• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Share Your Conference Feedback: What You Liked and Didn't Like

In summary, the conversation was about sharing feedback and comments about the recent conference. The individuals liked the recognition and classes, but didn't like how spread out everything was. They also discussed missing out on some aspects of the conference, such as lunch and executive gifts. One person had an issue with a workshop and planned to contact Doreen directly about it. They also mentioned some negative feedback about a workshop presenter who made dishonest suggestions. Overall, they enjoyed the conference and the food was highly praised.
chefkathy
What did you like?

What didn't you like?

I think it's important to let HO know our comments when we fill out the evaluations so I thought we could share them here. I know I jotted a few things down, but can't remember everything. If we share here, then we can remember to comment!

I liked how they did the recognition and the classes were much better this year. I didn't like how spread apart everything was and that they didn't even do stand up recognition for giving campaigns or career sales (except $million).I am a carrot person and missed the 2nd day lunch and exec gifts. I also wondered how what they did give added up to $100. ...I know, but just saying.Over all it was a great conference and just what I needed.

I thought everything was fabulous!!! I didn't miss the gifts... I have enough *stuff* so it was okay with me to not schelp it home. I did like getting the paperwork though. I like ribbons over the pins. I had one issue with a workshop and Doreen is going to hear from me tonight! I talked with my director about it and she said to contact Doreen directly.

Overall it was fabulous and so happy I got to see my friends!!!! :candyheart:

finley1991 said:
I thought everything was fabulous!!! I didn't miss the gifts... I have enough *stuff* so it was okay with me to not schelp it home. I did like getting the paperwork though. I like ribbons over the pins. I had one issue with a workshop and Doreen is going to hear from me tonight! I talked with my director about it and she said to contact Doreen directly.

So....are you gonna tell us what happened? :blushing:

DebbieJ said:
So....are you gonna tell us what happened? :blushing:

Just some really bad suggestions on how to get bookings. Some that I felt there was no way HO would approve/condone us doing these things. Some dishonest suggestions and twisting of the truth.

When HO reviews the recording, they'll hear it first hand.

I was very thankful I didn't have a consultant in the workshop hearing these things. I was bummed. :(

Awe, I'm sorry Colleen! I'm surprised that no one called them out on it in the workshop.As far as feedback, I don't get to do a survey since I didn't go ... but I'm super excited about most of the items. LOVE the Spice Turn-About and I'm so glad that they finally came up with not only a spice holder, but such an awesome one!!! I'm happy to see more bamboo products as well.Not too excited about the purple, orange & green "Halloween" themed colors. Someone at corporate sure loves green & purple, huh? ;)

Colleen - I had that happen a few years back - a presenter who was actually telling people to lie, and be dishonest...people called her on it right in the class, and many got up and left - not good. She was fairly well known in the Co., but I don't even see her name anymore...

One thing that I LOVED was the food. The best food we've ever had. My Sr. Director said it was the best she remembered in 18 yrs. of conferences. (hee hee, can you tell I'm all about the food?)

Chefbeckyd said:
Colleen - I had that happen a few years back - a presenter who was actually telling people to lie, and be dishonest...people called her on it right in the class, and many got up and left - not good. She was fairly well known in the Co., but I don't even see her name anymore...

One thing that I LOVED was the food. The best food we've ever had. My Sr. Director said it was the best she remembered in 18 yrs. of conferences. (hee hee, can you tell I'm all about the food?)

I agree with the food comment! I thought it was awesome!

My D told me that if a speaker goes against what HO wants them to present, they are banned from speaking at conference in the future. Maybe that's why you don't see her name? Not sure... is she still a consultant?

Either way, that was the only bummer... everything else was FABULOUS!!!!!

