• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conference Hotel? Sheraton or Hilton?

In summary, the Hilton has 2 beds and 2 bathrooms, but may not have a shuttle available to take us to and from our banquet.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey Guys! Okay, my director wants to book a room for us but I told her to wait because I remember someone on here saying that the Hilton or SHeraton has 2 bathrooms? Am I going crazy with all this excitement? Please someone help me out here!!!!

Thank you in advance!!!!:D :D What do you prefer?

My director just booked us - The Hilton - 2 beds, 2 bathrooms! We have always stayed at the Embassy Suites - but the Hilton was $100 cheaper a night this yr......we stayed at Palmer House last year, and that was a horrible experience from beginning to end!

Hilton HAD rooms w/2 beds/2baths but when we tried to book it an hour ago there were no more left.

I got a room for 2 bed/2 bath at the Hilton... but the question of the day is:
Will there be a shuttle available to take us from the Hilton to the Sheraton and back... our Exec. Banquet is at the Sheraton

OOPS Carolyn! My director must have gotten the last one! (not gloating, really!)Seriously though, we deserve a good room after the horrible experience we had last yr! We were booked for a 2 bed 2 bath room at the Palmer House, but when we got there, they had seriously overbooked (because the Gay Games people were also using the hotel), and 6 of us ended up in a little teeny corner room at the top of the hotel....I think it must have been a closet at some point! We had 2 double beds, but no room for even a cot, and the smallest bathroom ever - when you sat on the toilet, your knees (seriously!) almost touched the sink. The refrigerator/minibar - oh it was there, but out of service and locked shut...we had specifically asked about the fridge, because we had one nursing mom who needed to pump.....we called for extra towels, pillows and blankets....finally at 11pm had to go down to the front desk to get some one to bring them to us....it went on like this the entire time - good thing we didn't have to spend too much time in the room!

There are buses to take you to your banquets

Ann R

Oh good. Thats what the Travel Planners said, too... but I just wanted to double check! :D

Pampered Laura said:
I got a room for 2 bed/2 bath at the Hilton... but the question of the day is:
Will there be a shuttle available to take us from the Hilton to the Sheraton and back... our Exec. Banquet is at the Sheraton

Yes. I can't remember which hotel we stayed at last year, but we took a shuttle to the executive banquet.

I booked rooms for us earlier today & got two bed/two bath. So glad that I did it this morning! We were contemplating doing double rooms instead of quads, but when I saw that the 2/2 were available I did that!

How much are you paying for the rooms at the Hilton for 2/2?

I got the Hilton - 2 beds/ 2 baths as well and the rate is $172/night (without any taxes) - we did Palmer House last year (wave 1) and didn't have any problems - the air conditioner was on the fritz one of the days and one of my roommates called down and asked what they would do about it and they gave us one of our nights free (so I can't complain) and the a/c was working better by this time (had been out during the day when we were gone) Sorry to hear about your bad experience at the Palmer House Becky.

Gina M said:
I got the Hilton - 2 beds/ 2 baths as well and the rate is $172/night (without any taxes) - we did Palmer House last year (wave 1) and didn't have any problems - the air conditioner was on the fritz one of the days and one of my roommates called down and asked what they would do about it and they gave us one of our nights free (so I can't complain) and the a/c was working better by this time (had been out during the day when we were gone) Sorry to hear about your bad experience at the Palmer House Becky.

We were wave 3 - so maybe they were sick of PC consultants by the time we got there!
We paid the same price $172 per night for 2bed/2bath at the Hilton.

dannyzmom said:
Hilton HAD rooms w/2 beds/2baths but when we tried to book it an hour ago there were no more left.
Tell me about it! I called this morning as soon as we could register and they told me I HAD to have the names and consultant# of the 4 people staying in the room or I could not book the room....WTF!!!! So, by the time I get that info and call back....guess what....no more 2-2 available. I am a bit miffed to say the least. It would have been nice to know that info ahead of time. I called and complained to HO about it and the lack of prior information on conference hotel registration, I can understand that they don't want to tell us the names of the hotel prior to registration, but it would have been nice to know these details.

