I would be missing 1 of the 2 workshops. I prepared and prepared and prepared....totally took a ding on personal biz. Then Wednesday director training Part 1 and 2 is all about recruiting, getting your team to do it. About connections and enthusiasm intermingled with testamonials. I freaked...that WAS our workshop! So, I psyched myself out. It happens. I am upset with myself because I am an overachiever. This is the personal growth we talk about. This is about stretching outside the comfort zone until it becomes your new and larger comfort zone.

finley1991 said:
Laurie... I was in your workshop! I wish I had realized our connection here before now I would have introduced myself!
QUOTE]

You're kidding me!!! AWWWWW!!!! I sincerely am bummmed to know you were there and we didn't get to meet! You are one of the members I had hoped to bump into! Grrr!! I would love to meet next year. You're kindness and fun spirit, along with practicality is something I admire!! You're a sweetheart and I thank you!

baychef said:
Another speaker's notes are from Rapid Results for New Consultants. Rose Slack and Lesley Brose presented this and here is the link to Rose's notes:

/rosespckitchen

Laura, did Chrystal post her notes as well? If so, could you share her website? Thank you!

Hi Ann....it's on my website's notes. Her website is /czchef Not sure if she's posted them yet.

Laurie,
Thank you so much for all the information you just posted!!! I am doing a lot of what you said, but there are some great things here that I can start doing or do better!! Thank you! No wonder PC asked you to be a speaker, I can tell you are great with your team.

Glad I could help. Chantelle, I would also work with anyone who wants to promote. Focus on recruiting, helping them with their leads and that they shadow you for all recruiting activities you are doing. Action plans and accountability with weekly coaching calls will make a big difference. If there are several, do a conference call training with individual follow up.

I also have the basic activities from cc listed on my site in calendar section - /sweetdeals

Laurie, you are correct about not saying no. I was asked many, many years ago. I said no and have not been asked since. Depending on the subject, I know I would have the confidence now, but it is ok.

Jolie_paradoxe said:
Hi Ann....it's on my website's notes. Her website is /czchef Not sure if she's posted them yet.

Glad she taught "team recruiting" and not "personal website" as she still has May and June headlines on her page. :D

Her notes are not listed for anyone interested (or at least not that I could find).

Are any of our fabulous workshop speakers willing to share their notes?

It is not guaranteed that all workshop speakers will share their notes, as it is their personal choice. However, it is always worth asking and some speakers may be willing to share their notes.

Anyone know of any other workshop notes being posted on websites?

It is possible that other workshop notes may be posted on various websites, but it is not a guarantee. It is recommended to search for the specific workshop or speaker you are interested in to see if any notes are available.

I'd love if anyone would share!

It is always great to have access to notes from workshops, as they can be a valuable resource for learning and review. However, it is important to respect the speaker's decision if they choose not to share their notes.

I'm a visual learner so I get a ton out of reading notes as I tend to daydream when I listen. (Don't worry Jenni - I paid attention in your workshop as I aspire to be a Top Recruiter like you! LOL)

Many people have different learning styles, and it is important to find what works best for you. If you find that reading notes is more helpful for you, it is recommended to reach out to the speaker or search for any available notes to supplement your learning experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • pamperedbecky
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • Bren706