What type of dishonest suggestions did they make?

finley1991 said:
I agree with the food comment! I thought it was awesome!My D told me that if a speaker goes against what HO wants them to present, they are banned from speaking at conference in the future. Maybe that's why you don't see her name? Not sure... is she still a consultant?Either way, that was the only bummer... everything else was FABULOUS!!!!!
This was an upper level director from outside the continental US. ;) She used to be on stage for all sorts of achievements, but I don't hear or see her name in regards to those anymore - that's what I meant. So I don't know if she's a consultant anymore or not....I can't even remember her name!Becky - the one I was in was several years ago, and I don't remember the specifics, other than there was actually an audible wave of protest from the group. I remember it had something to do with what you tell people to get them to sign an agreement...and that someone in the audience spoke up and said "But that would be a lie!"...and she blew it off, pretty much saying something to the effect of the end justifying the means. She also was advocating other very manipulative tactics. I did end up leaving the workshop before it was over, because I felt like I didn't even want to be learning from someone who was willing to be that deceptive. A cluster mate was in a different workshop (one for how to manage your PC Biz with another FT job) where the presenter was advocating using your FT employer's time and resources (copy machine, fax machine, etc...) to manage your PC Biz! After that year may have been when they started requiring Workshop Speakers to have their whole transcript written up and submitted before conference. :DThis year, every one of my workshops was valuable and helpful to my business! I came away really feeling like I was coming home to be a better leader and coach! LOVED LOVED LOVED Tom Barrett & the Go For No Couple!

In regards to the new colors- I wasn't bowled over by them- but I went for a walk and visited Crate and Barrel and they have their stuff in the same colors. The decorating god must have deemed these the new in colors.

The survey takes forever. I think it took me almost an hour to fill out. I was very specific about my problems or suggestions though so that was part of it.

I took a team meetings class where when the first thing she said was this class is designed for new directors or people who are just starting to hold meetings. I have been holding meeting for like 4 years now. So it was a complete waste of my time.

I want better descriptions of the classes or same class but specify different perspectives of that same topic at different times. For instance a class about booths could be about where to find them or how to set them up (the look of them) or what to do to get and follow up with leads. While all of those topics could easily be covered quickly in an overall class most people are looking for something more specific and would rather focus on just one or maybe two of those topics.

cheftiffany said:
The survey takes forever. I think it took me almost an hour to fill out. I was very specific about my problems or suggestions though so that was part of it.

I took a team meetings class where when the first thing she said was this class is designed for new directors or people who are just starting to hold meetings. I have been holding meeting for like 4 years now. So it was a complete waste of my time.

I want better descriptions of the classes or same class but specify different perspectives of that same topic at different times. For instance a class about booths could be about where to find them or how to set them up (the look of them) or what to do to get and follow up with leads. While all of those topics could easily be covered quickly in an overall class most people are looking for something more specific and would rather focus on just one or maybe two of those topics.

Do you mind sharing some of your specific comments?

A few of my thoughts:I felt like the multiple category Excellence Award achievers got totally glossed over, especially the two ladies that earned in all four categories! In the past there was a big to-do and handblown glass bowls awarded.Also, the top 5 achievers in each category got NOTHING. If they didn't earn Circle of Honor, they got NOTHING. Just a little pin for their lanyard.There was no hospitality award!Little recognition for giving campaign achievers or career sales/recruits.No "on track for incentive trip" buttons or recognition.No dream room.I missed the Serve It Up squad. Jean and Marla's little shopping skit went on far too long.I also had a problem with a workshop presenter, but at least she wasn't advocating lying, cheating, paying out of pocket, etc. She just didn't really know or want to know how to use P3 to its fullest and poo-poo'd the feedback/idea I gave at the mic.Okay, trying to think of something nice.....The food was fabulous. :)I'm sure I'll think of more later.

DebbieJ said:
Okay, trying to think of something nice.....The food was fabulous. :)

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

All of your comments are spot on! Your comment about the food make me LOL!!! :)

Ok so are we all going to work our hineys off for that snuggie, LOL? A SNUGGIE?

Nanisu said:

LOL! And those pictures of the sales staff wearing them were just ridiculous!

Chefbeckyd said:
This was an upper level director from outside the continental US. ;) She used to be on stage for all sorts of achievements, but I don't hear or see her name in regards to those anymore - that's what I meant. So I don't know if she's a consultant anymore or not....I can't even remember her name!

Becky, I just gotta ask, since I think I'm familiar with most upper level directors from outside the continental US (except maybe Hawaii) from the past several years, was it Sherry Loftus or Tai Cunningham?

DebbieJ said:
There was no hospitality award!

Little recognition for giving campaign achievers or career sales/recruits.

No "on track for incentive trip" buttons or recognition.

No dream room.