Linda,

I did the hotel online and it didn't ask for any consultant numbers - that's surprising - I actually filled in the names (one being my mom) because we aren't sure if we are going to need 2 rooms (we probably will) - Pampered Becky did one as well. I don't see what difference it is with the names - they can always change - what if someone is bringing their family (obviously they don't have consultant #'s)?

Gina M said:
Linda,

I did the hotel online and it didn't ask for any consultant numbers - that's surprising - I actually filled in the names (one being my mom) because we aren't sure if we are going to need 2 rooms (we probably will) - Pampered Becky did one as well. I don't see what difference it is with the names - they can always change - what if someone is bringing their family (obviously they don't have consultant #'s)?
I was able to get on just before 10:00 and register, but I couldn't get to the hotel info so I called....guess I should have waited a bit longer....the girl I spoke to wouldn't do it for me without names and numbers.

ChefBeckyD said:
We were wave 3 - so maybe they were sick of PC consultants by the time we got there!
We paid the same price $172 per night for 2bed/2bath at the Hilton.

Becky - I was told to ask you if you are under Sherri (Cheri) - don't know the spelling and ask if you stayed at Embassy Suites for conference 2 years ago...

I just put in the names of three other consultants....don't know if they're coming or not but that doesn't matter right now.

We got our quad at the Hilton, so I'm happy!

I am stoked as well... I snatched up a 2/2 room at the hilton and it's a good thing I did, as all my directors in my upline were at a meeting when registration opened, so we may have not gotten one... 5 people + 1 bathroom = Alison is not a happy consultant! :)

janetupnorth said:
Becky - I was told to ask you if you are under Sherri (Cheri) - don't know the spelling and ask if you stayed at Embassy Suites for conference 2 years ago...

Janet - Sheri is my SD...(actually have 2 SD's, because Sheri used to be an ED, but lost it a couple yrs ago) My upline looks like this:
1st line - Jennifer Antel - Director
2nd line - Betsy Broene - Sr. Director
3rd line - Sheri Klassen - Sr. Director

But I wasn't at conf. 2 yrs ago....we had a family wedding the same weekend as Conf. :( I STILL think they could have planned their wedding better!

Man, we're in wave 3, and I got an email from my cluster-girls this morning that said we can't get a room at either hotel for Sunday night....wonder what's up with that?

It's the Hilton for me. My dir booked one of the 2/2 rooms YAY!!!!!!! I don't particularly love to share a room with 4 people but the 2 bathrooms helps alot!!!!

etteluap70PC said:
It's the Hilton for me. My dir booked one of the 2/2 rooms YAY!!!!!!! I don't particularly love to share a room with 4 people but the 2 bathrooms helps alot!!!!

My DH is always amazed that we pack so many women into one room.....if he is w/ a bunch of guys like that, it's one to a bed, and the rest are on the floor in sleeping bags......silly men!

Becky... My hubby is worse. He will not even share a room. Luckily his Company does not make them. My DH wrinkles his nose at me when I talk about 4 to a room. He thinks I should book something cheaper close to McKormick. He does not get that it is all part of the experience.
For me it does not help that last time I shared a (non conf hotel) room with 3 ladies I had never met. They were part of my extended cluster. The gals from my hosp. Cluster had issues the previous year with snoorers. I admitted that I too snore and thus my exile. This year I will be with my director and some of her other cons. But I have only met my Dir. once 4 years ago. We shal see how it goes!!!

lacychef said:
Man, we're in wave 3, and I got an email from my cluster-girls this morning that said we can't get a room at either hotel for Sunday night....wonder what's up with that?
Yeah, I was trying to book on-line too and all the hotels are blocked-out for Sunday the 8th too. They are available on the 7th, 9th, 10th.....sounds a little odd to me.