I missed the Serve It Up squad.

I noticed all of these as well. I also missed seeing more of the HO folks in the skits and such from the past. They were usually so funny, I enjoyed them.

I also didn't feel is was completely necessary to bring each new National Executive Director's entire 3 generations of Directors out, though I fully recognize what a huge achievement that is.

The food was awesome BUT I didn't appreciate being herded through there and fussed at if we attempted to set our things down BEFORE we went through the buffet lines.

I also enjoyed that day before everything officially began to just get situated and check out Merrill and such.

Oh, and the scavenger hunt "prize"......seriously? Will we EVER see the end of the tiles linens?

Overall, I thought they did a fabulous job considering the number of people attending and this being our first time being combined. I heard SO many people complaining on Monday on what a mess it would be, but they did a wonderful job, IMO.

Also, I have to mention, the workshop I took about Show-How with Lisa Amblo............the best EVER!!!!! She is AMAZING!!!

DebbieJ said:

I know! I thought they looked like Monks!!!!

I'm not a big fan of the snuggie but I told my mom that it might come in handy... my apartment gets really cold in the winter! If I get one, I promise to post a pic!!!!!!!

Debi said:
Becky, I just gotta ask, since I think I'm familiar with most upper level directors from outside the continental US (except maybe Hawaii) from the past several years, was it Sherry Loftus or Tai Cunningham?

Debi - she was from Alaska...

Nanisu said:

LOL! That's what I said. In my opinion, Logo Wear that we earn should be something that is going to be SEEN outside of my home, and the Snuggie would never be used anywhere but my home.

With that said, I am signing someone in the next couple of days. :party:

What I really WANT AND NEED is that Trenchcoat!

Chefbeckyd said:
LOL! That's what I said. In my opinion, Logo Wear that we earn should be something that is going to be SEEN outside of my home, and the Snuggie would never be used anywhere but my home.

LOVE the trenchcoat and the quilted jacket! Just need a few more recruits. Have 1 signing this weekend and one more hopefully next week!!!!!

DebbieJ said:

Amy Neal just posted the pic she was in wearing the snuggie on FB!!!

I earned Excellence Award in recruiting in 1 category and they did not even read our names!!! I was so very disappointed by that whole thing. Missed Serve it Up, Snuggie sucks, car giveaway was awesome though

I almost fell off of my chair with the snuggie announcement. BUT... having said that, a couple of years ago I was freezing my hiney off at one of my son's baseball games in March.. you know how erratic Spring weather can be.
My friend had been given two snuggies as a joke and she had them both with her. She let me borrow one and I will say I can totally see myself using these during baseball season this year. I have a new consultant signing this week also. I am shooting for five between now and the end of August. Lofty goal much?

beckyjsmith said:
I have a new consultant signing this week also. I am shooting for five between now and the end of August. Lofty goal much?

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! :cool:

beckyjsmith said:
I have a new consultant signing this week also. I am shooting for five between now and the end of August. Lofty goal much?

LOL! So lofty! My goal is only two by July 31st (half way there!) and 2 by August 31st.

My longer term goal is 15 qualified this year!

I would have loved to have some type of protein for breakfast that didn't come from a pig or fake eggs....where was the yogurt? and no bananas -- after a morning run it was very disappointing to not have fuel to replenish me (although lunches were okay).

Chefbeckyd said:
Debi - she was from Alaska...

I know who you mean and I can't think of her name. She was Gillian's upline (remember Gillian?). I think she (the director) since moved to AZ.

DebbieJ said:
I know who you mean and I can't think of her name. She was Gillian's upline (remember Gillian?). I think she (the director) since moved to AZ.

Jana Wasatcka (not sure on spelling of last name) and she moved back to Oregon.

DebbieJ said:
Jana Wasatcka (not sure on spelling of last name) and she moved back to Oregon.

That's funny... one of my consultants asked about here and why she wasn't up on stage like she had been in the past...

Debi said:

I would bet that the person you are speaking of is Jana Washatka...she's no longer with the company.

DebChefIA said:
I would bet that the person you are speaking of is Jana Washatka...she's no longer with the company.

I wondered about that...

Did anyone else feel that the closing general session ended VERY abruptly?? It's almost as if they were planning to do something else or have some other big announcement (I was 75% sure it would be Doris coming out and announcing her official complete retirement). It was kind of a dud of an ending - especially after the Snuggie announcement! LOL! So, if anyone hears an inside scoop on anything that was supposed to occur right at the end, I'd love to hear it! I've talked with other Directors who felt the same. They obviously ended early, which is probably nice for those having long distance travel they had to rush off to, but it seemed like there was time to do one last thing and then all of a sudden Marla and Jean just kind of looked at each other and said "Well, ok then, have a great day and safe travels." It was just not what I was expecting.

I'd love to hear the inside scoop! Or maybe I'm just reading into things....

pamperedbecky said:
Did anyone else feel that the closing general session ended VERY abruptly?? It's almost as if they were planning to do something else or have some other big announcement (I was 75% sure it would be Doris coming out and announcing her official complete retirement). It was kind of a dud of an ending - especially after the Snuggie announcement! LOL! So, if anyone hears an inside scoop on anything that was supposed to occur right at the end, I'd love to hear it! I've talked with other Directors who felt the same. They obviously ended early, which is probably nice for those having long distance travel they had to rush off to, but it seemed like there was time to do one last thing and then all of a sudden Marla and Jean just kind of looked at each other and said "Well, ok then, have a great day and safe travels." It was just not what I was expecting.

I'd love to hear the inside scoop! Or maybe I'm just reading into things....

The original agenda said 12 noon ending so a LOT of people made travel plans accordingly and were surprised to see the 1 p.m. ending once they got their conference schedule. Maybe they did it because of that? I didn't hear anything else.

DebChefIA said:

Did she go somewhere else? Did she quit? Was she terminated?

Just wondering....

DebChefIA said:

Yes! That's who it was - I couldn't remember her name.

pamperedbecky said:
Did anyone else feel that the closing general session ended VERY abruptly??

I agree... I thought the wrap up would be the dancers so I just sat there waiting!

jwpamp said:
I would have loved to have some type of protein for breakfast that didn't come from a pig or fake eggs....where was the yogurt? and no bananas -- after a morning run it was very disappointing to not have fuel to replenish me (although lunches were okay).

We were talking about the no bananas thing too. My director was getting leg cramps.

Other than that, I was happy with breakfasts. Yogurt wouldn't cut it for me...if I eat yogurt and fruit for breakfast, I need to eat again in an hour. I WAS looking for peanut butter to spread on a bagel or toast though. They've had that in the past.

A couple of the people in the no, no, no shirts said they'd be shooting them out to the crowd but that never happened. I guest they thought since they did it last year...

ending early: I am so grateful! I drove and was told by the person who checked me in that if I didn't leave the parking garage by 3 I'd have to pay for another day. We said our good bys (maybe 15 minutes) and headed to the busses. The hilton busses took forever to get going and when I finally got to the hotel I had 23 minutes to hit the restroom and get out of the parking garage. That was pretty darn close - and I had thought I'd have time for a quick lunch.

DebbieJ said:
Did she go somewhere else? Did she quit? Was she terminated?

Just wondering....

I believe she was terminated around the same time as Tom Marston.

Chefbeckyd said:

The inter logo wear is usually a drag for us Floridians...but the snuggie I will definitely use at my son's games - i gets cold on the fields here.

I agree though - about logowear that will be seen. I was trying to explain this to my team members at Merrill at NC...don't blow your $ on a logo 1st aid kit that'll sit in your purse never to be seen. Get things that the public will SEE...that's the point of logowear in my opinion.

dannyzmom said:
The inter logo wear is usually a drag for us Floridians...but the snuggie I will definitely use at my son's games - i gets cold on the fields here.

I agree though - about logowear that will be seen. I was trying to explain this to my team members at Merrill at NC...don't blow your $ on a logo 1st aid kit that'll sit in your purse never to be seen. Get things that the public will SEE...that's the point of logowear in my opinion.

Exactly! That's why it baffles me when people wear logowear to their shows. At your show, people KNOW you're the consultant! Save that $30 tshirt for a day when you're out and about.

DebbieJ said:
Exactly! That's why it baffles me when people wear logowear to their shows. At your show, people KNOW you're the consultant! Save that $30 tshirt for a day when you're out and about.