I just booked a Quad for the Hilton JUST NOW!! I can't believe I got one!!! Yeah! :D

pamperedlinda said:
Yeah, I was trying to book on-line too and all the hotels are blocked-out for Sunday the 8th too. They are available on the 7th, 9th, 10th.....sounds a little odd to me.
Linda, my director said we all need to call HO to see what to do....it's ridiculous that we can't get a hotel already; especially when they prefer us staying at the conference hotels. I left a message with HO & am waiting for a call back...

lacychef said:
Nascar is in town Sunday night. I know that the race isn't downtown, but I wonder if people are staying downtown so they can see more of Chicago while they're there?

lacychef said:
Linda, my director said we all need to call HO to see what to do....it's ridiculous that we can't get a hotel already; especially when they prefer us staying at the conference hotels. I left a message with HO & am waiting for a call back...
Yeah, I called the Hilton myself to find out about this. They said that they cannot see what Travel Planners has, but that PC was given different numbers of rooms for different nights (fewer rooms on Sundays:mad: ). I asked her if they did have rooms available and she said yes (much more expensive to book through them though!). This really ticks me off! I called Travel Planners and they confirmed that they had fewer rooms available on Sunday. I did change my reservation so at least I've got the 2-2 for Mon & Tues nights....I'm hoping that some 2-2's will come available for Sunday. I'm on hold right now with HO.

crystalscookingnow said:
Nascar is in town Sunday night. I know that the race isn't downtown, but I wonder if people are staying downtown so they can see more of Chicago while they're there?

The Nascar track is NOWHERE NEAR the city, so I'd be really surprised if that affected the downtown hotels.

The track is out by me....we can hear it from my dad's house....don't get me started about traffic....

DebbieJ said:
The Nascar track is NOWHERE NEAR the city, so I'd be really surprised if that affected the downtown hotels.

The track is out by me....we can hear it from my dad's house....don't get me started about traffic....
I know what you mean about race traffic. I used to live 2 miles from Atlanta Motor Speedway.....couldn't even leave my house on race day (except during the race). I live @ 15 miles from it now and am directly in the path of the fly-bys that the military does at the end of the national anthem...that's pretty cool. I live in a "Fly-In" community (we have our own run-way and eveyone here owns an airplane) so of course my neighborhood loves the fly-bys.

pamperedlinda said:
I know what you mean about race traffic. I used to live 2 miles from Atlanta Motor Speedway.....couldn't even leave my house on race day (except during the race).

I just did a fair last night in a part of town that requires me to drive past the race track. I was thinking as I was driving home...if anyone books a show, I better make sure it's not on a race day or I'll never be able to get there! LOL!

PampMomof3 said:
I just booked a Quad for the Hilton JUST NOW!! I can't believe I got one!!! Yeah! :D
Is a quad the 2 bed/2 bath? What do they look like? My director called me this morning while she was making the reservations. She's always stayed at the Sheraton, but they were booked except for king size. So we booked a room at the Hilton with the 2/2. We may have 5 girls going--does anyone know if we'd be able to get a roll-away? The buses come to that hotel just like the other one, right?

For those of you who have stayed there before--are there good restaurants nearby? They were within walking distance last year & we were a 15 minute walk away from Navy Pier. Is that close to this hotel?

There's not a ton near the Hilton, but it is VERY easy to catch the Red Line train nearby and end up in River North, where there are a lot of newer restaurants (PF Changs, Weber Grill, etc).

pamperedgirl3 said:
We may have 5 girls going--does anyone know if we'd be able to get a roll-away? The buses come to that hotel just like the other one, right?
You should have no problem getting a roll-away just be sure to let the hotel no ASAP that you'll need one.

The buses come to the Hilton for pick-up. If you are in Nancy Jo's downline, your Executive Dinner will probably be at the Hilton.

I've stayed at this Hilton for the past 3 or 4 years. Love it. Does anyone remember the other Hilton where you had to do extreme navigation to get up to your room (via the elevators) when we got out of the conference and returned back to the hotel? You could wait for 1/2 and hour to get up to your room. The last year we stayed there we were thrilled to be on the 3rd floor so we could just take the stairs.

There are a few restaurant right in the hotel -- they are okay. There is one down the street. . .can't think of the name (may have something to do with actors or theatre). I think the owners are Greek. . .it has one of those expansive menus (not expensive) and the food is good. Make this wonderful grilled cheese with tomato. . .

chefjeanine said:
...............There is one down the street. . .can't think of the name (may have something to do with actors or theatre). I think the owners are Greek. . .it has one of those expansive menus (not expensive) and the food is good. Make this wonderful grilled cheese with tomato. . .
Oh, I ate there last year, it was very good....don't remember the name either. They had the theater "masks" as their logo/sign though.