Also, when they wear PC to a team meeting... we aren't going to recruit each other! Like you said... Wear it out and about!!!!!!!!

DebbieJ said:
The original agenda said 12 noon ending so a LOT of people made travel plans accordingly and were surprised to see the 1 p.m. ending once they got their conference schedule. Maybe they did it because of that? I didn't hear anything else.

Deb, I know I've told you before, but you freakin kill me!!! How the hell do you know this STUFF? LMAO!!!! You are THE answer woman in relation to PC. Oh, did I mention to you I rode up with Elaine Ballard? All thanks to YOU!

Debi said:
Deb, I know I've told you before, but you freakin kill me!!! How the hell do you know this STUFF? LMAO!!!! You are THE answer woman in relation to PC. Oh, did I mention to you I rode up with Elaine Ballard? All thanks to YOU!

Ms. Linda Child told me this one. :) She scheduled her flight based on the 12noon ending time.

Glad you and Elaine connected.

bethcooks4u said:
A couple of the people in the no, no, no shirts said.....

Speaking of that, HOW can we get those shirts? They were great! What determined who got them at Conference?

Debi said:
Speaking of that, HOW can we get those shirts? They were great! What determined who got them at Conference?

HO co-workers had them. I didn't see any consultants with them. I would have liked one too. It would have been great to wear for my meeting.

Um.... I got one and gave it to my son to sleep in...thought they were lame. No bad thoughts please. I jokingly said "this is the mom shirt! Every time your kids ask you something you don't want to do, just point to the shirt!".

<h2>What did you like?</h2><p>I liked the variety of workshops offered and the knowledgeable presenters. It was also great to have the opportunity to network with other consultants and learn from their experiences. The keynote speakers were inspiring and the overall atmosphere was positive and motivating.</p><h2>What didn't you like?</h2><p>I didn't like the lack of organization in some of the workshops. There were a few times when the presenter seemed unprepared or the workshop topic didn't align with what was advertised. I also didn't like the long lines and wait times for some of the activities and events.</p><h2>Why is it important to share feedback with HO?</h2><p>Sharing our feedback with HO helps them understand what worked well and what can be improved for future conferences. It also shows that we value our experiences and want to see positive changes. Our feedback can also help HO make informed decisions and prioritize certain areas for improvement.</p><h2>How can sharing feedback on this platform help us remember to comment on evaluations?</h2><p>Sharing our feedback on this platform can serve as a reminder to comment on evaluations because it allows us to reflect on our experiences and make note of what we want to share with HO. Additionally, seeing others' comments may also spark our memory and remind us of additional things we want to mention on the evaluations.</p><h2>What are some other ways we can provide feedback to HO?</h2><p>Besides filling out evaluations, we can also reach out to HO through email, phone, or social media to share our feedback. Attending focus groups or providing feedback during consultant surveys are other ways to voice our opinions. Additionally, we can also talk to our leaders and ask them to pass on our feedback to HO.</p>

What did you like?

I liked the variety of workshops offered and the knowledgeable presenters. It was also great to have the opportunity to network with other consultants and learn from their experiences. The keynote speakers were inspiring and the overall atmosphere was positive and motivating.

What didn't you like?

I didn't like the lack of organization in some of the workshops. There were a few times when the presenter seemed unprepared or the workshop topic didn't align with what was advertised. I also didn't like the long lines and wait times for some of the activities and events.

Why is it important to share feedback with HO?

Sharing our feedback with HO helps them understand what worked well and what can be improved for future conferences. It also shows that we value our experiences and want to see positive changes. Our feedback can also help HO make informed decisions and prioritize certain areas for improvement.

How can sharing feedback on this platform help us remember to comment on evaluations?

Sharing our feedback on this platform can serve as a reminder to comment on evaluations because it allows us to reflect on our experiences and make note of what we want to share with HO. Additionally, seeing others' comments may also spark our memory and remind us of additional things we want to mention on the evaluations.

What are some other ways we can provide feedback to HO?

Besides filling out evaluations, we can also reach out to HO through email, phone, or social media to share our feedback. Attending focus groups or providing feedback during consultant surveys are other ways to voice our opinions. Additionally, we can also talk to our leaders and ask them to pass on our feedback to HO.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkugler
  • pamperedbecky