There are a few resteraunts not too far from the Hilton. I had lunch at a Bennigans(I think) with my hosp. group last time. The Hilton is also right across from Grant Park. It is a nice walk. The Sheraton is closer to Navy Pier and Michigan Ave.

I got a room at the Sheraton for me and Kevin with no problem...I guess that 's because it is only me and him. I only need one bathroom for me to make a big ole mess...but get ready Sheraton....LOL.....I am pretty HYPER>>>BHAHAHAHAHAHA!

chefjeanine said:
You should have no problem getting a roll-away just be sure to let the hotel no ASAP that you'll need one.

The buses come to the Hilton for pick-up. If you are in Nancy Jo's downline, your Executive Dinner will probably be at the Hilton.

I've stayed at this Hilton for the past 3 or 4 years. Love it. Does anyone remember the other Hilton where you had to do extreme navigation to get up to your room (via the elevators) when we got out of the conference and returned back to the hotel? You could wait for 1/2 and hour to get up to your room. The last year we stayed there we were thrilled to be on the 3rd floor so we could just take the stairs.

There are a few restaurant right in the hotel -- they are okay. There is one down the street. . .can't think of the name (may have something to do with actors or theatre). I think the owners are Greek. . .it has one of those expansive menus (not expensive) and the food is good. Make this wonderful grilled cheese with tomato. . .

Thanks! I'll mention to my director about the roll-away. We're still not sure how many of our cluster is coming. I'm in wave 2 under Darla, but I believe her dinner was there last year.

I'm bummed we couldn't get the Sheraton though. We walked down to Navy Pier the first day we were there, but it sounds like we won't be able to do that this year. Maybe next time!

chefjeanine said:
You should have no problem getting a roll-away just be sure to let the hotel no ASAP that you'll need one.The buses come to the Hilton for pick-up. If you are in Nancy Jo's downline, your Executive Dinner will probably be at the Hilton.I've stayed at this Hilton for the past 3 or 4 years. Love it. Does anyone remember the other Hilton where you had to do extreme navigation to get up to your room (via the elevators) when we got out of the conference and returned back to the hotel? You could wait for 1/2 and hour to get up to your room. The last year we stayed there we were thrilled to be on the 3rd floor so we could just take the stairs.There are a few restaurant right in the hotel -- they are okay. There is one down the street. . .can't think of the name (may have something to do with actors or theatre). I think the owners are Greek. . .it has one of those expansive menus (not expensive) and the food is good. Make this wonderful grilled cheese with tomato. . .
Jeanine,That would be the Palmer House where you wait and wait and wait and wait for an elevator....and then, the lobby elevator only went to the 16th floor (or something like that) so you have to get out at the 16th and try catch another elevator to a higher floor....we ended up walking the stairs from the 16th to the 23rd most of the time... it was way faster. I'd forgotten about that - one more reason we hated the Palmer House! Okay - I'm done b*tching about the Palmer House now!:rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Jeanine,

That would be the Palmer House where you wait and wait and wait and wait for an elevator....and then, the lobby elevator only went to the 16th floor (or something like that) so you have to get out at the 16th and try catch another elevator to a higher floor....we ended up walking the stairs from the 16th to the 23rd most of the time... it was way faster. I'd forgotten about that - one more reason we hated the Palmer House! Okay - I'm done b*tching about the Palmer House now!:rolleyes:

Nope, it was a newer hotel (newer than Palmer House).

Oh, I looked it up, it was the HYATT REGENCY CHICAGO. I've never stayed at Palmer House. Saw no reason to change once we got in at the Hilton -- I really do like it there.

There used to be a shop at the Hilton called "I dream of Jeanine". I have pictures next to the signs.

chefjeanine said:
I had a rollaway reserved for a 5th person last year but then didn't end up needing it (at the Palmer Hilton) but this year they are specifically saying we cannot have more than 4 to a room. Something about safety. It's on the downloadable docs in the conference reservations area of CC. Think they'll hold to that?

Hmmm, interesting - because I know that we are planning on 5 in our room.....

Got an email from director. She's got us a room at the Sheraton.(Getting even more excited. May be really annoying to the people around me by the time I leave in July. Hey, what do you mean, "Don't you mean more annoying?")

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Becca_in_MD
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • PampMomof3